You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

How fast is your "Free XP" gathering?

61 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,875 posts
8,094 battles

Hi all,

How fast is your "Free XP" gathering?

After I checked my stats I saw that I had the following timeline:

• 03.06.2017. = "Missouri" = almost 2 years worth of acquiring the 750.000 "Free XP" - it was long long long grind
  • 21.10.2017. = "Nelson" = almost 5 months for 350.000 "Free XP"
  • 18.02.2018. = "Musashi" = less than 4 months for 750.000 "Free XP"
  • 09.06.2018. = "Kronshtadt" = less than 4 months for 750.000 "Free XP"
  • 28.09.2018. = Ready for "Alaska" = less than 4 months for 750.000 "Free XP"

The "Missouri" grind was hard... not many special signal flags at that time... "Nelson" was easier but after that I switched to "Premium" time and lots of signal flags become available... :Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
13,688 posts
10,389 battles

I own Missouri, Musashi Nelson and Kronsthadt and I got nearly 1.5 million free XP now.

I would say fast....

The premium camos help a lot.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles

Let's just say WG could introduce Wichita, Vanguard, Alaska, Jean Bart and Bourgogne at the usual rates for free XP ships tomorrow and I'd still have free XP to spare.

Papa Papa, all the special signal flags and premium camouflages really add up fast.

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

Depending how mutch i play, but 15k per game is pretty regular with the new cammos/flags, if i take the time and stack right in a evning i can net around 160+k (when i actually get a free evning that is)

Missouri was the longest because special flags were verry scarse, Nelson, Mushisushi and Kronny, got them on the day of release and now am sitting on 800kfxp wating for Alaska. :Smile_honoring:

[_MIA_]
Players
2,955 posts
5,366 battles
Just now, aboomination said:

If I could stand the current ops I could easily gather 150-200k per evening...

Ye... this is so mad.

Imo WG is pushing this fast grinding stuff too far. Not only were you able to start faster into new lines (i.e. T5-8 RN DDs offered 4 free) but we are also getting crap tons of super Flags + Camos (well not so many of those, but they are much better than before)

If we go back 1-2 years, the +100% XP camos were pretty decent. Now its basicly garbage. ESCL and Zulu Hotel are basicly powercreeped by other flags, since the space is limited and they are worse than the rest. Might aswell remove Flag restrictions to speed it up even more + get more flags out of the game :cap_haloween:

Ppl who have all lines unlocked already are swimming in FreeXP - now WG is throwing out more and more ships that ppl can spent those FreeXP. They should rather stop handing out T8 ships from new lines and let ppl use the FreeXP on that IF they want to.

Getting constantly 10-30k FreeXP per battle is plain wrong imo.

ONtopic:

Well, i got Missouri and Nelson - then i took a couple of months break. Upon return, Kronshtadt was close to being released, so i did save the FreeXP and got her. Now im at 316k currently, but i used 272k on FDG to get GK (i just wont play that turd - 7 randoms were enough). So basicly i would have been close to Musashi if i wouldnt have used that. Not sure if i get her tho... First i was going to get her with Coal, but went with Salem instead.

And i dont really play that much. Most FreeXP is coming from farming Operations :cap_cool: Lets see what happens till i have 750k FreeXP saved up, and what im gonna do with Coal. Have 3 months anyway will i get another ship coupon. Might be that i have enough Steel for Flint then - who knows. Which would mean, Musashi will be held back even further...

Problem is for me Hightiers is so lame to play i stay away from it currently. So all the nice ships are rotting in port :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,875 posts
8,094 battles

Hi all,

18 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Yep... I made a lot from "Cherry Blossom" and "Dynamo"... you can get 15K+ "Free XP" per game (and 40K-50K "Elite Captain XP"as well)... :Smile_coin:

7 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Depending how mutch i play, but 15k per game is pretty regular with the new cammos/flags, if i take the time and stack right in a evning i can net around 160+k (when i actually get a free evning that is)

Missouri was the longest because special flags were verry scarse, Nelson, Mushisushi and Kronny, got them on the day of release and now am sitting on 800kfxp wating for Alaska. :Smile_honoring:

The main "problem" is how many "special flags" and cammos one can get and store for "Free XP" and "Elite Captain XP" farming... they are still scarce and not that easily obtainable for most players...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,158 posts
1,373 battles

Pretty fast, I worked out I had earned over 12k from just two games and one of those was with the Jervis which wasn't flagged up for it.

