Bug Reports

42 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,235 posts
2,834 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.7.8 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

Players
380 posts

1. Description

Battle-type selection screen is different depending on whether a "special" or "normal" ship is selected.

2. Reproduction steps

I had one of the Halloween ships selected and noticed that Ranked Battles was a small greyed out icon rather than normal size and colour. So I tried selecting a normal ship and the screen went back to what I had seen before. I tried switching back and forth a few times to check this was what was making the difference, and it seemed so.

3. Result

shot-18_09.27_18_26.21-0810.thumb.jpg.144f73a4deb8a90dd12fb40187f941e7.jpg

4. Expected result

shot-18_09.27_18_26.31-0988.thumb.jpg.2b47c4cd4acf117bb562129df8416d5e.jpg

[ACNAF]
Players
772 posts
18,704 battles

If you move your submarine captain you can't sent it back...

Screenshots posted on the french forum too 

Spoiler

53c0c84e9e.png

Spoiler

a194f03ba7.png

[OESK]
[OESK]
Players
27 posts
3,094 battles

Had a small Problem wenn you dive with you submarine under a Ship that sinks you can get shortly stuck there
Small suggestion let Subs bounce back from the Ships so they can´t get trapped.

[-FIN-]
[-FIN-]
Beta Tester
47 posts
8,346 battles

Send your Submarine Commander to reserve and you can't get it back to ship from there and you can't recruit  a new either. @Crysantos Can you fix so i can get back playing  round 1 of 7.10

bug.jpg

Same thing is for all the Halloween Captains not just for sub.

Players
380 posts

Torpedo Armament Expertise didn't improve the torpedo reload time of the Barracuda; 50 seconds with and without, so either the skill needs adjusting to work or it needs a "don't choose this" overlay.

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,870 battles

When existing after playing a Barracuda game, got a critical error message and the game would not shut down, unable to get screenshot at time 

Only played the one Barracuda match today at 19:10 

Players
4 posts
4,597 battles

i was playing the halloween cruiser in the scenario to seal the gate so enemies couldnt chase transylvania anymore
i had just sunk the gorgon and passed 1.2m damage but after that my guns went bananas and scattered shells everywhere while the reload/heal skill was active
i could not do much for the duration of the skill except radar and hope nothing spawned near me

[HNFC]
Players
71 posts
6,181 battles

1. Description

The mission descriptions on the website and on the PTS have HUGE differences between them. So, which is legit? I'm guessing that the PTS screenshot is... But you never know. 

2. Reproduction steps

1. Read news on website.

2. Log in to PTS.
3. Open the events tab

4. Read event #1's description.

3. Result

When you observe the differences between the website and PTS mission list, you may experience confusion.

4. Expected result

The missions stated on the website should be in accordance to those ingame, and vice versa.

5. Technical details

Two images, speaking for themselves: 

On website:

mission.thumb.png.88d072ea9764b9be8229ee8d62b66731.png

On PTS:

shot-18_09.28_22_03.11-0123.thumb.jpg.e0e7dffd6d978080bcce926cedb669c7.jpg

Requesting clarification! 

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
6,077 battles

1. Description: Cruiser Svyatozar's guns do not fire at locked target, but all shell are flying toward random directions

2. Reproduction steps: Play this ship in 'Sun ray in the darkness' operation. I do not know exactly what triggered this problem. In one game I just played, it happened twice. Both time the guns started to work normally after about 30 second. 

3. Result: Please see the attached screen-shot. I drew red circle around my shells to better illustrate what happened.

4. Expected result: I expect my guns to not works as fireworks:).

shot-18.09.28_22.54.54-0217_annotated.jpg

Players
4 posts
4,597 battles
1 hour ago, tamagotchi said:

1. Description: Cruiser Svyatozar's guns do not fire at locked target, but all shell are flying toward random directions

2. Reproduction steps: Play this ship in 'Sun ray in the darkness' operation. I do not know exactly what triggered this problem. In one game I just played, it happened twice. Both time the guns started to work normally after about 30 second. 

3. Result: Please see the attached screen-shot. I drew red circle around my shells to better illustrate what happened.

this was my problem too, i believe it has something to do with the reload skill bugging the guns somehow

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts

When in waiting queue, right after MM is done with putting players together, but before battle starts loading - weird sounds are played for short period of time - 2/3 sec.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,665 posts
8,282 battles

1. Description

Unable to ready up in Horrors from the Deep Blue Sea Operation after playing it in barracuda and getting a new order

2. Reproduction steps

Unable to reproduce, second time it worked as normal. But after playing the Operation for the first time, I was in a div with four clan mates. I could NOT click the ready button, with no error message or anything, despite obtaining an order for the barracuda. My three clan mates had the same problem.

3. Result

I was div commander, so I exited the div, started a new one. I was then still unable to ready up, even on my own. I switched to random, selected an approriate ship, readied up, then switched back to the Deep Blue Sea operation, selected the Barracuda, readied up as normal, then invited all my clan mates, who were now also able to ready up again.

4. Expected result

That you can ready up for an OP when you have a ship that a) meets the requirements and b) has not been used for an arbitrary amount of time or that you have spend needless credits on obtaining a new order (please get rid of this mechanism entirely, thankyouverymuch).

