You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Procrastes

Do you want a coal / free xp destroyer?

Do you want a free xp / coal destroyer?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a free xp / coal destroyer?

• Yes, I want a free xp destroyer!
    • Yes, I want a coal destroyer!
    • I want them both!
    • I don't want either.
    • I don't care.

45 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,814 posts
2,036 battles

Everyone and their uncles are up and about with fun and engaging discussions about Salem and Krohnshtadt and Alaska and a bunch of other ships that are available for free xp or coal. While I do not in any way begrudge anyone their new cruisers and battleships, I for one would really like to see some new destroyers made available for coal or free xp. Since I am not really good enough to reliably pull my weight in higher tiers, I would be most interested in new destroyer designs at middle tiers or below, but I would by no means say no to - for instance - a nice little tier IX destroyer for the usual 750 000 free exp. And if WG would make a couple of tier X destroyers available for the requisite amount of coal, I wouldn't mind that either.

Now I'm completely with those of you who think that progress up the tiers should be taken at a measured pace. I am not looking for this as a way to skip the tiers. But since there are a bunch of ships coming out for coal and free xp already, I can't help but notice that none of these - so far - are destroyers. Why is that? Wouldn't it be fun to have some nice destroyer designs to spend coal and free xp on, as well? And if so, what tiers, nationalities and special gimmicks are we looking for?

For once, I'm not going to be the first to vote on my own poll. Instead, I'll wait to see what you all think about this!

• Cool 6

Players
370 posts
2,775 battles

Perhaps some mid-tier DD's for free XP, ones with an interesting history - probably lots of RN destroyers that could fill this niche. After all, mid tiers are where the most fun games are had (at least for me), so they might sell better than, say, a free XP IJN DD that get lit up by radar all the time.

• Cool 2

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

I voted both, because first of all it would make sence, we have fxp BB's and Cruisers, so a DD is the logical next step. 

Add to that as was beforementioned, you have many historically famous DD's and some quirky/one offs that makes choice plentyfull. 

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,893 posts
11,303 battles

You can already get the Campbeltown and that French thing for coal :cap_book:

But yes a proper FXP or Coal DD that's actually good would be nice...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
3,608 posts
7,459 battles

both, or at least one of the two would be nice... so far, we've only got Battleships (and Battleships in weird disguises), with more of the same on the way (Jean Bart, Alaska, Bourgogne - at least one or two of these will be coal or freeXP I reckon)

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,774 battles

Yes to either, as long as it's a proper, honest-to-Gaben torpedo-carrier that gets by on cracking keels. Not just another gun-oriented ship like nearly every god**** thing in the game.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,166 battles

Considering how all other free exp ships turned out, a free exp DD will probably look like this:

Spoiler

__kantai_collection_drawn_by_ishii_hisao

• Funny 17

[DREAD]
Players
4,571 posts
4,788 battles

How about a “Spähkreuzer”? That could be a nice T9 DD and would be BBish enough to catch WG’s attention...

• Funny 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,782 posts
22,478 battles

USS_Samuel_B._Roberts_(DE-413).jpg

Samuel B Roberts as a T-V armed with Fletcher torpedoes and guns, maybe spice it up a little with adding the possibility to get Torpedo tube modification 3 upgrade.

Players
790 posts
6,871 battles

Yeah of course FreeXP/Coal ships should include DD and CV also.

1 hour ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

no i dont , better cv

I've been toying with the idea of Shinano as T9 gift premium -- following a hopefully successful CV rework.

It was a balancing nightmare in the old system, because the air group was so small. But it's a non-issue with the reworked mechanics, and it was actually designed to run the same planes as the Taiho's running. So a perfect, unique ship for T9.

• Cool 1

Players
761 posts
6,661 battles

That French DD we had on the original Dynamo mission would be quite a nice Tier V addition for Coal - Cyclone, wasn't it?

For Free XP I'd like a US Bagley class destroyer like Ralph Talbot at Tier VII - VIII. 16 Torpedo Tubes. Hilarity ensues. 

• Cool 3

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,965 battles

But, there already are coal DDs...

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,251 posts
8,096 battles

Voted for Free XP destroyer. :Smile_honoring:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,337 posts
12,571 battles
1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

363balch_01.jpg

USS_Allen_M_Sumner_(DD-692)_in_1959.jpg

Both. Porter and Allen M Sumner would be 2 candidates

This^^ 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,893 posts
11,303 battles
1 hour ago, evergroy_lows said:

U forgot to add fxp CV mate #cvlivesmatter

I vote they add GZ as an FXP ship the day before the rework goes live.

The confusion and salt would be really something to watch :cap_horn:

• Funny 1

[SWTP]
Players
280 posts
5,692 battles

Yes. I want proper torpedo focused stealth ninja with good guns for self-defence.  At least as OP as the other free XP T9s are.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
88 posts
5,283 battles
5 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I vote they add GZ as an FXP ship the day before the rework goes live.

or let the Graf be gold one and put Weser for coal :3