Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Fed up

29 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,135 battles

Fed up of players that think they should go as a group in standard battle to attack the oppositions base, they never learn and probably never will that if the opposition control there base they will NEVER get it as they have left the own base lightly defended and will always lose :Smile_sad::Smile_sad:

• Funny 2

[TTT]
Players
3,616 posts
7,459 battles
32 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Fed up of players that think they should go as a group in standard battle to attack the oppositions base, they never learn and probably never will that if the opposition control there base they will NEVER get it as they have left the own base lightly defended and will always lose :Smile_sad::Smile_sad:

and now imagine if everyone agreed with you and nobody ever did anything in standard battles. sounds exciting, right? :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 6

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,166 battles

This is the first time I've seen someone complain that their team was actually playing the objective.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is not really the objective....

Not really against it either

Players
404 posts
5,849 battles

I like it more when 2/3rds of the team picks a square equidistant from the 2 bases and defends that to the death for the whole game.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Players
1,657 posts
11,443 battles

Since you seem to have the tactical solution all figured out. Please do enlighten us on how a team should play in a standard battle.

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
483 posts
8,564 battles

Lost a game that should have been a win yesterday because of base defense. All remaining enemies were in their own cap in ants nest formation. Our base defense took too long to decide to join the attack, so the attackers went one by one into superior opposition numbers. But hey, that can happen in domination too. True Lemmings vs The Herd.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,972 posts
5,450 battles

What game are you talking about @Cyclops_ ? Surely ain't WoWS.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
414 posts
2,700 battles

I rather play aggressive with the team dictating the game then being passive. Note that it only works when the team back ups the aggressive tactic play. In most cases they won't. 
Yesterday my team chose to be passive, like ignoring caps. Reds got confident and threw their ships in the late game and gave us an not so deserved win. WE WON WITHOUT EVER GETTING A CAP. But then again the enemy was just brain dead not capitalizing on their point lead. 

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
331 posts
15,370 battles
10 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and now imagine if everyone agreed with you and nobody ever did anything in standard battles. sounds exciting, right? :Smile_sceptic:

i think OP has a point though..i have meet teams(mostly medium tiers) that from the start in standard battle they agree to go all togeather one side like lemming train to enemies.the enemie team split as usuall so the one team cut their atack and the other they easily cap their base with no or minimum resistance.. and ofcourse all of the leaming train team is far away to defend their base and its a lose even if they have killed the most enemies as they dont have the time to come back..I Think too that stick all togeather in standard battles is a wrong tactic

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,135 battles
4 hours ago, Linkaex said:

I rather play aggressive with the team dictating the game then being passive. Note that it only works when the team back ups the aggressive tactic play. In most cases they won't. 
Yesterday my team chose to be passive, like ignoring caps. Reds got confident and threw their ships in the late game and gave us an not so deserved win. WE WON WITHOUT EVER GETTING A CAP. But then again the enemy was just brain dead not capitalizing on their point lead. 

Not talking about domination, but Standard Battle, totally differant play style.

4 hours ago, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

i think OP has a point though..i have meet teams that from the start in standard battle they agree to go all togeather one side like lemming train to enemies.the enemie team split as usuall so the one team cut their atack and the other they easily cap our base with no or minimum resistance.. and ofcourse all of the leaming train team is far away to defend their base and its a lose as they dont have the time to come back..I Think too that stick all togeather in standard battles is a wrong tactic

Spot on fella :cap_like:

6 hours ago, Armorin said:

Lost a game that should have been a win yesterday because of base defense. All remaining enemies were in their own cap in ants nest formation. Our base defense took too long to decide to join the attack, so the attackers went one by one into superior opposition numbers. But hey, that can happen in domination too. True Lemmings vs The Herd.

Then you should not have attacked them, back off and send the DD to torp the Base or bait them to come out.

Players
390 posts
8,555 battles
11 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Fed up of players that think they should go as a group in standard battle to attack the oppositions base

Just WOW!

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
483 posts
8,564 battles
Just now, Cyclops_ said:

Then you should not have attacked them, back off and send the DD to torp the Base or bait them to come out.

I don't captain 12 ships in one game.

Players
76 posts
3,156 battles

The bigger problem is not capping or refusing to cap, it's knowing when and where to push and when to return to the base and not push.

People don't use the minimap or overall awareness - it took me longer than I'd like to admit to realise that I could change the transparency of the minimap so I could see through it so I could max it out.  Tunnel visioning and chasing ships that are retreating is a problem, especially when they lead you into an ambush...

Had a great game recently which we won by capping (was low on HP) but we took the cap after clearing our flank and the other flank was not in any immediate danger of falling.  Had another great game where the team agreed to hold back but keep vision control (T8 DD in a T10 game so I kept with the plan).  The reds pushed into our left flank one by one and got picked off one at a time.  Their poor Yam got rewarded for pushing by eating 2 spreads of torps from behind an island.  The rest of the team supported a slow push down the right flank, led by our T10 DDs which only got to a max of 3/4 down the map before we won.

This is not me claiming to be a good player - I'm not - I do realise that one thing I do need to learn better is positioning and how to read the game as it unfolds round about me (also to learn each ship better and be patient and not say "stuff it" and yolo when I feel the game is lost already!)

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
19 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Which is why Standard Battles should be removed from the game. It's a mode where the winning strategy is to set up defensively and camp hard - trying to do something is a tactical error. Sure it's not insurmountable. If you're better, you can push and be successful - and there are plenty other mistakes that the enemy can make to squander the advantage of being on the defense. But if both teams otherwise play equally well but one decides to push and the other to defend? The active side just loses.

• Bad 1

[GS-RO]
Players
3 posts

I personally think it's a fault with the game setup. Rather than cap each others Base, the game objective should be defence for 1 team, and attack for another.

This may require some in game balancing, but at least then there is a clear objective rather than people doing half half

In addition: I find it ridiculous when someone states to stay in the Base and defend. I'd love to get a game where 2 teams camp in their own Base and do absolutely nothing for 15mins. They would get what they deserved

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles
21 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Which is why Standard Battles should be removed from the game.

Nope... rather remove Epeencenter..

The trick for Standard is not to hug your cap, but to advance carefully, being ready to pull back on the side where the enemy is more present and then push on the other.

It's a quite simple tactic, yet it is to much for too many players, especially all those BaBBies who expect DDs and cruisers to think for them...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
404 posts
5,849 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Nope... rather remove Epeencenter..

The trick for Standard is not to hug your cap, but to advance carefully, being ready to pull back on the side where the enemy is more present and then push on the other.

It's a quite simple tactic, yet it is to much for too many players, especially all those BaBBies who expect DDs and cruisers to think for them...

I still want epicenter on 2 brothers and shattered, but the other ones can go. We need a couple WTF maps just for fun, as this game takes itself far too seriously.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles
1 hour ago, That_Other_Nid said:

I still want epicenter on 2 brothers and shattered, but the other ones can go. We need a couple WTF maps just for fun, as this game takes itself far too seriously.

I agree with Epeencenter being great for Two Brothers. Would surely be hilarious to see what happens there :cap_haloween:

The only other map I'd love to see it on would be Ocean though... but then for all ships (with fitting map sizes) from T2 on up... :cap_rambo:

Though getting Epeencenter on Pig Race when I go sealclubbing refreshing my skills on my T4/5 ships is often nice... so many people without a clue how to win that mode on the low tiers...

Sign in to follow this