If I was really playing for it, especially with the Mo, I reckon I could do 10k plus per game with average performances. 

I only have Mo at the moment, but I don't play that much and had a break of about 6 months. But I have another 600k plus at the moment, so could get Nelson. 

Weekend Tester
605 posts

I put more importance on coal now as I think WG will want to rely on coal to control the more "interesting" (not op at all) premiums.

Free xp is just too cheap with all the bonuses.

[LOBUZ]
[LOBUZ]
Players
4,237 posts
15,549 battles

Over the last year I've averaged something around 400k per month. 700-800k in months when I use the stacked buffs more extensively.

Sitting on 4,4m ATM.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles

Oh god, don't ask....

I hardly ever have any free XP as I usually spend it on making sure I never play stock ships.

Having said that I am currently sitting on the (for me) lofty heights of around 180K because I have finally decided to try to save it and get the Nelson. Of course this means I now have to play a stock Lion all the while resisting the urge to free XP the modules on it.

It hasn't been helped by the fact that, as I realised recently, I never use Papa Papa signals so have accumulated about 850 of them.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,407 posts

No idea.

Quick enough to get all the current FreeXP ships and to be at 100k+ again at this very moment.

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles

Holy cow everyone is earning free xp like mad? That said, I’m grinding IJN BBs as my main line, and currently the highest tier, so I’m technically disadvantaged in every way :P. ( very few ops allow IJNs and bbs, my brother can be in every ops except dynamo once he gets his baltimore.) 

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,738 posts
9,874 battles

That depends on whether I'm actively pursuing a fXP target. In the game I follow the principle of conservation of resources, so I rarely use signals and camos beyond the standard bonuses.

On the other hand, when I have a target, I can earn insane amounts of XP in a short time. I remember grinding out the Missouri in a month, getting 400k fXP for the Kronshtadt in two weeks, or getting 500k normal experience to grind out 3 T9 ships to T10 in a few days. 

On a normal day I grab around 2k fXP.

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
6,077 battles

Operations + special flags is a very good way to horde free xp. Recently with operation Dynamo, I could easily get 10k+ free xp per match. Even with the other 'more difficult' scenarios, operations are still better than other game types in this aspect, since you can't win every random / rank battle, but on average getting 3+ stars win (which gives no less exp than a so so win in random) in operations is quite doable.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,407 posts
10 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

Holy cow everyone is earning free xp like mad? That said, I’m grinding IJN BBs as my main line, and currently the highest tier, so I’m technically disadvantaged in every way :P. ( very few ops allow IJNs and bbs, my brother can be in every ops except dynamo once he gets his baltimore.) 

Don't worry about it.

Early on I thought that grinding 750k for the Missouri would take me several yeary, as I only managed 150k in my first year of playing. As it turned out, it will become much faster later on, if you are able to make use of free premium days. On such days use all your XP and freeXP boni on your highest tier ships and keep playing. Even better if that is a weekend or week with +200 % on first victory bonus for ships.

A well played high tier round, or one of the operations, with all available boni as described above, can easily result in 10,000 free XP from a single match.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,901 posts
11,303 battles

Please save your flags and camos for weekend buffs. FXP is one of the only resources that get buffed from daily bonuses.

I've literally grinded out about 300k during that 200% week and I don't even play that much...

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,793 posts
22,486 battles

Saving my special flags and camo for next round of Cherry Blossom.. Currently sitting on 1.239.000 free xp. Already have Missouri, Nelson and Musashi... Waiting for Alaska and Jean Bart. Kronhstahdt don't interest me that much compared to the former two.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,626 posts
9,132 battles
1 hour ago, aboomination said:

This sounds about right. With just the old p2w signals and p2w time I was able to get 150-200 k a day, but if you use the new signals and camos + maybe even an p2w ship it should be doable in an  evening.

I'd say some power grinding and signals with p2w time gets one of those ships in a week - realistically speaking.

