Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LandlubberWookie_IRL

Battleships are now made of firewood and a joke to play.

25 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
5,592 battles

I love taking my battleships out, being set on fire every 2 seconds, watching shells overpens, bounce on broadside cruisers, or getting overpens on a bow on cruiser.....and then being spammed to death with fire and over penetrated bow on by said cruisers, yes being in a BB is very balanced. Not to mention the weak AA now that the 'balanced' CV's can drop torps right next to my hull with no [edited] given by the planes and no reaction time for me to turn my ship........even though the AA sees and is pointed onto the Squadron miles out and I am already turning like the devil..........but having the advantage of repairs every decade does help keep the fires down and the flooding to a minimum. I do love watching a spread on my German BB's ESPECIALLY, I don't see any bias honestly, my spreads heading off to the next map because apparently I was aiming there without prior knowledge. I do love how such a big ship has only 3 modules at  most...........one for a repair every decade, one to recover health that is currently being spammed off by fire.....the other a useless spotter or fighter aircraft where, lets face it, we have seen kites with more capabilities....yes being in BB is fun........very balanced for BB's. Same kind of balance as taking guns off the Gneis because it would be too powerful, but putting 16 on a French one isn't. Pretty much going to see what War Thunder have to offer soon...........and I ain't the only one.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 2

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

Can someone please make some sense out of that jumble? For petes sakes, use the enter key dude..

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
Players
2,026 posts
6 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Can someone please make some sense out of that jumble? For petes sakes, use the enter key dude..

BBaby whinefest.

HE, fires and torps OP

Guns too inaccurate and overpens

Heals not good enough

BB's are the weakest class plz buff type bolleaux basically

Plus a threat that he's off to WarThunder and taking most of the playerbase with him.

In other words it's total cow excreta.

My response to him. Bye, no loss.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles

Feel free to play some other classes then. I recommend USN light cruisers. You'll see your German BBs in a whole new light after you tried to burn a few of them down.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
Just now, BeauNidl3 said:

BBaby whinefest.

HE, fires and torps OP

Guns too inaccurate and overpens

Heals not good enough

BB's are the weakest class plz buff type bolleaux basically

Plus a threat that he's off to WarThunder and taking most of the playerbase with him.

In other words it's total cow excreta.

Thought so, but trying to make sense of it was giving me a headache.

Also, as far as him going to WT, I say "good riddance" (and he's deluding himself if he thinks most of the playerbase is going anywhere)

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Thought so, but trying to make sense of it was giving me a headache.

Also, as far as him going to WT, I say "good riddance" (and he's deluding himself if he thinks most of the playerbase is going anywhere)

I do have certain grievances with the game. German BBs taking too much fire damage or being too bad isn't one of them though. Well, ok, FdG could use a buff. That thing is just terrible.

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

I do have certain grievances with the game. German BBs taking too much fire damage or being too bad isn't one of them though. Well, ok, FdG could use a buff. That thing is just terrible.

Having never played the Freddy I can't possibly comment on that..

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Having never played the Freddy I can't possibly comment on that..

Bismarck. Add 15k hp. Make centre deck 80 mm. Increase the entire size (aka target area) of the ship, decrease maneuverability, increase caliber to 406 mm with a de facto 2 second reload buff (unless you don't take reload mod for whatever reason). Nerf concealment and make the turret angles worse. Give it better hydro to compensate for having a harder time dodging anything. Frankly, I prefer playing Bismarck in T10 matches compared to FdG, because Bismarck at least is subtle in comparison and when I do damage I get the befitting xp modifier. Kurfürst after it is better too. imo, WG should either give this ship an accuracy buff or improve the turret angles. Izumo now is a better ship in most areas and is way more fun than this floating hunk of junk.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
Just now, Riselotte said:

Bismarck. Add 15k hp. Make centre deck 80 mm. Increase the entire size (aka target area) of the ship, decrease maneuverability, increase caliber to 406 mm with a de facto 2 second reload buff (unless you don't take reload mod for whatever reason). Nerf concealment and make the turret angles worse. Give it better hydro to compensate for having a harder time dodging anything. Frankly, I prefer playing Bismarck in T10 matches compared to FdG, because Bismarck at least is subtle in comparison and when I do damage I get the befitting xp modifier. Kurfürst after it is better too. imo, WG should either give this ship an accuracy buff or improve the turret angles. Izumo now is a better ship in most areas and is way more fun than this floating hunk of junk.

Interesting. Well, we will see what I think of her when I get to her. 

Have found that keeping a open mind, and expectations low, helps, considerably.

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

Interesting. Well, we will see what I think of her when I get to her. 

