You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_BlackPud

WG Get Real

77 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Players
156 posts

You just announced no more that 4 DDs in a battle each side and now I get into a battle with 8 on our side and 7 on the enemies!!! WTF

8 DDs.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts
  • Next patch
  • Soft-cap (which means you can still meet more then 4 DDs if some of them are waiting 3 minutes or more already)
  • Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Players
2,586 posts
7,057 battles

The game is one big LOL at the moment and wont get any better after the release of RN DDs.

You get constant (read: every game) of 5 DDs per side (talking about tier 5,6,7 and 8) who are utter incompetent.

I had games lasting 5 minutes where all the DDs (either our team of the enemy team) died like flies and so the game resolved to utter rolfmstomp.

59d69La.png

• Cool 3

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,964 posts
4,950 battles

2 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

You just announced no more that 4 DDs in a battle each side and now I get into a battle with 8 on our side and 7 on the enemies!!! WTF

8 DDs.png

Now?

The clock says 3PM, you posted this at about 8AM central europe time.

Either way, try taking your meds for the weekends too, something is not quite right with you.

• Funny 3
  • Bad 4

[CATS]
Players
13,532 posts
10,358 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

The game is one big LOL at the moment and wont get any better after the release of RN DDs.

You get constant (read: every game) of 5 DDs per side (talking about tier 5,6,7 and 8) who are utter incompetent.

I had games lasting 5 minutes where all the DDs (either our team of the enemy team) died like flies and so the game resolved to utter rolfmstomp.

59d69La.png

Then why do you post a screenshot with only 4 DD per side?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
406 posts
2,643 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Then why do you post a screenshot with only 4 DD per side?

Look at their score. 

[CATS]
Players
13,532 posts
10,358 battles
4 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

Look at their score. 

Rhetoric question.

Not constant 5 DD per side.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,964 posts
4,950 battles
17 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

Look at their score. 

Fairly average if they died early.

Mind adressing the issue at hand? OP is arguing too many DDs per game at 8 AM, even tho the game screenie displays a 3 PM time.

And the next poster agrees and argues there are 5 DDs on EVERY game, while providing a screenie with 4 DDs in a game.

:cap_hmm:

• Bad 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
406 posts
2,643 battles
6 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Fairly average if they died early.

Mind adressing the issue at hand? OP is arguing too many DDs per game at 8 AM, even tho the game screenie displays a 3 PM time.

And the next poster agrees and argues there are 5 DDs on EVERY game, while providing a screenie with 4 DDs in a game.

:cap_hmm:

Yer I thought the 2nd poster was referring to DD's not contributing dying like flies early. Not reading he stated he had 5 DD's per game always. Was still drinking my morning coffee waking up :Smile_teethhappy:

In my experience it fluctuates. Sometimes you have like 5 or 6 DD's sometimes you have just 1 or 2. I think the increase of some games being flooded with a high amount of DD's has to do with the RN DD's. It will fade over time. 
As for me personally I think the sweet spot is at 3 dd's per side. Should there be a hard cap? No, but a soft cap at 4 seems reasonable for the overall experience.    

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,186 posts
6,733 battles

5 BBs per side in every game for 2 years: nothing happens

5 DDs per side in SOME games for a few weeks: everyone losing their minds.

Sigh.

• Cool 14
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,855 posts
5,332 battles
Just now, Loran_Battle said:

Sadly, I feel that 5 DDs per side is just much more worse than 5 BBs. BBs are more predictable, also you rarely tend to use several of them right away from the get go. If one team loses couple of DDs, this just snowballs and soon one side has basicly no DD left while the other has several left. Then its just crap to play.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
2,586 posts
7,057 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Rhetoric question.

Not constant 5 DD per side.

Because my point was not about their numbers but rather their competence.

Im not screenshotting every game you know :) But if you (and some others) want I can SC every game where there are 5 DDs per side (most of the games in the past week in mid tiers).

rypM4yT.png

[SCRUB]
Players
2,586 posts
7,057 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Sadly, I feel that 5 DDs per side is just much more worse than 5 BBs. BBs are more predictable, also you rarely tend to use several of them right away from the get go. If one team loses couple of DDs, this just snowballs and soon one side has basicly no DD left while the other has several left. Then its just crap to play.

Agreed.

DDs are the most important class (im not even gonna include CVs, since their impact on the game comes down to skill between friendly and enemy (one) CV player).

And currently we are seeing this really bad players that got their RN DD in a container, who dont have a clue how to play them. They just rush in, smoke up, sit in smoke and either eat torps or get blasted after radar lights them up.

Then you end up playing without any spotters, mostly evading fire and torps.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,186 posts
6,733 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

True, imho it also says something about the differences in skill that both classes require. I mean, you still see people in tier X DDs either not contesting any caps, or if they do, sit broadside inside a smokescreen. Or not know what radar is, so they start screaming hacks if they are spotted in their precious smokescreen (not kidding, the amount of times I get reported for using radar... ugh).

Meanwhile the same skill-level BB player is sitting 20km behind everyone else, so he won't die anytime soon. Nor does he really contribute to anything.

Meh, I'm just pointing out that for so long we had 5 BBs per side, which is bad for the cruiser players. And why cruiser gameplay has become so "hide behind island" centered. Or "run away and spam from max range". Yet nothing was ever done against it, even though WG even said they thought there were too many BBs.