1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Getting constantly 10-30k FreeXP per battle is plain wrong imo.

However, if you dont do p2w .......

(randomly picked my second last pvp game)

Xru2Q1Q.png

This is a daily bonus on an ok (not amazing, not deplorable) 1900 base-xp game without p2w time but probably a camo and Papa Papa - which you dont have in endless supply if you are not a wallet warrior.

Co-op is ofc even more miserable -> 30-50 free xp per game roughly.

So thats about how much "sped" up stuff is depending on how much you are willing to go wild on the p2w. So please, WG,  cut the bullshít about those ships being free for anyone. Its the same like with Stalingrad, yes technically free - true, but FACTUALLY and in practise you tend to find them with those throwing money instead of barbed-wire coated bricks at WG, dont you? Sort of a kick-back or free bonus from WG for them in reality .......

I have Missouri and to a lesser degree Nelson only for the very reason that I farmed the old Narai with free p2w time; still even me acc reeks with p2w .........

Previously the time dilatation between dirty peasant and p2w was roughly 1:10 - WG cranking up the p2w and this stuff being multiplicative had led to this more going towards a 1:50 I think. Enjoy breaking even ~ 2070 with "just putting more time in" if somebody used his wallet extensively this year. Who knows, they might be actually considering realising the BB AP fix by then!?:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,955 posts
5,366 battles
3 minutes ago, havaduck said:

However, if you dont do p2w .......

Never bought anything from WG :Smile_trollface: With the recent 200% i "bought" 3 days premium for doubloons for the first time - which i got by playing 4 free.

I just try to stack flags on guaranteed games - Operations for example. Played a couple of randoms with the +200% daily win, which did net me a lot of freeXP / elite Commander XP. But overall i try to use em on Operations more often. If its an "easy farmable" one. If you are guaranteed 5 stars with 2k+ base XP, then its already good enough. Better to use flags in shitty randoms where your team might fail miserably - several times in a row :cap_fainting:

I do 10k FreeXP in Dynamo without Premium but daily win + US Camo + all the super flags / papapapa.

7 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Co-op is ofc even more miserable -> 30-50 free xp per game roughly.

I tried all flags + good camo + 200% daily win bonus + Premium acc once with FDG (because i wanted to FreeXP that sucker anyway) and got like 9k XP + ~7k FreeXP, which could be considered worthwhile.

But on 50% daily win bonus without premium i wouldnt do it.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,068 battles

Depends on tier / ship I am playing.

Being one that finds T10 kinda boring, plus on average I play couple of games per day ... its going slow.

Plus I never sail stock ships ... I spend large amount of FXP on vital modules (mostly hulls).

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles

Well....I first got myself the Missery

After that I kind of slowed down till I got back to 300k free xp by using papa papa flags on all my ships because I just had too many of those flags till I got to about 500k. That was 3 weeks ago. Since then I've gotten another 350k free xp by using premium, +200%xp first win and all of my best flags. The only problem is that I'm quickly running out of those. It should slow down again after I reach about 950k-1m free xp I think.

Players
790 posts
6,871 battles

Over half a million in Operation Dynamo over the past week.

Special circumstances though, being able stack special signals -- which we just happened to get for 3rd anniversary -- and +100% FreeXP anniversary camos on the Sims.

"Normally" with maybe premium running and MAYBE a Papa Papa, it's a slow grind.

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

28.09.2018. = Ready for "Alaska" = less than 4 months for 750.000 "Free XP"

The "Missouri" grind was hard... not many special signal flags at that time... "Nelson" was easier but after that I switched to "Premium" time and lots of signal flags become available... :Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

Is there any confirmation that Alaska will be for free EXP?

Anyhow... For me this grind is going quite slow. Since I dont spend money on those premium containers which are easiest access to special signals, I dont have much of those in stock. But whenever I manage to get to 150-200k by that time I have goal to spend it on some other normal ship grind.

I only got Missouri btw. Not interested in Musashi as I have Yamato, Nelson? - Meh..  Kron - more or less the same answer. Only have now interest in Jean Bart as I do like combo of Richelieu and Alsace (mainly Richelieu ship but Alsace secondarys).