Have found that keeping a open mind, and expectations low, helps, considerably.

Was my first T9. Hated it. Tried survivability spec. Ended up on 40% WR, because what is the point? You basically are a large ship that is kinda hard to kill, but that struggles killing anything else. Changed to secondary spec afterwards, because then I have at least one thing almost noone else does better (cough Alsace cough) and finished on 44% WR. I got 2 other T10s before I invested 90k free exp on getting Kurfürst and sold the FdG a few days ago.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
36 minutes ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

I love taking my battleships out, being set on fire every 2 seconds, watching shells overpens, bounce on broadside cruisers, or getting overpens on a bow on cruiser.....and then being spammed to death with fire and over penetrated bow on by said cruisers, yes being in a BB is very balanced. Not to mention the weak AA now that the 'balanced' CV's can drop torps right next to my hull with no [edited] given by the planes and no reaction time for me to turn my ship........even though the AA sees and is pointed onto the Squadron miles out and I am already turning like the devil..........but having the advantage of repairs every decade does help keep the fires down and the flooding to a minimum. I do love watching a spread on my German BB's ESPECIALLY, I don't see any bias honestly, my spreads heading off to the next map because apparently I was aiming there without prior knowledge. I do love how such a big ship has only 3 modules at  most...........one for a repair every decade, one to recover health that is currently being spammed off by fire.....the other a useless spotter or fighter aircraft where, lets face it, we have seen kites with more capabilities....yes being in BB is fun........very balanced for BB's. Same kind of balance as taking guns off the Gneis because it would be too powerful, but putting 16 on a French one isn't. Pretty much going to see what War Thunder have to offer soon...........and I ain't the only one.

Play cruisers.

They are apparently immune to BB shells (only take some overpens and bounces when broadside on), they can spam HE and set things on fire every 2 seconds, their damage control party reloads fast to help control fires and they have plenty "modules" (you meant consumables) including defensive AA fire that makes it much easier to deal with planes and prevents them from dropping accurately.

Considering how underpowered battleships are (and yet you persisted all the way to t10!) I'm sure your results when you switch to the overpowered cruiser class will be astonishing! You'll fare especially well against BBs when you sail broadside on to them and still bounce most shells, the remaining ones becoming meager overpens :cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

Players
402 posts
5,829 battles

I do wonder about BB players. Do they not take premium consumables? My few BBs have premium consumables, the appropriate modules and all the needed captain skills like superintendent and a bunch from the left column. Yes my BBs are on fire all the time but it does little permanent damage. Flooding and citadels are scary, fires are mostly cosmetic unless the BB is low hit points or is being worked over by multiple HE spammers. I don't play them much because I find them deathly boring and can't hit anything with the slow firing guns. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,699 posts
13,142 battles
7 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

I do wonder about BB players. Do they not take premium consumables?

I would honestly be surprised if over half the players even know that premium consumables exist.

• Funny 4

[FRDF]
Players
175 posts
2,810 battles

I suck with BBs, because I get bored with them and usually end up pushing too aggressively and die too soon :D But do I cry about them being weak? fu*k no.. BBs are still the scariest surface ships, that alpha strike can remove anything off the map with one salvo.

For the OP, don't repair single fires and use the premium consumables, you get better results and will earn enough credits to sustain using them..

Never had problems with fires in my BBs and I don't even use fire prevention. Fire damage is 100% healable.

• Cool 3

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,771 battles

If fire is your problem, get Okt Rev. Or Nelson. But I bet you then start complaining about how AP is OP.

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
152 posts
4,301 battles
5 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

You should have started with the fact that you play the gneis.
To be honest, i free xped the last 30k on that ship and happily sold it.
Then i stopped playing the germans, bought Musashi (cause fak your angling) and started grinding USN bbs cause when i shoot i expect to hit.

I keep having the same rages regarding Gneis (although only regarding the dispersion).Clan mates insist its a great ship.I insist they have to see a Doc.

To your points:
1)Getting HE spammed. Unless its endgame where they outnumber you then you are out of position.Watch some youtube videos of high tier bbs. I recommend notser and flamu for starters.
2)Getting raped by cvs. Stay with your fleet.Always keep an eye out on the minimap.
3)Repairing fires and floods. Is your captain build wrong? Do you use premium repair and premium heal? Google the proper builds.
4)Dispersion. Not much to say here except that the next map called and said "Hey stop shooting my islands".

2 last things.
If you expect proper feedback from the forums try to state your problems better.
Otherwise you ll get the above justified responces.

