Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Exohoritis

Poll about new game content, features,ships and improvments. Vote!!!

Pleas pick no more than 3 options what would you like to see implemented in game (time priority)!  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Pleas pick no more than 3 options what would you like to see implemented in game (time priority)!

• Introduction of the Italian tech tree
    • Introduction of submarines in PvP
    • CV rework in general
    • Map rework and more new maps
    • Matchmaker and general balance tweaks
    • Client stability, port UI lag and performance improvements
    • Clan battles tweaks and more clan related features
    • A possible Pan European tech tree
    • New premium and reward ships (Alaska, Bourgogne, Terrible, Eitel Friedrich, etc.)
    • Grapihcs, sound and rendering rework
    • New PvE elements (CoOp, Operations, etc)
    • In battle weather conditions improvement (day-night, dynamic weather, etc)
    • New CV line in existing national tech tree (for example UK or German)
    • More official competitive tournaments
    • French DD line
    • Soviet BB line

33 comments in this topic

Players
390 posts
8,551 battles

Just out of curiosity I made this poll to see that would the majority of the player base see next implemented in the game. 

Also remind me if you have a good idea to add it to the list. Let the brainstorming begin!

Maybe if some from WG staff finds this constructive, could pin it for a couple of days.

@Crysantos, @MrConway

Thanks and Cheers

• Cool 4

[CAIN]
[CAIN]
Players
2,706 posts
10,505 battles

One important thing is missing: removal of CVs from PvP/ game. ^^

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster
3,631 posts
13,137 battles

I would really prefer some QoL and performance improvements over new content right now, might just be me ofc.

• Cool 4

[TTT]
Players
3,599 posts
7,459 battles
11 minutes ago, Takru said:

I would really prefer some QoL and performance improvements over new content right now, might just be me ofc.

seconded. First place in any list like that would always be an overhaul of the garbage port UI for me.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
621 posts
5,685 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

seconded. First place in any list like that would always be an overhaul of the garbage port UI for me.

Actually, thirded. The port UI has never been great but it's been better than it is now.

[DREAD]
Players
4,569 posts
4,788 battles

In general WG is doing a good job to keep me interested in the game. 

I think the biggest balancing issue is the CV class which is in the process of being tackled so I am hopeful this rework will work out.

Pumping out content only works to a degree so adding subs as a game changing mechanic is a daring but in my opinion good idea. It would change the inter class balance entirely but I think it is easily doable if done cautiously and not rushed. 

My biggest complaint is with some few very bad design decisions such as the idiot proof braindead retarded Royal Navy BBs. These ships need to be deleted from the game please they just suck.

The other being that the game is monotonous. Even if the graphics and so on are much better - Battlestations: Pacific easily beats this game in terms of game modes, variety, immersion and - to a degree - fun. Strange but true. Would be an idea to look left and right now other ppl are doing stuff to get some inspiration.

Apart from that I like the game and think the devs are doing a reasonable decent job.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,192 posts
4,334 battles

Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks Italians deserve priority. Sadly we'lll first see Soviet BalanseBotes before that. And likely a few other things few ever asked for. 

• Cool 2

Players
390 posts
8,551 battles
6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Good point. Added port UI to client stability option.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,695 battles

I hope we don't get subs in PVP.

Then as a DD you need to cap, contest cap, spot, fight off other DD's, watch out for radar and hunt subs in the progress. No thank you 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
6,933 posts
9,129 battles
22 minutes ago, Takru said:

10 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

9 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Actually, thirded. The port UI has never been great but it's been better than it is now.

Now you guys left me in a pickle, because I actually never had to try and found out what the correct form for the fourth entry in such a line were. Fourded? Fourth'd?

Anyway, this too.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TTT]
Players
3,599 posts
7,459 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

Now you guys left me in a pickle, because I actually never had to try and found out what the correct form for the fourth entry in such a line were. Fourded? Fourth'd?

Anyway, this too.

FourForksSaked?

Players
390 posts
8,551 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Anyway, this too.

4saken!

Btw, seems poor MM is leading the herd together with the Pizza Navy.

I prefer overhaul and improving the existing stuff over implementing new ones.

Players
251 posts
1,332 battles

Well I'm glad it's not just me and my potato PC that find the port UI buggy. It would also be nice to be able to customise the panels/menu on the left-hand side of the screen, I always think. I would probably put this kind of thing above new content, although I think it's high time for an Italian tech tree too.

Overall I think WG are doing a decent job with WOWS, I'm still having fun over a year later and like how there always seems to be more to learn and get good at. Just a shame I can't spend more time on it really. The Arsenal has, I think, also added a new and interesting dimension recently, providing more objectives beyond 'get the next ship'.

One thing I would add to the list would be the return of weekly rather than daily mission chains. The daily grind model, especially with the uniformity of the rewards every month, is getting a little tiresome already.

[TTT]
Players
3,599 posts
7,459 battles

I guess "ohhh shiny new things!" will usually attract more attention from customers than "well this is different and slightly better now I guess"..

