You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NorthwoodIOW

Players that do best in battles

26 comments in this topic

[RNVET]
Beta Tester
22 posts

I get fed up trying my best and ending up in top 4/5 and end up on losing team and this affect my win ratio, I know its same for all , but some are luckier than others to be on at the right time and end up in winning teams all the nearly all the time , so there is a luck factor too. I have an idea that the top four players who score the highest EXP/Damage should be wavered in a losing game (just like when you are top in ranking you don't lose a star), this will encourage players who are passive, to play harder and hopefully help them to play better.

Beta Tester
1,155 posts
1,373 battles

The more valuable you are to the team the better your win ratio will be. 

There is no luck about it because MM is random, so over enough games you'll get just as many bad, average and good teams as everyone else, so the only constant is you and how you play. 

Being 1 from 12 will always limit how much you can do, but clearly people have 60% + win rates because they consistently carry the team to wins.  They are not lucky, they are just very good.

And the 'best loser' thing from ranked clearly does not work very well because people play for it and hang around at the back not playing their role for the team so they can just leach XP and damage at the end game, rather than trying to actually win from the start which often requires taking more risk.

• Cool 4

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles
1 minute ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

but some are luckier than others to be on at the right time and end up in winning teams all the nearly all the time , so there is a luck factor too.

No.

I have an idea that the top four players who score the highest EXP/Damage should be wavered in a losing game (just like when you are top in ranking you don't lose a star), this will encourage players who are passive, to play harder and hopefully help them to play better.

Hell no.

Lets be objective here:

Being top XP earner doesnt really mean anything. Farming damage doesnt mean anything either. Someone has to take the top 4-5 spots always - doesnt mean they were usefull in the battle.

Also did you look at your own stats recently? Last 21 days your WR is much better than the WR on your account :cap_hmm: One might say, you have been lucky with below average results :cap_yes:

The sooner you stop blaming the others, and start looking at your own performance and try to improve yourself, the faster you will get better WR.

• Cool 3

[TTT]
Players
3,608 posts
7,459 battles

couldn't possibly be because you're straight up a massive burden and waste of a ship slot to any team you're on, right? :Smile_sceptic:

Like hell are you regularly on top of your team, there's hardly a single not-lowtier ship that you're even average in. Git gud and your winrate will as well.

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
425 posts
2,195 battles

Theres zero luck involved in winrate over a large enought sample size(anything over 1000 games).

Stop blaming your team and start to analyse what YOU did wrong everytime you lose, and you will start improving much faster

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles

What if he just is unlucky..? Is it something that is manipulating his luck rating or was he just born unlucky? Could he affect his luck on teams by spending a little money on premium account or ships perhaps? :cap_hmm:

[RNVET]
Beta Tester
22 posts

I never said i played well but there is times when i do play well and really well, i am not the best player in the game and don't pretend to be ,but i have been teams many times and hit the top and players have died with a min . in my last game they all died within mins (so yes the team failed no me in that case , and would blame the team in that case), bujt generaly i have a moan sometimes but most of time i am disappointed and i do not play for points though i have seen many players doing it, my early days were bad but i am improving thats all i can say i no time to explain myself to arrogant players who scans every bodies record so they can mouth them off as there stats are better , i am a 57 year old play who likes to have fun but the fun could be better.

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
4 minutes ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

I never said i played well but there is times when i do play well and really well, i am not the best player in the game and don't pretend to be ,but i have been teams many times and hit the top and players have died with a min . in my last game they all died within mins (so yes the team failed no me in that case , and would blame the team in that case), bujt generaly i have a moan sometimes but most of time i am disappointed and i do not play for points though i have seen many players doing it, my early days were bad but i am improving thats all i can say i no time to explain myself to arrogant players who scans every bodies record so they can mouth them off as there stats are better , i am a 57 year old play who likes to have fun but the fun could be better.

Oh man where to start....

• Cool 2

[POP]
Players
289 posts
7,161 battles
53 minutes ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

but some are luckier

Your path to greater winrate starts when you realise this statement to be false. Time for self-searching.

• Cool 4

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
414 posts
2,700 battles

I think you should get rid of the "luck" idea. Not really good for you mental health when playing this game. Yes RNG is a factor but it will always even out in the long run. There is no one in the world who can roll a dice better than someone else. What I do when I'm on a losing streak is just stop playing the game for the day and try my luck the next day. 

No one expects you to be an unicum player. But you should have fun and try your best every game. Try to find ships that suits your playstyle the best and find those fun skirmishes in games with the reds. In the end it doesn't really matter if you won or lost that game. As long you can find your fun and know you did your best for the team. 

Side tip: Try to communicate in chat. There will be always a few teammates willing to work together. 

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
425 posts
2,195 battles
14 minutes ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

I never said i played well but there is times when i do play well and really well, i am not the best player in the game and don't pretend to be ,but i have been teams many times and hit the top and players have died with a min . in my last game they all died within mins (so yes the team failed no me in that case , and would blame the team in that case)

You cant win every battle, and every loss isnt your fault, but no matter the outcome of the battle, you can ALWAYS look back on that battle and figure out a ton of things you could have done better, and having done alml of those things perfectly, a victory might have been possible.

Anyways, losing games due to bad teams has zero impact on your overall winrate, because just as many times as the bad players are on your team, they will also be on the enemy team, thats basic statistics.

