Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Best t6 cruiser for getting potential damage?

24 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
425 posts
2,195 battles

Quick question:

What would be the best t6 non-premium cruiser for getting a ton of potential damage? Also what would be the best strategy to achieve this?

Cheers in advance :Smile_bajan2:

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles

Probably Budyonny.

Reasonably tough, fast and long range to do well with evasion tanking. Also has the ballistics to actually do damage that way.

In a very DD heavy game the Leander would take the cake though, if only because all those torps sailing into her smoke add up very fast on the potential damage count as long as they don't actually hit.

• Cool 3

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,911 posts
16,276 battles

Galison zig-zagging on speedboost is hard to hit.

• Cool 1

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

Probably Budyonny.

Reasonably tough, fast and long range to do well with evasion tanking. Also has the ballistics to actually do damage that way.

In a very DD heavy game the Leander would take the cake though, if only because all those torps sailing into her smoke add up very fast on the potential damage count as long as they don't actually hit.

Just checked and both Leander and Budyonny have pretty high potential dmg values for me. Leander slightly higher with 1,55 million compared to Budy with 1,54 mil. So I´d go with either of those aswell.

Other then that, Graf Spee is absolutly outclassing the competition (2,9 mil here), but since we are not talking premiums... One could also try La Gal - go full broadside and let the troll armor handle the rest :Smile-_tongue:

[DAVY]
Players
248 posts
7,220 battles

You may call me insane, but I think about the Pensacola.

Initially this sounds weird, cause the Pepsi is infamous for its exposed citadel and consequential for its squishiness. That however may be the key to success. I am not making a hard claim but I think most if not all T6 cruisers are rather lightly armored. So they all do not react very well to being hit. The ship you choose for potential damage must rather be effectively dodging shots.

The Aoba springs to mind. But it is played well away from the front line. It has a reputation of being hard to hit, so many players won't bother aiming for a distant kiting ship.

But then again if you are too close, they will hit you and no T6 cruiser will endure that for the time needed to get serious potential damage.

On the other side if we look at the Pepsi, she combines those elements, you need for success:

1. You need to be shot at a lot. The ship must be appealing to shoot at. The Pepsi has a reputation of being made of paper so many players try for a cheap kill. Lots of shots.

2. The ship must be able to evade incoming fire. The Pepsi has a good rudder shift - I think 6.5s - has 620m turning circle, so it can make hard turns and it is played from ranges of 13 - 15.7 km, so it has enough time to put distance between the impact zone and itself.

3. Pepsi has a tight spread and again the range of 15.7 km, so it can shoot back and influence the battle.

Let's be clear about it. What you are looking for, is a gamble. No cruiser will be ideal for potential damage. But if you combine the elements I mentioned, you get a reasonable shot. the rest is personal skill, like knowing how to play dumb, so they go for you. The think you go broadside, they shoot at you. You get on their nerves with fires, the BBs get upset and make you a personal priority. So you need a feeling for baiting aggro. Not too many shots at a time, but also no breathing space.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles
Just now, 22cm said:

Galison zig-zagging on speedboost is hard to hit.

I almost included the Glassionaire simply for that, however I've found (both on the giving and receiving end) that a zig-zagging Glassionaire just LOVES to catch citadels. That ship is one of the few where I actually recommend purposefully showing broadside in case of doubt because that way you tend to just get overpenned, but that's not a good strategy to tank as soon as someone gets the idea to use HE again.

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles
10 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Just checked and both Leander and Budyonny have pretty high potential dmg values for me.

Where do you find this info?

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,911 posts
16,276 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Where do you find this info?

For him. His account.

[-AP-]
Players
425 posts
2,195 battles

Thanks everyone for the answers :Smile_coin: I think ill go with the budyony based on your recommendations

[CATS]
Players
13,678 posts
10,389 battles

Just checked the server stats.

If you ignore the premium ships, Aoba seems to be a good bet, surprisingly closely followed by Dallas.

image.thumb.png.c4902f2607e6651d0a12a3e8c3437121.png

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles

With all the smoke shooting, you could go with Leander? Also with the heal you can survive longer. My best Silver T6 is Leander (by avg potential dmg) followed by Budy. So both seem to be equally good imo. But Leander is still a bit better :Smile-_tongue:

Dont have Aoba so cant comment on that one. Aobas i encounter seem to burst pretty easily :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
3,678 posts
12,877 battles

For me it's Leander (43k average damage, max 146k)

-> Aoba (35k, max 84k)

-> Nürnberg (33k, max 106k)

-> Gallison (31k, max 89k)

-----------> Buttjohnny (18k, max 34k, (which is the reason why that ship has only 8 battles played... it sucks - at least for me...))

In the end, it's not the ship that makes the damage, but the player and his abilities and his style of play... except for the Buttjohnny... it sucks...

Players
99 posts
6,812 battles

Budyonny is a good pick. Currently for me Budyonny, Nürnberg and Galissoniere are all north of 730 000 potential damage. If you are good in cruisers and really know how to play I would advice Nürnberg. This ship has some serious capabilities if you can dodge (my best game so far has over 2,2 million pot.dam. in it).

Players
560 posts
On 27/09/2018 at 8:51 PM, Riselotte said:

Graf Spee

The Graf Spee is sort of a non premium because I got mine a couple of years ago for free from doing some missions.

For genuine non premiums the Aoba is good if you can get into a shooting over your shoulder situation with a couple of enemies chasing you right across the map.

Players
3,455 posts
7,229 battles
On 27/09/2018 at 8:23 PM, Aotearas said:

Do they count as PD if the torps aren't aimed at her (i.e. blind fired into smoke)?

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles
1 minute ago, Capra76 said:

Do they count as PD if the torps aren't aimed at her (i.e. blind fired into smoke)?

Yes, as long as they pass by close enough. PD doesn't care about whom it is aimed at. It counts ammunition that lands (or in case of torps sails by) within a certain distance of your ship (I think 300 m, but don't quote me on the exact number). It even continues counting after you sank...

[DC-DK]
Players
1,782 posts
22,478 battles

shot-18_09.29_21_16.21-0439.thumb.jpg.5bf23d33b7334da4c3de1caa681d2d2e.jpg

Pensacola believe it or not.

shot-18_09.29_21_32.28-0379.thumb.jpg.dafe1ed2b34e26ae5499dc7b0a26c7f6.jpgshot-18_09_29_21_29.24-0364.thumb.jpg.142e13b8152a8c7b3d730f5a18bf8019.jpg

Main reason why kitting away is the best way to play Pensacola. Notice the big difference in size of the forward and aft citadel

• Cool 2

[DC-DK]
Players
1,782 posts
22,478 battles

shot-18_09.29_21_53.21-0756.thumb.jpg.7892cefce897bed84ab7374044ebbb12.jpgshot-18_09.29_21_52.43-0874.thumb.jpg.5d7616c8e3421c09a5418189bf8b49bd.jpg

Dallas is another candidate. Note how deep underwater the forward and aft part of the citadel is.

Players
790 posts
6,871 battles

This conversation is only relevant because we no longer have T6 Cleveland. :Smile_sad::Smile_honoring:

There are two components to potential damage: tanking hits, and avoiding them altogether. My highest potential damage of any current T6 cruiser is actually the Pensacola. It's exceptionally good at the avoiding-hits part.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this