Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Premium Shop: No Commemorative Flags for sale?

47 comments in this topic

Players
548 posts

I have always found it to be quite strange that WG does not offer any commemorative flags for sale?

I am the kind of player that likes to enhance the historical accuracy of a ship, in all ways including the flags it is flying.

For e.g. all my french bbs only fly french commemorative flags, german bbs german flags etc.

But not enough flags are received through normal means to give me the kind of variety Im looking for.

For e.g. my Roma is an axis bb thus I fly a german flag on it to reflect that, although I would much rather have an italian one. I know lots of these flags exist but there just out of reach because they are no longer available.

We already have signal flag bundles, so can we get commemorative flag bundles too.

I would pay silly money for the right flags.

I know there is a demand for them, so why dont WG sell em....

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,573 posts
5,790 battles

Good question especially considering so many premium ships where sold first time without such flags.

For instance i would like to have this tirpitz flag.

flags-new-0-6-12.png?w=656

or this kronshtadt flag

flags-new-0-7-2-0.png?w=656

[BYOB]
Players
2,704 posts
9,861 battles

Would love to get flags at least for the fXP ships through ingame missions for them... Why is there a Kronshtadt flag and a Nelson flag if these ships have never been offered in the shop?

In fact the only fXP ship that doesn't have a unique flag is the Missouri.

I'm also not averse to seeing shop bundles with ship flags with extra goodies.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,573 posts
5,790 battles

@MrConway

What is planned for these flags ?

I would not mind dropping dubloons for more decorative flags like the tirpitz one. 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,223 posts
11,314 battles

Hey guys!

I'll check whether there are any plans for com. flags to be added for ships that don't have them yet - usually they were part of the Admiral's package for ship sales.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 4

[NBS]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
7 posts
7,692 battles
5 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Hey guys!

I'll check whether there are any plans for com. flags to be added for ships that don't have them yet - usually they were part of the Admiral's package for ship sales.

Greetings, Crysantos

Hi Crysantos, thanks a lot for this action! Hopefully there will be some flags coming into the shop, where I didn`t bought the Admiral`s package. :)

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,573 posts
5,790 battles
4 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Hey guys!

Greetings, Crysantos

Great but just FYI a lot of flags where not available the first time a ship was put on sale.

For instance warspite and campbeltown went on sale at one point in a bundle with the jutland flag so anyone who already had one or both ships was forced to buy them again to get that flag.

Or Indianapolis that later had a mission for its flag.

Some ships never even had a way to get the flag for them like Kronshtadt or that neat Tirpitz flag.

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
1,889 posts
On 2-10-2018 at 10:12 AM, Crysantos said:

flags to be added for ships that don't have them yet - usually they were part of the Admiral's package for ship sales.

And what about ships that were never available in admiral-packages? Like the FXP ones?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,223 posts
11,314 battles
8 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

And what about ships that were never available in admiral-packages? Like the FXP ones?

That is exactly what I'm going to check, but the answer might take a bit - just fyi :)

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
1,889 posts

Excellent! Vielen dank!

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,573 posts
5,790 battles

I see the dunkerque also has a commemorative flag now that was not there for the first people who bought it.

• Angry 1

[KOTS]
[KOTS]
Players
8 posts
4,851 battles

it would be nice if you could buy flags like these ingame for doubloons or something

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,223 posts
11,314 battles
On 10/22/2018 at 11:59 PM, piet11111 said:

@Crysantos

Have you heard anything yet?

We've forwarded it and our Devs are thinking about it - once I have more info (it'll take a bit), I'll give you an update.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,891 posts
2,152 battles
On 10/15/2018 at 3:10 AM, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

@MrConway Any updates on this sir? Its not fair that we have to rebuy ships in order to get the flags...

I was sure I posted here last week, but must not have pushed the post button. :/

If you would like to help us with looking into this, could you let us know which ships apart from the Dunkerque were affected by such a late flag addition? That would help me immensely in figuring out what/if we can do :)

• Cool 1

Players
548 posts
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

I was sure I posted here last week, but must not have pushed the post button. :/

If you would like to help us with looking into this, could you let us know which ships apart from the Dunkerque were affected by such a late flag addition? That would help me immensely in figuring out what/if we can do :)

You have to remember @MrConway its not just about late flag additions or missing out on the flags because they were sold in bundles years before we even played the game hence buying the ships meant we didn't get the flags.

It is also about the fact that people who play this game like to make the game as historically accurate as possible, primarily in the presentation of their ship on the battle field and a flag is a important component of that. for e.g. a Musashi would never fly a US Commemorative flag or a Konig would never be seen flying the Battle of Jutland flag but they will if those are the only flags they have to fly. Captains like me want commemorative flags on our ships that reflect the ships history, it gives you a sense of empowerment!

Note also, currently there is a disproportionate number of commemorative flags available to players and to be honest most are Allied bias, then are not many flags for axis ships.

Thus I propose that all "ship specific" and "nation related" commemorative flags should be available to all players to purchase, for whatever ship they want to "bling" out. You can even make new flags for different ships and sell em in bundles. Such a commodity is incredibly easy to monetize and distribute.

For those who bought ships but did not receive flags, should be given them free!?

I have compiled a basic list of the kinda flags we are missing ingame, it is not a complete list but will give you some idea as to what we are missing and want to see:

n.b. flags with names are ship / collection specific

image.thumb.png.043b21901d83cbf38641750f767e5a28.png

PCEE084_Alabama.pngAlabama Flag

More Here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flags#List_of_Ship_Flags

• Cool 3

[NED]
Players
1,573 posts
5,790 battles

disclaimer because some ships have been released so long ago i can not claim 100% accuracy if they where included in a bundle or not.

Commemorative flags that exist but where never handed out.

- Tirpitz

- Kronshtadt

- Duke of York

- Salem (not sure if it comes with the flag or not i do not have salem yet)

- Mushashi

- HMS Nelson

- HMS Iron duke (if you got the mission to unlock it prior to the line release you got this flag not sure if available by other means)

- Stalingrad (do not have this ship either no unsure whether it comes with a flag)

Premiums that have flags but not upon original release

- Prinz eugen (ink blot flag might have been a bundle flag not sure)

- Dunkerque

- Indianapolis (made available through a mission at a later stage for a while)

- De grasse (unsure if it might have had a bundle flag)

-Special event flags that look cool but never given out

- Soviet victory day flag

victory-day.png

I undoubtedly missed flags but i have to resort to 3rd party websites to find which flags exist so i tried.

• Cool 1

Players
548 posts
5 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

disclaimer because some ships have been released so long ago i can not claim 100% accuracy if they where included in a bundle or not.

Commemorative flags that exist but where never handed out.

- Tirpitz

- Kronshtadt

- Duke of York

- Salem (not sure if it comes with the flag or not i do not have salem yet)

- Mushashi

- HMS Nelson

- HMS Iron duke (if you got the mission to unlock it prior to the line release you got this flag not sure if available by other means)

- Stalingrad (do not have this ship either no unsure whether it comes with a flag)

Premiums that have flags but not upon original release

- Prinz eugen (ink blot flag might have been a bundle flag not sure)

- Dunkerque

- Indianapolis (made available through a mission at a later stage for a while)

- De grasse (unsure if it might have had a bundle flag)

-Special event flags that look cool but never given out

- Soviet victory day flag

victory-day.png

I undoubtedly missed flags but i have to resort to 3rd party websites to find which flags exist so i tried.

This can help: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flags#List_of_Ship_Flags

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this