Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FishDogFoodShack

Islands of Ice redesign: total garbage

53 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
1,907 posts
7,317 battles

Am i alone when i say that i would love to see a map with an actively erupting vulcano ?

Have the snow effect only as ashes and a magma flow into the sea causing steam so many interesting things could be done.

Instead we get a lot of maps that all are similar to one another.

At the least they need to work on using dynamic weather more so there is more visual variation.

• Cool 1

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
534 posts
11,121 battles
2 hours ago, piet11111 said:

Am i alone when i say that i would love to see a map with an actively erupting vulcano ?

Have the snow effect only as ashes and a magma flow into the sea causing steam so many interesting things could be done.

Instead we get a lot of maps that all are similar to one another.

At the least they need to work on using dynamic weather more so there is more visual variation.

I made the exact same proposal some time ago :cap_wander::

Need an idea? How about a Vulcan map? With some lava, smoke, boiling water, maybe reduced visibility, max view range 15 km. Just give us something INTERESTING to play on. Better than to waste your map design team on a space map that is only used for a few days.

I mean those Halloween event maps and effects look awesome, the can do it if they want.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,367 posts
2,939 battles
On 27/09/2018 at 4:18 PM, Riselotte said:

Evolution kind of implies something to get better, not worse.

... No, it does not.
Evolution implies time. It's not a change, it's a serie of change over a long time. In this case, it's referred to the evolution of the Map as a whole, since it was reworked no less than 4 times in the history of the game.

Evolution is just a serie of change, it does not imply anything about them being good or bad.

And, indeed, seeing the response on the topic you linked, people apparently feel it evolved for the worst.

[AONO]
[AONO]
Players
3 posts
17,845 battles

From the few games I've played on this map, it reminds me Mountain Range. It does not feel uncomfortable to play, but I do believe some more variety would be nice. It is descent , but having the feeling I played this map again the first time I played it was kind of troubling.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,385 posts
12,087 battles

I think in a way all maps are basically the same. a few islands behind which the HE spammers are laying down, waiting for someone to pewpew upon, other big islands where the BB's are parking and that's basically it. The only map in which no side/ class has any (dis)advantage has been whined nearly away: Ocean. Though I can't back it up with empirical evidence I suspect the HE spammers are to blame for that.

So I don't really care how much they change it. Basically it's the same for me anyway.

• Cool 1

Players
5,268 posts
10,269 battles
3 hours ago, ChessMaster said:

From the few games I've played on this map, it reminds me Mountain Range. It does not feel uncomfortable to play, but I do believe some more variety would be nice. It is descent , but having the feeling I played this map again the first time I played it was kind of troubling.

There's now Mountain Range (which I do not like), Tears of the Desert (of which I like the visuals more then the gameplay) and now this new map, which is basically the same again.

I think this map is somewhat better then Mountain Range (but it's also newer so I might change my opinion about it soon) but all 3 combined are a bit too much and I see them too often.

At the very least I'd like to see these 3 maps reduced in how often they appear in matchmaking.

Of the high tier maps, virtually any other map is more fun to me.

9 hours ago, LastButterfly said:

... No, it does not.
Evolution implies time. It's not a change, it's a serie of change over a long time. In this case, it's referred to the evolution of the Map as a whole, since it was reworked no less than 4 times in the history of the game.

Evolution is just a serie of change, it does not imply anything about them being good or bad.

And, indeed, seeing the response on the topic you linked, people apparently feel it evolved for the worst.

Usually evolution will be a good thing. Usually :Smile-_tongue:

Beta Tester
4,298 posts
17,650 battles
On 29.9.2018 at 8:16 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

What are BBabies anyway? And how do they ruin your battles?

What is a BaBBy:

• Player that almost exclusively play BBs
  • Winrate < 50% (usually WAY below 50%)
  • loves to do a lot of Boom-Boom from maximum range or to "kemp bush" slowly moving forward from behind an island to shoot, then backpedalling in cover again
  • rarely gets close to a cap unless there is no need for it but he has one of his rare YOLO moments
  • often shoots HE exclusively, even at broadsided enemy BBs
  • has no idea what "angling your ship" means
  • has no clue of tactics but loves following the herd of other BaBBies to create a useless lemming run, that of course fails as soon as more than one enemy ship shows up, as none of the BaBBies would risc to have his paintjob scratched due to being sure that taking damage raises the repair bill...

They usually ruin my games by their incompetence to support and their utter inability to do anything useful in game. If all BaBBies would suddenly quit the game, the average player IQ would probably go up for at least 10 points, finally reaching 80 or so. The number of BBs per battle would suddenly drop to only 3. Many battles would be a lot closer fights, instead of all those wipe-outs we see now. T10 battles would be only half as boring as they are now...

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Players
4,215 posts
7,592 battles
17 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

What is a BaBBy:

You forgot:

• whines on the forum about how OP [insert typical BBaby whine here] is and demands it's nerfed immediately;
  • then WG listens to them.
  • Cool 3

[H_FAN]
Players
2,357 posts
34,324 battles
On 2018-09-29 at 10:46 AM, Skyllon said:

You must be greatest employee ever. :Smile_teethhappy:

It is true though, most high tier maps feel very similiar and if you play since release - they are boring at this point.