5. Technical details

It was earlier this afternoon, about an hour ago

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,665 posts
8,282 battles

1. Description

Crash after finishing a game

2. Reproduction steps

Not going to try and reproduce that one, but all I did was exit the game. I did play a game with barracuda, so it could be the same thing as posted earlier by @pzkpfwz1d

3. Result

I got an error sound, a black screen, a revolving cursor, an error message, and a complete inability to switch to any other view, so I was unable to take a meaningful screenshot.

4. Expected result

Being able to exit the game without any shenanigans.

5. Technical details

Happened 18:24 CEST, Windows 7, Nvidia GTX 960 with updated drivers. I do have a .crash and a .dmp file, but they are not allowed as attachments and the latter is huge, over 2 GB. Message me if you want me to upload it, because I don't know what is meant by: 'if you encounter this error' in the OP.

[8BIT]
[8BIT]
Players
95 posts

1. Description

Screen freeze and crash to desktop after plating Operation

2. Reproduction steps

Play until operation complete

3. Result

screen freeze before results, then windows critical error sound, only exit from this was ALT+F4, game closed

4. Expected result

Being able to exit the game without any shenanigans.

5. Technical details

Crash Dump files zipped but connot upload.

PC Spec:

Gygabyte 970-DS3P mainboard

12GB ram

Geforce GTX 1050Ti

game installed on 250gig SSD

Players
18 posts
9,892 battles

The ship carousal filter does not have an option for filtering for subs. You can select the other ship types as before, but there is no checkbox for just showing submarines.

• Cool 1

Players
140 posts
6,511 battles

1. Description

Trying to login onto PTS, after typing the password and pressing 'Enter' got a message 'wrong password or account'

Tried to retype the password but the whole login froze after which I pressed ctrl+alt+del to get task manager:

'WoWS test not responding' and the following:

image.thumb.png.c445e8f5f5afdcde50e0fc03f465081e.png

Players
1,962 posts
5,895 battles
On 28-9-2018 at 8:59 PM, Sexy_Nightmare said:

i was playing the halloween cruiser in the scenario to seal the gate so enemies couldnt chase transylvania anymore
i had just sunk the gorgon and passed 1.2m damage but after that my guns went bananas and scattered shells everywhere while the reload/heal skill was active
i could not do much for the duration of the skill except radar and hope nothing spawned near me

On 29-9-2018 at 12:05 AM, tamagotchi said:

I just encountered this bug.

I think it happens when you have the reload booster activated and am targetting either Gorgon or Rasputin. Accuracy was normal after I had deselected either target and I could hit Gorgon like normal.

This doesn't seem to affect any of the other ships, only the 2 bosses.

5bb0dbe7a9dad_locked-booster-buggedaccuracy.thumb.jpg.b9dfd68035f2a3d9f6258a428be15e98.jpg5bb0dbeace55a_notlocked-booster-normaldispersion.thumb.jpg.8c909bd4761d3e1155368a24ca73625b.jpg

I'm attaching a replay where I tested this while in the game, zoomed in and zoomed out.

Torps seemed unaffected.

It seemed like some accuracy overflow or something? As if the bosses had a camo with +9000% dispersion to enemies shooting at them or something :Smile-_tongue:

20180930_160010_PXSC003-Pr-68-Chapaev-H2017_e02_Halloween_2017.wowsreplay

edit: The bug reappeared when sailing Urashima in the hardmode Sunray in the Darkness.

This time I was Urashima in the Filth and attacking Gorgon with my guns (shells went everywhere again). The odd thing was that afterwards attacking Rasputin (who happened to be still alive after Gorgon was killed) I could lock onto Rasputin and the accuracy of my guns was normal.

Replay attached.

20181001_043237_PXSD003-Kagero-H2017_e02_Halloween_2017.wowsreplay

Edited by NothingButTheRain

Players
18 posts
3,882 battles

1. Description

Issue withe filth on the sun ray in the darkness operation

2. Reproduction steps

Launch the mission   'Sun ray in the darkness  and either magnus or svyatozar and place you at the limit of the filth circle

3. Result

As you see on the picture you take damage from the filth before reaching the zone.

Iimage.thumb.png.3dbb746fb48dec253eb944f7f5bca31d.png

image.thumb.png.558865bef8fcfce7cb2b8e191ab34d6e.png
4. Expected result

No damage outside the filth zone

• Boring 1

[BOOBS]
Players
2 posts
1,312 battles

1. Description

When i click on contacts i get a message as shown in the image and when i click on divisions i get a message as shown in the other image.
And yet when in games i see others in divisions. Am i the only one or this normal cause i know you can still enter a division when in a game but the division menu don't apear.

2. Reproduction steps

Open the contacts and division menu in port.

3. Result

Cannot play with others.

4. Expected result

A list of my contacts and others looking for a division.

5. Technical details

None.

If you encounter this error, please reply.

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Players
3 posts
322 battles

Im unable to log in to the test server it keeps saying I don't have an account or that my email address does not have an account, but I can log in to the live game no problems.

Yesterday and this morning could not log in because the test server was having problems now apparently it thinks I don't have an account at all..

[DE-FS]
Players
237 posts
7,230 battles

operation 5 star completed , 

but no reward, 

+ still announcing like not completed.

bg1.JPG

bg.JPG

• Cool 1