Yet now they suddenly want to restrict DDs to 4 a side, which I agree with. It's just that I feel some bias in the devs here (given their respective reactiontime to the issue).

Actually, In my opinion there should be a soft cap of 4 on any class and every game needs a CV as well for that matter. (yeah yeah, I know).

• Cool 5

Players
2,833 posts
5,130 battles
4 hours ago, Egoleter said:

Next patch

1 hour ago, Juanx said:

The clock says 3PM, you posted this at about 8AM central europe time.

You got it both wrong! Clearly, he came from the future, to tell us, what is going to happen!

Bildergebnis für people from the future south park

[SCRUB]
Players
2,586 posts
7,057 battles
6 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

and every game needs a CV as well for that matter. (yeah yeah, I know).

Dangerous grounds mate :)

Who is gonna ensure me that our cv will be at least close to competent as the enemy? (same goes for enemy team).

Then WG needs to introduce (should have long time ago) skill based MM for CVs.

But CVs being currently in the rework process ... we will never see this.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,777 posts
24,831 battles
4 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

You just announced no more that 4 DDs in a battle each side

On what post did they state 4 a side, I think you will find it was 4 per battle.

"ST. Balancer. Calendars. Ranked battle. Sprint.

The balance algorithm for battles on tiers VI – X is being tested. It will limit the number of destroyers in a battle to 4"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pg/wowsdevblog/

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,119 posts
2,180 battles
56 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Sigh.

I can't wait to see what happens if and when WG remove the CV limit after the rework.

poop-hit-fan.jpg

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,333 posts
12,564 battles
21 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Meh, I'm just pointing out that for so long we had 5 BBs per side, which is bad for the cruiser players. And why cruiser gameplay has become so "hide behind island" centered. Or "run away and spam from max range". Yet nothing was ever done against it, even though WG even said they thought there were too many BBs.

Yet now they suddenly want to restrict DDs to 4 a side, which I agree with. It's just that I feel some bias in the devs here (given their respective reactiontime to the issue).

Yeah. 5 BB's per side has been the standard since KM BB's came out. Back then they said that this was a temporary thing that would pass very quickly. Still, almost every game has 5 BB's per side. 

Its sooo clear that WG favors BB's. Atleast now we know what the reason for nothing happening to the BB MM. WG is not interested in balancing the MM when it comes to the strongest and most noob friendly class. Just everything else. 

• Cool 2

Players
1,880 posts
5,879 battles
20 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Actually, In my opinion there should be a soft cap of 4 on any class and every game needs a CV as well for that matter. (yeah yeah, I know).

Bad idea.

A soft cap is already included for BBs iiuc (5), none exists for cruisers which imo is fine. I enjoy games without any CV more then I do a game with a CV. Many of these CV games are just ludicrous, like Trap and our Lex goes around the map sniping the enemy Lex (yes, it didn't end well :Smile_sceptic:) or another game Mountain Range where both tier 8 CVs (can't remember the enemy CV but ours was a Lex again) actively did NOT attack each other's planes..but both were farming damage as I ended upi getting deleted in 2 separate airstrikes in Alsace. It wasn't very enjoyable to me, to say the least :Smile-_tongue:

Whenever possible and warranted, I actually like games being somewhat unpredictable, as this makes games more diverse then what I see in WoT where every map and every move seems predetermined.

I'm also not looking forward to a matchmaking where EVERYTHING is perfectly mirrored, some diversity keeps making things interesting :Smile_Default:

[CATS]
Players
13,532 posts
10,358 battles
47 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Because my point was not about their numbers but rather their competence.

Im not screenshotting every game you know :) But if you (and some others) want I can SC every game where there are 5 DDs per side (most of the games in the past week in mid tiers).

rypM4yT.png

Still not constant....

You cannot make a claim and disprove it in the same post.

• Bad 5

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,203 posts
6,649 battles

personally I find the main problem with lots of dds each side is the side that gets less radar ships as this tends to make them lose too easy

capping at 4 though seems reasonable

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,586 posts
7,057 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Still not constant....

You cannot make a claim and disprove it in the same post.

With you its like talking to a brick wall... any1 told you that?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[SNUBS]
Players
1,225 posts
6,279 battles
43 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Meanwhile the same skill-level BB player is sitting 20km behind everyone else, so he won't die anytime soon. Nor does he really contribute to anything.

but thats the thing BB players survive no mather how useless they are WAY more then DD players.

And even tho they survive in a bad way like sniping. they still keep the teams points active and might randomly kill something.

DD's instantly lose you points by dying plus the enemy gets a massive spotting advantage.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
2,586 posts
7,057 battles
4 minutes ago, lameoll said:

but thats the thing BB players survive no mather how useless they are WAY more then DD players.

And even tho they survive in a bad way like sniping. they still keep the teams points active and might randomly kill something.

DD's instantly lose you points by dying plus the enemy gets a massive spotting advantage.

This. Once team looses its DDs its over. Then even BBs have no other option than to flee, cruisers get wiped out (cause the enemy BBs can push without fear) and the jinga tower collapses very fast. And I am seein a lot of this lately.

• Cool 1