There should be low tier maps added to poll of high tier maps - thing I said long time ago.

Why "Two Brothers" almost never appears in T8-10?

Why there is no "Big race" or "Archipelago" on mid to high tiers? That would be fun.

True, I like that idea, there are some low tier maps that easily could be increased just in size.

Ocean could be used also in mid tiers, very seldom naturally.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,171 posts
12,352 battles
On 27.9.2018 at 7:05 PM, Aotearas said:

Not quite sure how I feel about the rework.

One one hand, so many islands for radar ships to hide behind close to objectives. On the other hand, so many islands for the other ships to hide behind in case of radar. Should make for a very static gameplay of "who blinks first", but the one game I've played on the map so far ended up with me capping the central objective in a Conqueror, so~ ...

The problem is usally you look down 2 caps with 1 radar and nodody has teh balls who do anything and once  teh side who lost  less ships on teh flanks come around and blap teh radar ships in 2 salvos at point blank range. not much change just i feel tehy decreased cap sizes so that stealthy dds cant really play aoround with killing more visible gunboats away with teamsuport and you have aditonal fire coridors making losing some hp while trying to get into a hug island radar position more posible...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,300 posts
14,154 battles
11 hours ago, Gnirf said:

True, I like that idea, there are some low tier maps that easily could be increased just in size.

Ocean could be used also in mid tiers, very seldom naturally.

Without increasing the size. Just as they are, so BBs had no way of...

...running away. :Smile_trollface:

Only way is forward.

Players
322 posts
9,766 battles
16 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

T10 battles would be only half as boring as they are now...

How do you know they're boring?

Untitled.thumb.png.ce8bbfcfc35f27a8822c90f4d349cec3.png

You haven't played a single T10 battle...

16 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:
  • Player that almost exclusively play BBs
  • Winrate < 50% (usually WAY below 50%)
  • loves to do a lot of Boom-Boom from maximum range or to "kemp bush" slowly moving forward from behind an island to shoot, then backpedalling in cover again
  • rarely gets close to a cap unless there is no need for it but he has one of his rare YOLO moments
  • often shoots HE exclusively, even at broadsided enemy BBs
  • has no idea what "angling your ship" means
  • has no clue of tactics but loves following the herd of other BaBBies to create a useless lemming run, that of course fails as soon as more than one enemy ship shows up, as none of the BaBBies would risc to have his paintjob scratched due to being sure that taking damage raises the repair bill...

It's easy to think that this is the norm for BB behaviour, when you only play in T5/T6.

On the topic: The new design of the map is strange, but not necessary in a bad way. The new version of North/Northern Lights, well this is bad design.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,939 posts
11,069 battles
4 hours ago, OTECa1 said:

It's easy to think that this is the norm for BB behaviour, when you only play in T5/T6.

Does my voice count then? I reinforce everything stated and can tell you right of the bag I would have used far less  ........ "flattering" terms to describe our playerbases avg. BB player.

Plus the players on the midtiers are not even half as horrible as those found in the highest bracket; yes not even the german BB players like Bayern or König because the ones remaining playing those are probably just grinding the line instead of ..... you you know "Codename: Tirpitz/Bismarck".

Players
322 posts
9,766 battles
27 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Does my voice count then? I reinforce everything stated and can tell you right of the bag I would have used far less  ........ "flattering" terms to describe our playerbases avg. BB player.

Plus the players on the midtiers are not even half as horrible as those found in the highest bracket; yes not even the german BB players like Bayern or König because the ones remaining playing those are probably just grinding the line instead of ..... you you know "Codename: Tirpitz/Bismarck".

I can say the same for the avg. DD player... but I dont, becous this thread is not for BB/DD/CA play... it's for the map. But some ppl dont miss the point to flame they're favorite victime... 

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,939 posts
11,069 battles
37 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

I can say the same for the avg. DD player... but I dont, becous this thread is not for BB/DD/CA play... it's for the map. But some ppl dont miss the point to flame they're favorite victime... 

The avg. DD player is also pretty retarded - comes from (some) BB players occasionally trying other classes.

a. CV - "predictable" results .......

b. Cruisers - dead, immediately or "no range".

c. DD - living way longer than in a cruiser because camo/durability but still pretty retárded and either quite useless at the border or suiciding immediately.

Recently we had 5 DDs - clearly not enough for a 3-cap-map. Said DDs were so "great" that around 5-8 minutes in only 2 enemy ships were spotted. Still, DDs die. Battlefucks dont. Getting undeserved caps/damage is much harder in a DD than in a BB.

So all in all the biggest problem of the game are CVs - thankfully they are not that common (tough rates are rising) - just like a very malignant and rare type of disease. Its not harmless, its just rare ........ like male breast cancer compared to other types. What broke the back for CVs was that they were the first "true" op p2w "premium ship" used to merciless club everyone and earn captain massive xp and and creds on the side. You should ofc be able to do that - but only for a fee you gotta pay WG for those premiums and not with a peasant ship. Thats what Saipan, Enterprise, Kaga and GZ are for - but they were introduced much later.

