104 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,222 posts
2,823 battles

Captains!

af6bdf98-c170-11e8-bcb7-ac162d8bc1e4_1200x.jpg

Halloween is back! Try this out on our Public test and please leave any feedback regarding Halloween here.

Players
2 posts
1,341 battles

game crashed after first try of the operation sending critical error from windows i could not report due to total stall of pc

[OCTO]
Players
588 posts
13,933 battles

Alright, subs!!!

First of all, I think you can make subs work  in this game- I really love the idea.

But, after two game, it looks very very hard to finish the scenario. We were nowhere near getting one secondary objective, never mind completing the operation. 

It feels too fast paced for submarines. They are too fast  and too maneuverable and oxygen runs out too quickly. I really like the idea, mechanics and the anxiety of being hunted/hunter. I would recommend to slow it all down a bit and it will be more enjoyable experience. I think there is a great potential in developing the sub gameplay further. 

[PORT]
Players
1,460 posts
10,589 battles

Played 3 submarine games and really like the gameplay. Feels like a V-25 on cocaine :fish_cute_2: and the tactical possibilities with variable spotting range is nice.

[OESK]
Players
27 posts
3,069 battles

It is simple put awesome put for me its a little unclear when you get the other subs.

Players
1 post
6,411 battles

Subs are fun gameplay on first impression. A few things though.

1. Diving and surfacing uses the Q and E keys. This is extremely annoying for me as i normally use those to turn the sip, since you only have to klick rathra then press down. Perhaps F and G keys would work better.

2. No timer on how long you gan stay under when surfaced. Trivial issue after getting used to the subs I'm sure, but on the first games that is something people will definately keep forgetting.

3. No Concealment Expert bonuses :(. Might be intentional though.

Also the gameplay felt a bit too fast paced and the time you could stay submerged was rather short. This combened with no Concelament Expert makes staying undetected after attacking a bit tricky. Perhaps not a problem after gitting gud.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,776 posts
11,488 battles

Only played one game so far and aside from a very jerky aiming, I also thought it felt a bit fast paced with the oxygen timer running down too quickly, possibly because a constant stream of bots moving in. Not sure if the detection ranges are clearly visible anywhere. I got detected and undetected without being entirely sure when and how. The diving and surfacing mechanic wasn't super intuitive but I probably need a few more games. I tried finding a snorkel depth where I could fill up oxygen without surfacing totally, but that's not in I take it..? It was pretty hectic it will probably feel better after a few tries. The potential is there I think. Should be fun in the end.

Players
6 posts
8,285 battles
9 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

OK...BUT ONLY FOR TODAY....

nope, the scenarios are running till the end of the public test period - its just a small error in the description

[WOWS]
Players
170 posts
11,391 battles

Please in the patchnote emphasize the fact, there is a seperate section for submarine controll + do not keep the base one on buttons what manipulate an other axis!

[-MM]
Players
394 posts
7,921 battles
2 hours ago, Comoc_Relief said:

Subs are fun gameplay on first impression. A few things though.

1. Diving and surfacing uses the Q and E keys. This is extremely annoying for me as i normally use those to turn the sip, since you only have to klick rathra then press down. Perhaps F and G keys would work better.

2. No timer on how long you gan stay under when surfaced. Trivial issue after getting used to the subs I'm sure, but on the first games that is something people will definately keep forgetting.

3. No Concealment Expert bonuses :(. Might be intentional though.

Also the gameplay felt a bit too fast paced and the time you could stay submerged was rather short. This combened with no Concelament Expert makes staying undetected after attacking a bit tricky. Perhaps not a problem after gitting gud.

1. You can rebind the keys in the options. I think Q and E is fine, I turn with A and D.

2. The timer is right next to the Altimeter.

3. Dive.

Also new submarines (there are 4) can be unlocked by finishing the old Halloween missions, with 5 stars.

Players
326 posts

Hi WG & All.