Thinking that "my winrate is bad because i get bad teams" is detrimental and completely false. Your 47% winrate is completely on you, and if you look at your charts, you will see that you are not infact improving, this is probably due to you not taking responsibility for your own failures, but rather deflect it on "bad teams"

• Cool 2

Players
277 posts
3,410 battles
14 minutes ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

First, your age has nothing to do with it, apart from the fact that it should mean you are able to look at things more objectively and realise, these 'arrogant' players are in fact, correct. Once you can accept that you need to improve and that it isn't luck based, you are over your first major hurdle. Only then can you start being critical about your performance and look to see where you can improve.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles
13 minutes ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

You do realize that you basicly insulted every good player by saying, that they actually are only lucky but not better than the ones with a bad WR. And now you are calling them out for being arrogant? Think about it...

Also: If you accnowledge that only YOU can help yourself to get a better WR, and if you are willing to improve, here are enough ppl who will help you if you provide replays to see how you play. But if you come here to say its about luck, then you have to deal with the answers you get.

Ask for help -> get help -> improve = more fun!

[RNVET]
Beta Tester
22 posts

Arrgance comes with mouthing off and they only mouth off if there stats are better than your own, I know i have to improve and win rate of 46/47 % i want to get higher, I have no interest in other players stats , i dont know how to look at them in battle or any other way as i have no interest in slagging off other players because of there stats.Time for me to go do sme work.Have fun all.

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

Arrgance comes with mouthing off and they only mouth off if there stats are better than your own, I know i have to improve and win rate of 46/47 % i want to get higher, I have no interest in other players stats , i dont know how to look at them in battle or any other way as i have no interest in slagging off other players because of there stats.Time for me to go do sme work.Have fun all.

You claim to be 57, yet you write like a very lazy teenager, it doesn't ring true.

As to the thread, there's only 1 thing to take from it, you have considerable room to improve and play better, make the effort and your win rate will improve. Make some effort and your posts will read like they're written by someone that cares about what they write, not an illiterate.

[-AP-]
Players
425 posts
2,195 battles
26 minutes ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

We are telling you to see your own mistakes, and not blame them on other stuff. No one here is swinging their stats around.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
483 posts
8,564 battles
1 hour ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

I get fed up trying my best and ending up in top 4/5 and end up on losing team and this affect my win ratio, I know its same for all , but some are luckier than others to be on at the right time and end up in winning teams all the nearly all the time , so there is a luck factor too. I have an idea that the top four players who score the highest EXP/Damage should be wavered in a losing game (just like when you are top in ranking you don't lose a star), this will encourage players who are passive, to play harder and hopefully help them to play better.

No.

Because then it would not be win rate.

Also I've finished top xp on a losing team despite doing very little. And by that I mean a really sub-par performance.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,626 posts
9,132 battles
2 hours ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

I have an idea that the top four players who score the highest EXP/Damage should be wavered in a losing game (just like when you are top in ranking you don't lose a star), this will encourage players who are passive, to play harder and hopefully help them to play better.

Wrong.

This encourages the battlefucks to patrol the border harder - farming random damage and bitching at their teammates for being dead because the enemy bbs WERE actually in position.

This even more more helps Sky Cancer striking for impunity for whoever long the game goes.

This encourages DD players (most of which are already on this road) to play as rétarded as the battlefucks skullking around hoping to get a shitty random torp salvo in  or "hunting" the Sky Cancer for the best of 18 minutes before doing a suicide run for that sweet top spot - most likely on a battlefuck giving him more undeserved damage.

Cruisers are already relegated to island incrustation but maybe Wooster will do the next evolutionary leap and find a way thrive on land and in the end two Woosters will shoot stuff from the top of the summits of Two Brothers ........

In short:

1133489__safe_screencap_dragon+lord+torc

Beta Tester
528 posts
3,366 battles

If you want to be the guy atop of the team 10/10 times you need to AT LEAST do your own HP in damage and 1 kill every single game in order to have a chance at even winning anything.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles

Because as losing the star ranked has shown if tehre were an extra reward for being in the Top4 would make players play even more stupid and  just aiming for exp instead of a win. Who saysy a 100k dam done BB is betetr than a dd that did 7k while tring to cap or keep  caps contested so your team didnt lost on points after 5 min because noone again found their W keys before half your sides were radared to death in the caps?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles
1 hour ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

I know i have to improve and win rate of 46/47 % i want to get higher,

Then why dont you ask for help? :cap_yes:

As i said, there are plenty of people here in the forums who will gladly help you, without stat shaming, if you are willing to learn.

Make a thread, ask for help in general or specific class/ship, post some replays how your average game is, and others can help you with positioning, prioritizing targets, captain builds, modules and other stuff.

• Cool 2

[TIPC]
Players
331 posts
15,367 battles

I know its same for all , but some are luckier than others to be on at the right time and end up in winning teams all the nearly all the time , so there is a luck factor too. I have an idea that the top four players who score the highest EXP/Damage should be wavered in a losing game (just like when you are top in ranking you don't lose a star), this will encourage players who are passive, to play harder and hopefully help them to play better.

ÎÏοÏέλεÏμα εικÏÎ½Î±Ï Î³Î¹Î± nope

Beta Tester
150 posts
2,289 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Then why dont you ask for help? :cap_yes:

As i said, there are plenty of people here in the forums who will gladly help you, without stat shaming, if you are willing to learn.

Make a thread, ask for help in general or specific class/ship, post some replays how your average game is, and others can help you with positioning, prioritizing targets, captain builds, modules and other stuff.

This^

If you make a topic with I need help and you add a few replays of your typical games many will help you. If you bring it this way you get grumpy reactions.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,230 posts
6,341 battles
6 hours ago, NorthwoodIOW said:

I have an idea that the top four players who score the highest EXP/Damage should be wavered in a losing game

here is an eye opener for you.

highest XP does not mean you did something usefull to win at all.

just that u farmed damage most of the times.

So no