Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nautical_Metaphor

What's up with all the people without camos?

14 comments in this topic

Question

Players
845 posts
7,653 battles

For a week or two, I seem to notice lots and lots of people in mid and even high tier games driving around without camos.

What's up with that?

Now my mod pack has been acting up for about that long, so i triple checked, but unless something is completely screwed there, I shoulnd't have a mod installed that hides any camos.

13 answers to this question

Players
390 posts
5,749 battles
6 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

For a week or two, I seem to notice lots and lots of people in mid and even high tier games driving around without camos.

What's up with that?

Now my mod pack has been acting up for about that long, so i triple checked, but unless something is completely screwed there, I shoulnd't have a mod installed that hides any camos.

A lot of people are grinding and going straight from game to game, so if they run out of cammo they end up driving about naked.

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

Do you use some port filters?

If you disable in port lets say the anime ships, then the affected ships will be shown in their plain standard hull without any camo. You would see a grey Myoko insteat of the bright coloured ARP ones.

Same applies for all other ship filters.

Beta Tester
715 posts
10,358 battles
7 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

What's up with that?

Since when did wearing a camo became a nesessity?

And why does it bother you THAT much?

[10GO]
Players
972 posts
10,467 battles
1 minute ago, Azalgor said:

Since when did wearing a camo became a nesessity?

And why does it bother you THAT much?

Since its giving you concealment bonus etc... do you really want to put yourself into disadvantage by not using camo?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
715 posts
10,358 battles
2 hours ago, GrumpyRolf said:

Since its giving you concealment bonus etc... do you really want to put yourself into disadvantage by not using camo?

So? There are more disadvantages you can get simply by starting a game than not wearing a camo, doesnt make any significant difference what so ever, so i dont see a big fuss that its sudenly a big issue for opening a topic.

Id personaly dich all the camos since they are ugly as hell, so maybe someone doesnt like to sail a pink/green ship and prefers its historic gray apearance, nor wants to spend money for premium ones?

[10GO]
Players
972 posts
10,467 battles
52 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

So? There are more disadvantages you can get simply by starting a game than not wearing a camo, doesnt make any significant difference what so ever, so i dont see a big fuss that its sudenly a big issue for opening a topic.

Id personaly dich all the camos since they are ugly as hell, so maybe someone doesnt like to sail a pink/green ship and prefers its historic gray apearance, nor wants to spend money for premium ones?

It does make diffrence and a big one, when you have DD's with no camo they are in spotting disadvantage and they just die within first minutes of the game.

There are tons of mods to change camos appereance so use them if you dont like camos in game. Playing wihtout camo is simply stupid.

Beta Tester
715 posts
10,358 battles
38 minutes ago, GrumpyRolf said:

are in spotting disadvantage and they just die within first minutes of the game.

Most of them die within that time spawn regardless...

39 minutes ago, GrumpyRolf said:

Playing wihtout camo is simply stupid.

Well, thats the majority of curent playerbase, and sadly, camos dont change the inteligent profile of a person.

Players
845 posts
7,653 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, Azalgor sagte:

So? There are more disadvantages you can get simply by starting a game than not wearing a camo, doesnt make any significant difference what so ever,

This is the guy who goes around the forum spouting things like "Don't try to do what Flamu's doing, his advice is all BS and his games are all rigged, if you try you'll be blowed up immediately" :Smile_teethhappy:

[HUN]
Players
68 posts
1,640 battles

What I'm more perplexed about is why so many players in co-op use expensive camos and all 8 flags.

[COSTS]
Players
13 posts
734 battles

Possibly because some of us noobs/potatoes players have run out of camos during a long grinding session. :Smile_child:

As for the fully-camo'd and flagged boats in Tier I-III Co-Op battles, it's how we noobs recognise the Seal Clubbers. :Smile_teethhappy:

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
318 posts
6,548 battles
2 hours ago, Greystreak said:

Possibly because some of us noobs/potatoes players have run out of camos during a long grinding session. :Smile_child:

But you can always mount the camo that costs credits.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this