Update 0.7.10 - General Feedback

40 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,235 posts
2,834 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback about update 0.7.10 here. All information you can read in Developer Bulletin 0.7.10 publication. If your feedback is about one of following topics, please leave your comments in the dedicated threads:

Supply - Login Daily Bonus

Ranked Sprint

Halloween 2018

Bug Reports

Action Stations

• Cool 1

[CFCUK]
Players
1 post
2,603 battles

i can't login with my main account keeps saying invalided email/password but was just playing on my main account so it's not a wrong email/password that's on the pt server i mean

Players
380 posts

You are not supposed to log in with your main account, you have to create a PTS account (using the same e-mail so you can get the rewards on your main account).

• Cool 1

Players
326 posts

Hi WG & All.

The Navy Event you have done it again, WG you must be brain dead to give us British DD missions in the Navy event and no DD's to play them, too much vodka or think it's funny to do this, c'on get your brains in gear and give the British DD's.

[UN]
Weekend Tester
812 posts
18,947 battles

Coop is no longer enjoyable. The bots are so getting a boner now from focusing solely the player(s), ignoring everything else. Planes keep circling above the smoke until it fades, and you are target numero uno for the cv anyways. They rather angle against the player in a dd than against an AI cruiser or bb, showing them broadside instead. Situation gets worse the fewer human players there are in a match, with every bot exclusively shooting and charging the latter if in range. Being the only human is just a pita; if you don't hide (like at the map border, not in smoke or behind an island), you are dead so quickly. So you either quit the match for a draw. Or you keep watching bots vs bots for 10 minutes (actually, I am writing this while waiting for a match to end), which strangely enough only have Stormtrooper aim against each other. And this was only on t5. I don't want to check out how t10 is now. Yamato devastating strikes from 20km ?

If I want others to decide the outcome of a battle, I play randumbs and pray for a ******* carrier match. RIP coop (for me). Good thing I have my 15 wins for the module on pretty much all X ships.

• Cool 1

[UN]
Weekend Tester
812 posts
18,947 battles

There are "too many secrets" in this test.

Like unlocking more subs. Do you want us to test them or not ? Then don't hide them away without any hint on how to get them. Or better, don't hide them at all. Secrets may be fun on live when you have more time to find them and a large community to work together. On test, it is just a pita, eating away precious time. We can't comment on what we haven't seen.

So we can unlock 8 special camos on test by playing with "certain ships". Which ships ? Do you want us to try them all out ? Again, no mission, no hint.

And what about "Win a Ranked battle being in the Division." ? There is no mission for that. So is it valid ? Or just another mismatch between homepage and game data ? Like "5 stars in the new Halloween scenario on increased difficulty", when ingame, it does not mention "hard difficulty".

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-FIN-]
[-FIN-]
Beta Tester
47 posts
8,341 battles

Send your Submarine Commander to reserve and you can't get it back to ship from there. @Crysantos Can you fix so i can get back playing  round 1 of 7.10

[WAZ]
Players
7 posts
962 battles

My feedback before starting any matches:

• Missions announced but not visible in-game:
    • #3, win 3 battles.
    • #5, earn 1 rank.
  • Mission #4 "Reward on Main Account #3" specifics not matching between announcement & in-game:
    • Scenario name mismatch.
    • In-game does not specify "Hard" difficulty.
  • Port cannot filter for 5th ship type.
  • Other things in general:
    • I've faced mission issues before & remarked on them, during 0.7.9. tests at least, although as a comment on the announcement page (no response occurred btw).
    • Are live rewards auto-assigned or have to be page-claimed? I'm yet to be a regular tester, but I don't notice a reference for claim yet it seems to be at least frequently necessary.
    • Naming missions in the announcement page would be nice.

EDIT: What about those halloween missions btw? Rewards for test or live? It's not like we can trust in-game or on-page descriptions anyways >.>

Players
12 posts
2,015 battles

My anti spy/maleware software shows problems with the client, my malewarebytes stops some connections, its trying to create? and describes the ip number as a place that can harm my system ?? So this is not in the game itself, but during the installation? log file description see here ..

