Sign in to follow this  
orlathebeast

how to Roma

12 comments in this topic

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
561 posts
5,989 battles

so... the ROMA. pride of the Regia Marina. pride of the Kingdom of Italy.

Spoiler

and probably the most depressing tier 8 to paly.

why depressing, may you ask. for a lot of reasons.

the guns. well probably we can stop here right? if the guns of a ship are bad, the whole ship is bad. for many of us probably

not exactly THE guns. the guns are... simply the best 380 around, performance speaking. they have an incredibly hig penetration, and the fastest shell in the tier.

but the good ends here. they have a pityfull range... 18km. wich is not the problem. the problem is, who you hit notthing at that range. with 240m dispersion (with the accuracy module!) they are simply the most inaccurate guns of the class. not of the tier, i mean, all the class. in all the game. well yes, maby some low tier microbotes have worse dispersion, but they barely counts. the fact is who you simply can't count on these guns.

well yes, but you at the end can hit something. of curse. but 80% of the times will be an overpen, because the penetration is so absurdly high who you will pass trough a full broadside betl armor of ANY BB of the game. not allways, but happens often.

ho, and wanna know a thing? forget the cittadels. you will never score a cittadel if not for pure luck. you will be able to citadell a kurfust broadside at 10 km... and the next 10 salvoes will deal him 6k each, if you are lucky.

really. there is no reason to play this ship. unless you want to park on a cap point and tank 3 milions damage at game. it's the only thing who you can do, because you can't deal damage, you are not a treat for the enemy team.

now, this is not a silver ship. you PAY for it. i'm not asking for a total OP ship, i don't want a OP ship

Spoiler

even if the meta now is to relase ship allways more strong then than the predecessors so the powerkreep only increase but still)

but i want a competitive ship. and this thing simply it's not competitive, an NC, ALABAMA, MASS, AMAGI, basically ALL the tier 8 BBs are better.

or maby i'm just crying without reason. i wanna hear an other bell, if you know what i mean. someone like the roma? or you want, like me, the money back?

Alpha Tester
1,596 posts
794 battles
13 minutes ago, orlathebeast said:

and this thing simply it's not competitive, an NC, ALABAMA, MASS, AMAGI, basically ALL the tier 8 BBs are better.

Stacked up against the other Tier VIII BBs, Roma seems to be performing perfectly adequately in winrate, damage, experience etc.

BCXg9.png

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
561 posts
5,989 battles
12 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

Stacked up against the other Tier VIII BBs, Roma seems to be performing perfectly adequately in winrate, damage, experience etc.

BCXg9.png

yeah. this because the player base has an average skill and the survivability it's crucial to allow you to deal A BIT more damage before going down. but francly, would you rater picking a roma or an NC if you want to influence the battle?

Alpha Tester
1,596 posts
794 battles
3 minutes ago, orlathebeast said:

yeah. this because the player base has an average skill and the survivability it's crucial to allow you to deal A BIT more damage before going down. but francly, would you rater picking a roma or an NC if you want to influence the battle?

Roma is winning more games, doing more damage and killing more than it's dying when compared to the North Carolina. I don't know where you're getting the idea that NC has more influence over a battle than Roma from looking at that image.

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
561 posts
5,989 battles
1 minute ago, zFireWyvern said:

Roma is winning more games, doing more damage and killing more than it's dying when compared to the North Carolina. I don't know where you're getting the idea that NC has more influence over a battle than Roma from looking at that image.

because stats are not everithing. there are ships with bad stats who can absolutelly dominate in the right hands. and other ships, like the roma, who can allow the average joe to be a bit better than the usual but who dosen't offer much more for the capable player. and i don't want an average joe ship.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,569 posts
9,107 battles
8 minutes ago, orlathebeast said:

Roma can weave in and out of detection, all while tanking return fire like a boss, something the NC can't even hope to do.

That's it's real strength.

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
561 posts
5,989 battles
2 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Roma can weave in and out of detection, all while tanking return fire like a boss, something the NC can't even hope to do.

well no. the NC has a really good concealment. if you stay 2 km more far it will work fine as the roma, but you have waaaay better guns in return.

Players
1,576 posts
3,385 battles

1. spec her for the concealment - for me bread and butter of her existence

2. fire in salvos - to fully utilize that concealment (popping in and out of detection)

3. keep your enemies within those 18 - 11 km and make sure nothing is closer

4. make battleships your primary target - they are bigger therefore your damage is more consistent and your AP has insane penetration values - you will pen more than overpen and can citadel when you dont even expect that...shooting cruisers is the real lottery. but especially those without armor you will just overpen most of the time

5. pray for no CVs

i think shes more demanding on situational awareness and good positiong than other BBs

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,967 posts
5,449 battles

Maybe ask Flamu since you're in the same clan. You'll get better advice from him. He made good comments about this ship. 

Can only say that I love this ship and that I followed Flamu's advice for a build and gameplay. 

Weekend Tester
248 posts
8,763 battles
11 hours ago, puxflacet said:

spec her for the concealment - for me bread and butter of her existence

11 hours ago, puxflacet said:

3. keep your enemies within those 18 - 11 km and make sure nothing is closer

This thing is what is terrible about this ship; not counting the CV case concealment is usefull only if enemy dd on your sector dies fast  and your stays alive, so we can consider that is a 50% probability that your best thing can be countered by the mere existence of a ship (that's the dd job), depending on teamates to use your selling point is not consistent and a factor that makes you demoralized in the first couple of minutes

And i hope that with Cv and AA rework something changes, because being one shotted by Hiryuus/Kagas /Shokakus /GZ (AP or torps is the same)/ Enterprise/ Tahio/ Essex/ Haka/ Midway is a certainty (even other BBs are in the same spot but a German/Amagi BB speccd AA are able to sustain a Hiryuu/Lexington/ Ranger)

Guns wise I have unlocked Richelieu today and still dont have monarch, so i prefer to wait for a comparison

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,889 posts
11,299 battles
On 9/29/2018 at 6:31 PM, Exocet6951 said:

This is basically Roma.

You outlast everyone and at some point RNGesus will reward you.

Players
1,369 posts
6,125 battles

Roma is one of those ships i don't fear what-so-ever.  I can normally tell that a Roma is shooting at me as i can see splashes in the water.

That about sums it up for me. :cap_tea:

But my god is she a looker :cap_horn:

Sign in to follow this