The SUB's scenario is ok but can be tricky when in dive seems some confusing in steering as no visual references.

As for forcing player to join Divisions to play a scenario is a No No, again you want player to do what you think they should do that's wrong it should be an option not a enforceable play, we can't test them if no one division up.

WG you must be brain dead to give us British DD missions in the Navy event and no DD's to play them, too much vodka or think it's funny to do this, c'on get your brains in gear and give the British DD's.    

Players
17 posts
3,865 battles

The sub mission is very fun and challenging. However the sub gameplay could get some slight improvement the time underwater is slightly too low may be increase it by 10 secondes will be a good compromise, what is more a timer for oxygen isn't very noticeable, a little bit bigger will be better. The diving mecanics and surfacing mecanics seems a bit slow and tricky, it might need some improvement.

Il y a 32 minutes, Jessa_Doom a dit :

Hi WG & All.

The SUB's scenario is ok but can be tricky when in dive seems some confusing in steering as no visual references.

As for forcing player to join Divisions to play a scenario is a No No, again you want player to do what you think they should do that's wrong it should be an option not a enforceable play, we can't test them if no one division up.

WG you must be brain dead to give us British DD missions in the Navy event and no DD's to play them, too much vodka or think it's funny to do this, c'on get your brains in gear and give the British DD's.    

For divisions I totally agree very annoying especialy in Public test where they are a reduce amount of player. As a consequence we cannot test it fully because of that. It is very difficult to find a full divisions for the halloween missions.

• Cool 2

[ANWW]
Players
7 posts
4,526 battles

In Saving Transylvania catapults are still going through their firing animations after getting destroyed.

[WOWS]
Players
170 posts
11,391 battles
2 hours ago, kyurin said:

In Saving Transylvania catapults are still going through their firing animations after getting destroyed.

+1

+ with the base sub, i was not even able to reach full depth, i ran out of oxigen, and at the lowest possible dept i was insta spotted from/within 2km.. what is not too good.

[UN]
Weekend Tester
810 posts
18,859 battles

Mission 

Complete Terror of the Deep operation with five stars at the increased difficulty level.  

Seriously ? On test server ? I was under the impression normal difficulty is intended for randumb groups, while "hard" aims at well oiled pre-made clan divisions.

[K-D-F]
Beta Tester
44 posts
4,190 battles
15 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

I have to say subs are really great! I really want to say congratulations WG, you did a great job bringing Subs into the game, this really makes the game much interesting. However there may still be some kinde of minor improvements you can make. For example the 5 levels of depth. That is truelly not necessary. Also the grafics for tropedo depth is not very convenient. You can't see the Sub and the surface at the same time and you may just lost the idea of where you are heading to. For me I believe 2 levels should be enough, one for trops and one for deep dive. Another feature I believe is the fact, that many people seems not be able to understand the idea of stealth mission. They really enjoyed themselves foghting against heavy enemy forces and be killes by millions of shells coming from all directions. I think it will be a good idea having an obligated tutorial before getting ones first sub. Oh, by the way the depth control using E and Q is not always so convenient, maybe you can also figure out a better combination for that.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
30 posts
7,601 battles

Aiming torpedoes with submarines is extremely unpleasant. Im used to DDs and there is nice correlation between moving mouse and moving torpedo aiming cone. But with submarines there is no such nice correlation. I have to swipe left and right several times to get aiming to expected position.

• Cool 3

Players
1 post

hello

whiles playing the sub event i can not lock on to any targets, and secondly the game keeps on crashing and totally locks up the pc.

:cap_rambo:

[UNICS]
Players
2,776 posts
11,488 battles

I'm getting a bit more used to the but the aiming clearly needs some work.

Very tough mission. Divisioning up before the battle is tough enough. To find the dark castle within the time limit while going through the enemy fleet seems impossible, but maybe there's a trick to it.. Having your only weapon up front make things difficult when you have to press forward at all time. Still pretty fun.