• Cool 2

Players
251 posts
1,332 battles
4 minutes ago, Exohoritis said:

Btw, seems poor MM is leading the herd together with the Pizza Navy.

I wonder whether people are voting for MM changes or for balance changes, given that they're kinda lumped together here? It might also be interesting to see people's 3 lowest priorities are (changing MM would almost certainly be one of mine!).

[I401]
Beta Tester
843 posts
7,469 battles
24 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I would pay real money to remove the container opening animation

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
3,192 posts
4,334 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I guess "ohhh shiny new things!" will usually attract more attention from customers than "well this is different and slightly better now I guess"..

Well, I voted pasta, because I took two other common issues with the other two and felt like using the third to show that Italy imo should receive a line before Soviets get yet another line of mostly paper. I'd even say one Italian line, preferably cruisers, before French DDs and before anything Pan-European.

• Cool 2

Players
390 posts
8,551 battles
2 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Well, I voted pasta, because I took two other common issues with the other two and felt like using the third to show that Italy imo should receive a line before Soviets get yet another line of mostly paper. I'd even say one Italian line, preferably cruisers, before French DDs and before anything Pan-European.

I would like to see our beloved SMS Szent Istvan at one point, but to be rational, there are more urgent things to do first. Stability, graphics, UI tweaks, etc.

[POI--]
Players
3,192 posts
4,334 battles
Just now, Exohoritis said:

I would like to see our beloved SMS Szent Istvan at one point, but to be rational, there are more urgent things to do first. Stability, graphics, UI tweaks, etc.

I'd like one of the class too, but I'd first like see other things fixed. I mean, I'd not buy a premium Tegetthoff-class just to be plagued by numerous other issues. Patriotism only goes so far...

Also, I still think of all new content, Italy deserves a tech tree addition first as the last not yet represented party to the naval treaties. Also, how should I do the spirit of Tegetthoff justice with no Italians to shoot at (and GC is going to murder me...)?

Players
1,993 posts
5,926 battles
47 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks Italians deserve priority. Sadly we'lll first see Soviet BalanseBotes before that. And likely a few other things few ever asked for. 

I voted for the Italian tech tree as one of my picks, but I would like more tech trees in general. I'm actually wanting to see how the USSR BBs will turn up (well, mostly ships like Sovietsky Sojuz and such). How they may get balanced...not as much looking forward to that, tbh.

I'd also like UK and KM battlecruisers from WW1 added to the game, as well as perhaps even a second IJN line of BBs or BCs as a split (think Tosa/Amagi, Kii-class/*something to replace that awfull thing*, N13/Yamato).

Maybe even the 1047 BC or some of the plan Z ships.

And please add more (permanent) operations! :Smile_honoring: 

Maybe even keep Dynamo available :Smile_Default:

I would've liked a speedier GUI. I'd also like new maps, in preference to reworking older maps. Last thing on my list would be more (exclusive) stuff for clan battles and ranked.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,933 posts
9,129 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

I would pay real money to remove the container opening animation

Oh god, don't give them ideas.

I can already see it:

• A dockworker trying to pry open a crate with his clawhammer.
  • "This crate will be opened in 2 hours. Pay 100 Doubloons to open it instantly." Super-Containers would take 6 hours to open, costing 250 doubloons to open instantly.
  • Complete with RNG factors such as a nail breaking off and staying stuck in the crate, or the dockworker not finding his 10mm socket, adding another hour to the timer.
  • And because it would be so fun and engaging, the occasional falsely addressed container. When you try to open it the foreman will walk into view and send the dockworker away because the crate was originally intended for xXx_PussySlayer69_xXx. In order to eliminate the chance of that happening you need an Amazon Prime subscription!

Just no.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[POI--]
Players
3,192 posts
4,334 battles
9 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

*something to replace that awfull thing*

It's a decent ship though. The new deck is just lulzy when you have no real superstructure.

Players
1,993 posts
5,926 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

It's a decent ship though. The new deck is just lulzy when you have no real superstructure.

I know. I'm being biased here :Smile_hiding:

Spoiler

and I got sick ofpeople blaming and flaming me for coward BB when they didn't know of my terrible conceilment. I threw 100k fxp into unlocking Yamato faster 2 or 3 days before the most recent buffs were announced, which didn't make me like the ship more.

[POI--]
Players
3,192 posts
4,334 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

I know. I'm being biased here :Smile_hiding:

Reveal hidden contents

and I got sick ofpeople blaming and flaming me for coward BB when they didn't know of my terrible conceilment. I threw 100k fxp into unlocking Yamato faster 2 or 3 days before the most recent buffs were announced, which didn't make me like the ship more.

I grinded it post-patch. It's pretty ok. First game, stock ship. First long range salvo on Stalingrad. Citadel. Ship had its downsides, but with such a start, it's hard to hate it. And it has genuine strengths.

Sign in to follow this