Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tenacious_torps

quality of play and time of the day

35 comments in this topic

[HF_30]
Players
1,288 posts

Do you notice any significant difference? My impression is that nothing compares to the evening hours, roughly between 18:00 and 22:00. I feel lucky, if only half of the players are completely uselesser.

Beta Tester
3,671 posts
12,833 battles

I had the impression, that players were better during the daytime, alas this seems to have changed... potatoes all day long it seems...

• Cool 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,965 battles

right now the sheer amount of stupid i'm seeing is impressive. Too many match at tier 10 ends before the 10 min mark, some of them even before the 7th, today i saw all 3 of the dds in our side dead by the 17.50 secs mark (2.10  min into the game)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OSWEG]
Players
162 posts
3,264 battles

Evenings is when the game is completely unplayable. The games are way more onesided and the RNG always works completely against you. I can go from 90% winrate during the day and then 10% between 7 and 11ish.

[HMSR]
Players
1,630 posts
5,864 battles

I found it (my personall experiance at least) between midnight and 10am cet, is when good games happen since only wows diehards play, afternoon..thats offline time, again its just my observation on the matter and other users opinion may differ. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
265 posts
3,647 battles

day, night, weekend, weekday it doesn't matter. WG rewards selfishness.  Most of my teams have cowards who don't dare anger the reds by capping.  Im tired of tanking in a light cruiser because my team doesn't have a functioning [edited] between them

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,698 posts
13,138 battles
15 minutes ago, CraftyVeteran said:

Im tired of tanking in a light cruiser because my team doesn't have a functioning [edited] between them

Tanking in a cruiser?

That's cute.

Spoiler

UQO47DB.jpg

2NtSHN5.jpg

4KsuxAn.png

And to say this is far from rare is an understatement. The average player is so bad I can just regularly waltz into caps and take them in CVs.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Players
265 posts
3,647 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Tanking in a cruiser?

That's cute.

Hide contents

UQO47DB.jpg

2NtSHN5.jpg

4KsuxAn.png

And to say this is far from rare is an understatement. The average player is so bad I can just regularly waltz into caps and take them in CVs.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

really says a lot about the state of the game

Beta Tester
248 posts

if the mm and rng wants you to lose, you'll lose. it has very little to do with time of day.

Players
749 posts
6,653 battles

Don't have a good first game. If you do, the MM decides you'd enjoy being uptiered for the whole session and a downward trajectory into failure is assured.

[BS4]
Players
668 posts
4,905 battles

The General Player ability level of this Game has plummeted in the last few months.

I know this because I'm a  Below Average player and ive recently started to carry more and more games. When this happens you know something's not right.....

As for times of day I find the best times are between 12 pm and about 4 pm (non rush hr) where I seem to get some form of consistency and players who ad least communicate and are able to make effective decisions. After that anything up to 11pm is a waste of time, early morning used to be ok, now a waste of time...weekends well....you know the score.

I do honestly think that WG need to introduce SOMETHING to control the Plethora of Noobs at high tiers, Because if it does effect the overall likeability/playability of the game for established as well as new people and starts to effect numbers then surely this is justification enough.....But how to do it without effecting cash flow and the games economic viability....who knows.

Beta Tester
275 posts
3,384 battles

For me the best time is between 5 and 7, mostly because its the only time of the day I can play WoWs :D

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,693 battles

I'm a below average player finding myself needing to carry the team from time to time. That says allot. But I always try to communicate with the better skilled players on my team to increase the chance of winning. 

Yesterday was pretty bad tho. People throwing their ships in the first minutes of battle, half of the team dead just 5 min in to the game. :Smile-_tongue:

Players
250 posts
1,332 battles
23 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

The General Player ability level of this Game has plummeted in the last few months.

I know this because I'm a  Below Average player and ive recently started to carry more and more games. When this happens you know something's not right.....