Second, back to the basics.
Review "Captains Academy" on youtube.Aiming, angling, spotting mechanics, smoke mechanics etc.
Watch for each of your bbs yt videos about how to play them.Your wr suggests you are doing something wrong.Focus on positioning first and aiming after.
Good luck.

• Cool 4

Players
1,369 posts
6,120 battles
5 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

It get it your not a happy chappy. :cap_tea: We all have bad days in the office. 

So take a deep breath...Now exhale. Better? 

You can't tar all BB's with the same brush, they are all different to some degree or another.  Your talking about a Mix of BB's in your comments like the Yam, Bis, Izumo and Gne, all of which have strengths and weakness. 

Your only tier 10 BB is the Yam.  The ship i hate the most in this game when sailing around in my tier 10 cruisers.  You wanna know why?  Because regardless if i angle or not i'm eating raw damage if not a straight up pen. Is that fair?  

Your a BIG ship that turns like the titanic so avoiding torps isn't fun i know, but you have the best Torp belt in the whole game (on par with sister ship) so torps that kill ships like the Kurf pretty quickly, you shrug off quite quickly.

AA spec in your Yam or even half?  Or you gone for a tank build because if you have then DON'T BLAME YOUR AA OR CV PLAYER! 

You choice to click "Battle" knowing that your AA isnt very good in the scheme of things.  If you really don't like CV's knocking around then how about you put some points on AA then? BFT, AFT, Range upgrade, Manuel AA, flags, all help against say tier 8 torp planes of the midway.  A half AA spec Yam does a very good job in keeping some planes away, not full waves but single groups. 

If you play a BB expect HE.  Come on lad your a cruiser and DD player arn't you too? Then you know that throwing bucket loads of AP at some BBs don't do squat! So what do you do? That's right, switch to HE. We all use the tools WG has given us and HE = Anti BB (for most depending on angling).

As for the Bismarck and Gne then if your one of those players that camp in the back in a German BB throwing shells at max range then you need to be shot.  My spider senses are tell me that you are that kind of player as your damage in both the Bis and especially the Gne is quite low.  The Gne is a great ship and have had alot of fun in it but don't play it much anymore (Sharn) and as for it's AA? Hows about 42 planes for you...:cap_tea:  There is a reason it has torps and turleback armour too mate and it's not for sitting at the back. 

Now you've played enough games in WOWS so you know the score regarding BB's, so chalk it down to a bad day.  I'm sure if you read your comments again you will realise what a ponker you have been on this occasion. 

WT has turned into such a Bias broken game it isn't not even funny to joke about when you see nothing but Russian tanks/planes in clans. Nearly HALF of our clan have come from WT and they all say the same thing.  Took me 4 months to figger that one out and saen the warning signs even earlier. 

Players
390 posts
8,551 battles
6 hours ago, LandlubberWookie_IRL said:

Learn how to play and learn how to FORMAT texts FTW.

• Funny 2

Players
750 posts
6,653 battles

Gneisenau is horrid, though. Six gun ships are always tricky and derpy dispersion makes playing it worse. It's a single barrel shotgun when everyone else came with a Tommy Gun. 

Players
2,266 posts
2 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

I never said anything about which "bias" I'm talking about...

The difference between the OP and me is that my english grammer sucks way less than his and that I acknowledge that I can't play Battleships under the current "meta".

We both (you and me) know that the atmosphere in the forums is like:

:Smile_sceptic: At least have the decency to delete the pics.....not appropriate!

Players
1,369 posts
6,120 battles
15 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Gneisenau is horrid, though. Six gun ships are always tricky and derpy dispersion makes playing it worse. It's a single barrel shotgun when everyone else came with a Tommy Gun. 

But they hit hard for it's tier, with very good AA,  fast firing Secondaries that pen anything with IFHE, Torps, turtleback armour and TANKS LIKE A BOSS :cap_hmm:

It's a good ship and personally, I really enjoy it.  But tier 7 is my fav and I play other ships more now-a-days.  But it will steamroll thought nearly all of the tier 7 BB who are foolish enough to camp, go-bow on and take this thing coming towards it. 

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,795 posts
6,434 battles

Battleships are still perfectly playable, hit hard anything they see no matter the range, and are absolutely deadly to dumbasses sailing broadside, not moving in their smoke or trying to bow-tank with a cruiser.

Players
750 posts
6,653 battles
3 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

But they hit hard for it's tier, with very good AA,  fast firing Secondaries that pen anything with IFHE, Torps, turtleback armour and TANKS LIKE A BOSS 

All true, but it's bad at being a battleship - shooting stuff with big guns - and is an unwelcome diversion in the line. If they ever get around to making a KM BC line I hope it gets moved off into that.