Sign in to follow this  
Vilodrom

CV Problems I have

3 comments in this topic

Players
18 posts
463 battles

so it's me and another CV. I am langley and they are also a T4 CV. My Gunner squadron vs theirs, and eVeRy tImE, their gunners always win, leaving my gunners dead. Then they place their gunner above my ship keeping my torp and dive bombers hostage. Why do they always beat me with their guns?? I've upgraded the fighter jets already, but still they had all their gunner jets left and I had all mine killed. How???

[T_D_G]
Players
38 posts
4,303 battles

Hi captain, first, when you're making a dogfight, are you near you're fleet or the ennemy one ? the ship AA can turn a dogfight into a turkey hunt ;) but its also a bit of RNG value, the first one who lose a plane is in trouble.

Players
730 posts
11,481 battles

Well, blackgun34 has already stated one factor that affects low tier CVs (making use of friendly AA to improve your chances of winning a dogfight). There's a couple of other elements that can further strengthen your fighters: upgrades (although for Langley that's limited to Air Groups Mod. 1) and captain skills. As for the latter, the recommended basic ones are Dogfighting Expert, Aircraft Servicing Expert, Torpedo Acceleration, Torpedo Armament Expertise and Air Supremacy, the first and last ones in particular for your troublings. Those are unlocked and available from account levels 6 and 7 and up, respectively.

Salute.

Sign in to follow this