((((

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

Date of protection event: 28/09/2018
Time of protection event: 18.57
Logfile: 9da708d4-c33f-11e8-afc9-7085c26c3f9b.json

-software information-
Version: 3.6.1.2711
Komponentversion: 1.0.463
Update package version: 1.0.7067
License: Premium

-System information-
CPU: x64
Filsystem: NTFS
User: System

-Information about blocked website-
Harmful site: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Websitedata-
Kategori: SCAM
Domæne: 
IP-adress: 66.175.220.63
Port: [6881]
Type: outgoing
Fil: D:\Games\WOWS_PublicTest\WoWsLauncher.exe

(end)
))))

Players
326 posts
13 minutes ago, No_Color said:

My anti spy/maleware software shows problems with the client, my malewarebytes stops some connections, its trying to create? and describes the ip number as a place that can harm my system ?? So this is not in the game itself, but during the installation? log file description see here ..

((((

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

Date of protection event: 28/09/2018
Time of protection event: 18.57
Logfile: 9da708d4-c33f-11e8-afc9-7085c26c3f9b.json

-software information-
Version: 3.6.1.2711
Komponentversion: 1.0.463
Update package version: 1.0.7067
License: Premium

-System information-
CPU: x64
Filsystem: NTFS
User: System

-Information about blocked website-
Harmful site: 1
, , Blokeret, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Websitedata-
Kategori: SCAM
Domæne: 
IP-adress: 66.175.220.63
Port: [6881]
Type: outgoing
Fil: D:\Games\WOWS_PublicTest\WoWsLauncher.exe

(end)
))))

Are you using the WG Game launcher or the in-game icon launcher as i've had issues in the past with the WG Game launcher.

[OAP]
[OAP]
Players
15 posts
11,449 battles

Is it possible to have controls for the subs?..

I use A and D for 'Hard to Port' and 'Hard to Starboard' and cannot control the sub without going into the controls to change my WSADQE buttons...

also the Barracuda is very weak..  just saying.!!!

Players
3 posts
11,741 battles
On 27/09/2018 at 3:40 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback about update 0.7.10 here. All information you can read in Developer Bulletin 0.7.10 publication. If your feedback is about one of following topics, please leave your comments in the dedicated threads:

Supply - Login Daily Bonus

Ranked Sprint

Halloween 2018

Bug Reports

Action Stations

just finnished task 4 in royal navy missions, but im not scoring anything in the Hall of fame ????

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5 posts
3,647 battles

My feedback on the update is focused on the submarines gameplay. 

Sub hadaling is confusing you should try move the dive surface buttons and keep the button available on the ships for turning left and right. 

Aiming while  manoeuvring is difficult to see if you shot properly.

event feedback- great looking ships and all worked ok.

horn on the sub locked in port and continued even if I released the button on the kbd. This happened while insame time inwas rotating the camera. 

In one of he mission i died from fire while underwater. Dont know if this is a feature or the fire should be extinguished after diving one level. 

Players
326 posts
15 hours ago, Cpt_Odddball said:

just finnished task 4 in royal navy missions, but im not scoring anything in the Hall of fame ????

Same hear mate have been like that from start, and some were on from day one.

And no REWARD extra mission/DD ships

[_XII_]
Players
263 posts
2,310 battles

That dutch part is that new?

Under clans. Those 4  'clan research' to 'create clan' are still in English

So 'Clan research' should be 'Zoeken clan'

'Clan rating' could 'Clan waardering' (but 'rating'  is also used in Dutch. So isn't wrong)

'Requests' should be 'Verzoeken' or 'Verzoekingen' 

'Create clan' should be 'Clan aanmaken' or maybe 'Clan maken'

[_XII_]
Players
263 posts
2,310 battles

uitschakelen.png

That 'UITGESCHAKELI should be 'UITSCHAKELEN'

But you could use for 'INSCHAKELEN' simply 'AAN' and for 'UITSCHAKELEN' simply 'UIT'

[ELADR]
Alpha Tester
12 posts
759 battles

Petit retour à chaud :

-le bruit des torpilles des sous-marin sont celui des destroyers, on entend la torpilles "tomber" dans l'eau

-un feu sur sous-marin ? alors qu'on est sous l'eau ?

-le menu des touches de contrôles doit être revue ...

-il faut augmenter le fond des bateau qui coule, car voir des carcasses de bateau sous l'eau à l’arrêt puis disparaître ... c'est moins réaliste

-temps de plonger peut être un peu court ?

mais dans l’ensemble j'adore !!

-------------

hot feedback:

-the sounds of underwater torpedoes are those of destroyers, torpedoes "falling" in the water

-a fire on a submarine? diving? seriously ??

-the menu of the control keys must be reviewed ...

-It is necessary to increase the bottom of the boats sunk, because to see the carcasses of the boat under the stop then to disappear ...

diving time can be a little short?

but overall I love it !!

