Sign in to follow this  
gyrostabilizer

Those who are farming Des Moines. Des Moines is advanced Cleveland

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
46 posts
2,829 battles

Hi, got Des Moines played few battles. Those who are farming for Des Moines , know that you will get advanced Cleveland. It is the same ship. Same looks. Of course in every way better. But gameplay is exactly like Cleveland (not counting in radar).

Which puzzles me a little because now Cleveland is on Light Cruisers branch and Des Moines is crown of Heavy Cruisers. So on the top of heavy cruisers branch... you will get very advanced ... light.. cruiser that you saw before at Tier 6 and now on Tier 8.

So if you loved Cleveland you will love Des Moines if you didn't ... likely you wont like this either. It's a same ship just very much improved for Tier 10 battles.

6 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
13,692 posts
10,394 battles

This is not really a question....

This two ships are different enough. DM can be effective at longer range, Cleveland not.

DM has more options for AP and her captains should know them. Her AP can work wonders vs BB.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,227 posts
5,868 battles

Not even close...it's exactly like the guys above said. I like des moines and hate cleveland, because cleveland isn't usable at longer ranges, nor can it citadel stuff like the CA line can

[SCRUB]
Players
6,949 posts
9,129 battles

As has been noted, the difference in sheer damage potential that the Des Moines provides over the Cleveland is worlds apart. Those 203mm SH AP can citadel cruisers out to basically maximum range and seriously put the hurt on BBs that aren't angling enough, something a Cleveland can only dream of.

Likewise the gun arrangement makes the Des Moines much more dangerous in a push or bow-on defensive position compared to a Cleveland.

Players
25 posts
7,360 battles
On 27/09/2018 at 2:56 PM, gyrostabilizer said:

But gameplay is exactly like Cleveland (not counting in radar).

If you're playing them the same, you're doing something wrong. They take up similar positions behind cover granted, but their playstyle is slightly different due the DM's amazing AP and extra tanking ability. 

On 27/09/2018 at 2:56 PM, gyrostabilizer said:

So if you loved Cleveland you will love Des Moines if you didn't ... likely you wont like this either. It's a same ship just very much improved for Tier 10 battles.

From what i've heard/seen. Most people prefer the DM over the Cleveland. I enjoyed the Cleveland but not on the level of the DM. The Cleveland is just too squishy in comparison and the AP is nowhere near as fearsome.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,813 posts
6,440 battles

DM is a buffed up Baltimore. Same gun, but tankier, great AA and half the reload.

Cleveland is a mini-Worcester. I find it completely OP at tier 8, but the playstyle isn't the same as DM at all.

Sign in to follow this