I mean, I've noticed the same... But could we both just be improving? I'd like to think so :cap_yes:

Funnily enough I feel like I get more enjoyable games in the evenings and the weekends, but then I don't have as many battles as most here and mainly play at those times myself, so the 'sample', if I may take the liberty of using that word for something so unscientific, is rather skewed. Maybe [*idle speculation alert*] it has to do with my skill level not being up to the average of the weekday daytime crowd, but being good enough for the evenings and weekends.

Personally some of the stupidest play I've seen has come between school kicking-out time and work kicking-out time, on the odd occasion when I'm online then. Somehow, though, it doesn't bother me too much in small doses, which is what it usually is. They'll learn, I hope :Smile_smile:

23 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

I do honestly think that WG need to introduce SOMETHING to control the Plethora of Noobs at high tiers, Because if it does effect the overall likeability/playability of the game for established as well as new people and starts to effect numbers then surely this is justification enough.....But how to do it without effecting cash flow and the games economic viability....who knows.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: encouraging people to measure progress in terms of getting good at each tier rather than getting to T10 asap, would improve gameplay and many players' enjoyment of the game greatly, imho. How one goes about that, and makes it profitable for WG, is more difficult though..

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,974 posts
4,959 battles

Im sorry, started playing a bit before work during the day now, my bad.

Otherwise I play after midnight, again, sorry, my bad.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
13 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

Do you notice any significant difference? My impression is that nothing compares to the evening hours, roughly between 18:00 and 22:00. I feel lucky, if only half of the players are completely uselesser.

Best time is late night - 3-5 am.

Crazy MM, players from the very end of every possible spectrum, lot of 'weird and unexpected' you won't experience during a day.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles

Absolutely the low point is 18-22. Further amplified on Friday and Saturday.

After midnight it gets much better.

Beta Tester
1,809 posts
2,024 battles
1 hour ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Maybe it's not those others getting worse, but you getting better? :Smile_glasses:

Beta Tester
1,809 posts
2,024 battles
4 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

After midnight it gets much better.

Somewhere after midnight...

(or, Holding Out for a Cruiser)

Where have all the cruisers gone?
Their juicy citadels

Are disappearing from the seas. They must get back, or else
The scissors and the rocks fail, without a paper lead

Late at night I sit by my screen
And I dream of what I need

I need a cruiser
I'm holding out for a cruiser 'til the end of the night
She's gotta be strong
And she's gotta be fast
And she's gotta be willing to fight

I need a cruiser
I'm holding out for a cruiser, don’t care what ya think
She might be a Schors
Or she might be a Roon
But she's gotta be easy to sink!
Easy to sink

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere from the good old days
There's a cruiser reaching back for me
A cruiser with no smoke screen, and no torpedo tubes
It's gonna take a Pensacola captained by a noob

I need a cruiser
I’m holding out for a cruiser...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles

Between the hours of 0330-0815 GMT are my best games as a rule, players just seem more competent.

However today between 0800-1035 so far so good... for a weekend it isn't a bad start. 100% victories no defeats 3 kills every game and no deaths.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,906 posts
5,350 battles

I try to avoid playing weekends and evenings. Unless someone from our clan is bugging me for division, but that usually ends in rage after a couple of battles :cap_haloween:

Until couple of months ago, WoWs was pretty enjoyable earlier in the day, like till 16 CEST. Well, some point that changed, and you get garbage all the time, with super garbage on evenings and especially rotten tomatoes during the weekend :fish_book:

• Cool 1

Players
672 posts
7,943 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I try to avoid playing weekends and evenings. Unless someone from our clan is bugging me for division, but that usually ends in rage after a couple of battles :cap_haloween:

Until couple of months ago, WoWs was pretty enjoyable earlier in the day, like till 16 CEST. Well, some point that changed, and you get garbage all the time, with super garbage on evenings and especially rotten tomatoes during the weekend :fish_book:

Try early hours if you can they always seem better for me...

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Tanking in a cruiser?

That's cute.

Reveal hidden contents

UQO47DB.jpg

2NtSHN5.jpg

4KsuxAn.png

Not after the rework, my dear. Then the autopilot will steer it in any of these islands and be stuck there for the rest of the match.

Can't have those CVs kill and cap at the same time.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this