[GOT]
Beta Tester
30 posts
4,709 battles

About the Wargaming.net Gamecenter

Overall nice app. I would like to request a "move game folder" button, and a feature to not autoupdate games.
I currently have WoWsPTS, WoWs, and WoT installed, but i haven't played WoT in a while, however if I want to add WoT to the game center, it wants to update it, which I don't have enough room for on my hard disk.

So i have it installed, but not yet added it in the app because of this.

About 7.10

Nice update overall but

-I didn't enjoy the way operations auto-rotated, mostly because it wasn't clear when which operation would be in up. Not sure if you are going to do it like this in the public server too, but I would advice to only have the newest halloween event available for random queue's and the older ones just for platoons, or alternatively make it more clear what is happening.
-Many missions were hidden, which is not enjoyable. I did not receive any new submarines after completing the submarine mission on hard with 5 stars, and normal on 3 stars (don't ask how). Still unsure how to unlock the 3 other submarines.

-More on the topic of hidden missions: you cannot check the rewards for missions in your end game screen, because the crate that you have to hover over is hidden in the pop-up.

-Haven't noticed significant differences on torpedoes, can you explain the mechanics that have been changed? That can help us test it.

-Daily login seems bare, and I didn't notice that it had two tabs at first, so that might tell you something.

[VMV]
Players
1 post
4,434 battles

Played Lexington  in 0.7.10

halfway the game my 2 DB-squadrons got stuck and would not move anymore;

fighters and torpedo worked normal.

[_XII_]
Players
263 posts
2,310 battles

'Verborgenheid' is correct Dutch but it just sounds weird. You could use 'Detectie' you are using 'detecteerbaarheid' after all already in the text.

verborgenheid.png

[_XII_]
Players
263 posts
2,310 battles

'Horror of the deep blue sea' need still to be translated.

So it should be 'Horror van de diepe blauwe zee' is the most correct; But you could use 'Horror vanuit de blauwe diepzee'

The rest of the text should be 'Lokaliseer Raspuitin in de Zwarte Schuilhaven en versla het compleet'. (Not completely happy with the translation).

deep blue sea.png

[WAZ]
Players
7 posts
962 battles

Post-testing feedback:

• Scenarios' rotation was left for players to figure out, inconvenient, a time-sink, plus whatever damages worth considering from your side (perhaps e.g. less players testing what you wanted to be tested).
  • Urashima's "Anti-guidance System II" did not prevent locks according to the lock-count-telling commander skill, and it failed to prevent main gun fire from at least an enemy DD on at least one occasion, for around 15-30 seconds after activation (maybe longer if I didn't die).
    • In the unlikely case it's not meant to cancel current locks, then its description is just plain misleading.
  • As other(s) noted before, Ranked game-mode isn't always visible to select, probably due to currently selected ship.
    • It contradicts all other use-cases I've seen, where it's allowed to select a game-mode incompatible with current ship selection, relying instead on disabling Ready/Battle button(s) and leaving a warning message there upon mouse hovering.
  • Same as FireSource_, I only found by accident during the 2nd/3rd time viewing the daily login screen, that there is more than one tab. Worth considering to utilize the usual "new" icon there. You know, the small white circle with red contents that you're using almost everywhere when something new comes.

The following triggers at random when I play in live server, but I think was triggering more during this PT round. Maybe I'm wrong though, but could you please look into it:

• Whenever I play, from time to time torpedoes don't trigger their audio alert, water splash, or water arrows immediately, in situations where they should have been well triggered already.
  • The three problems seem to trigger together more often than not, while the last/fourth type of alert (the torp icons showing on the hidden circle mid-screen, torp color dependent on distance, not team) seems to be always working without a hitch.
  • As noted, it's an on & off problem I have in general, not sure if it's due to the game or my PC, but in this PT it seemed to occur more often.

Hope this is useful. Also, hopefully higher consistency and transparency in future announcements.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[_XII_]
Players
263 posts
2,310 battles
On 28-9-2018 at 5:18 PM, Jessa_Doom said:

WG this can't be right (picture added) to get 1 credit for completing a mission.5bae45fa15bbb_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_09.28-16_00_40_04.thumb.png.191cfa05bd043ee761b941cd612792f7.png

1credit.png

• Cool 1

Players
12 posts
2,015 battles
On 28/9/2018 at 7:39 PM, Jessa_Doom said:

Are you using the WG Game launcher or the in-game icon launcher as i've had issues in the past with the WG Game launcher.

sorry for the late reply, it was under updating of the game, it came first, and the first time i started the game, but after that there was nothing .. so i do not think that's a problem anymore :-)