You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hedgehog_s

Upgrades and prem consumables

4 comments in this topic

Question

[-NO-]
Players
26 posts
4,131 battles

At what tier do you think upgrades and/or premium consumables should be a must have?? Im running these things on my premium ships and bits of them non other T5 and T6 - no T7s yet but should they be a standard thing to budget for at Tier 5 onwards ??

3 answers to this question

[POI--]
Players
3,180 posts
4,314 battles
Just now, hedgehog_s said:

At what tier do you think upgrades and/or premium consumables should be a must have?? Im running these things on my premium ships and bits of them non other T5 and T6 - no T7s yet but should they be a standard thing to budget for at Tier 5 onwards ??

Yes. Depends on what consumables and what upgrades.

e.g. premium damage control is already a great thing at T3, as smaller ships lose modules often and BBs get set on fire often. Premium repair party is also of immense value on every ship that has repair party. Meanwhile, catapult aircraft, hydro and defAA are less mandatory to take the premium version, if you are working on a tight budget. If you make good credits though, even those can be of the premium quality.

Modules, at lower tiers, modules are nice, but not too mandatory. For pure grind, you can forsake them. On keeper ships, I'd put them on. On T6+, I'd fit modules though, because they gain a lot of value. e.g. AA range mod is great at T6+, because defensive AA becomes a thing, so extending the disruptive bubble is way better than with lower tiers where you more rely on dodging autodrops and your catapult fighter. Also, at T6 you get rudder shift mod, damage control mod 2 or propulsion mod, all which have value for certain ship types. T8 brings concealment mod which is a must have. T9 brings another set of modules which are basically a must have. But by then, you should have sorted out your credit economy. Frankly, a T9 costs about 20 million credits to buy, 13 million for the ship, 7 million for the modules. Another 4-5 million for whatever upgrades you unlock with free exp.

Players
1 post
3,036 battles

They are hardly "a must" IMO, however they usually drastically improve the joy of playing with a particular ship and raise your chances for a good battle result. Personally, I am installing all the best for the particular ship in every possible slot since I grinded to Tier V. From Tier VI upwards they may oftenly be crucial, especially if you're just a regular player. Right now, I noticed there is a 50% reduction of their cost in credits, so it is very tempting to get as most as you can - later, when the promotion ends, you would be able to sell them without losing any credits ;)

BTW, I don't feel like I need to start a new thread for this small question, but I am interested to know - if I get option upgrade modules for a ship, to be able to exchange them in same slot when I fell like, would the (temporary) unmounted (but still available in inventory ones) be available to be used on other ships, having the same configuration options (for example, if I have one Tier X ship and get all the optional modules for it, would I be able to mount them to another ship, having the same options for upgrades later; not selling the ship, so no need to demount for doublons, just having the option to exchange same upgrade modules from the inventory between currently owned ships)?

[CATS]
Players
13,560 posts
10,366 battles

Depends on what you understand under "must have".

They give an advantage from Tier I on. I use them that way.

Upgrades start to get important from Tier V on.

I like Premium Consumables on my BB from Tier III on.

On all other ships I use them, because I got the Credits. I think I could manage without them Tier VI and below.