Then you have the next widespread disease - the battleship playerbase and the devs brown nosing them. Truly a proctologist has less ásses in his face than whats WG has done over the past few years with BB.  So what BB "lack" in influence over CVs - they make up for numbers of fucktards and magnitude of incompetency/cowardness. 5 or more OP battlefucks per side without citadels for years? Buff! Not a problem! Its only temporarely! More "fake" cruiser-BBs!

4 DDs per side in a fluke? OMG we need to cap this!

DDs pretty retarded too. More influential than battletards even, but unlike those ...... DDs can die - horribly. And OP battlefucks do have a large share in that situation. A shitcruiser causing 10 HE hits for 4 k damage? Bítch please, its the BB that cause 5+ k with 2 "overpens" and 15 on a "solid salvo" thats the problem.

Cruisers - when was the last time you thought: Oh god those cruisers are rétarded - and then drove around the map happily for 15 more minutes? Bad cruise rplayers die, good cruiser players also die - maybe a little later but all in all this is the shittiest, most vulnerable and least influential class in the entire game. The last thing they were supposed to be good at, AA, they cant do because even the likes of DesMoines get oneshotted through max. specced Def. AA by Sky Cancer. Best you can hope for is to throw you ship away killing anything else on the other team as everything is more valuable than a cruiser. Like getting 2 DDs killed in your Chapa before getting inevitably  blasted .......

So yeah, you cant (usually) shake you head about the fucktards in cruisers on your side because usually they are dead and punished long ago - or rightfully cant do anything because of their BB/DDs - completely overshadowing them in terms of retardation.

Lastly: Doesnt matter how bad the remaining 1-3 cruiser players are ........ they are just 1-3 cruiser players.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,357 posts
34,324 battles
1 hour ago, havaduck said:

I play my König a lot, she is the T5 BB for me. 17 p captain and counting.

Beta Tester
4,298 posts
17,650 battles
On 1.10.2018 at 12:37 PM, OTECa1 said:

How do you know they're boring?

Untitled.thumb.png.ce8bbfcfc35f27a8822c90f4d349cec3.png

You haven't played a single T10 battle...

That is the number of Battles by my Warship tier... Yes, I ain't got a T10 ship (yet), but I get in T10 battles all the time with my T8 and T9 ships... so maybe check fact before posting ox-feces :cap_cool:

And yes, I prefer to play in mid-tier. Mostly because BB players there aren't usually as toxicly dumb as at the highest tiers. Makes it quite frustrating to do all those "use at least a T8 ship" missions, when one get's handed a team of full potatoes in T10 ships...

Players
322 posts
9,766 battles
6 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

And yes, I prefer to play in mid-tier. Mostly because BB players there aren't usually as toxicly dumb as at the highest tiers.

So it has nothing to do with seal-clubbing and avoiding all mechanics that need higher skill cap???

Beta Tester
4,298 posts
17,650 battles
12 hours ago, OTECa1 said:

So it has nothing to do with seal-clubbing and avoiding all mechanics that need higher skill cap???

As there's very few seals around mid tier - or even low tier - it's more sealclubber-clubbing. Whenever a ranked season is going on, you can see many players from rank 10 to 1 playing in mid tier to relax a bit and get away from the ranked battle potatoes.

And it also has been confirmed - I think - that the next ranked season will be for T5, probably because many people asked for it.

And please enlighten me, what the "higher skill cap" in high tier is supposed to be. I mostly encounter potatoes there, who don't have a clue of tactics or mechanics and got to T10 by throwing money at WG for T8 premiums to gather Free-exp to get their holy grail T10 ships... Knowledge of game mechanics is also optional for most high tier players... most try to do without. Most often those who drive around in BBs

I know, players who mostly play their T10 ships want to see themselves as the elite of WoWs. Some are actually quite good. A few even impressive. But most players on T10 are not a bit better than those playing at mid-tier (for different reasons). Too bad that the ships offer them the chance to stay far away from the enemy, which leads to many island-hugging-and-hop-to-not-get-hit battles, which I find extremely boring. And I try to avoid boring battles, so I only do the minimal amount needed to do the T8+ missions.

I don't expect You to understand that. And I have to admit, I don't really give a flying eff if you do or not.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
322 posts
9,766 battles
Spoiler

Well I understand that playing the broken Kamikaze R is easier then Shimakaze or Gearing, but I don't gett the fun of farming ppl in Kongos/Konigsbers/New Yorks, while they sail in straight line, trying to snipe from max range and spam nothing but HE at everything, because they play the game from less then 2 hours (to max 5 days), but maybe that's just me. I like the challenge, a team of potatoes is also a challenge and carrying them in T8-10 game is more satisfying experience, then clubbing seals for 400-600 battles in T5 IJN (premium and silver) DDs.

I also don't expect you to understand that, the "BBaby are the source of all problems" mantra is STRONK in you. And I also don't care if you do or not. But it will be a interesting if the main pray for your Kamikaze R - BBs, start to use "WASD" more and stop playing like potatoes... how will you enjoy then game then?

Beta Tester
4,298 posts
17,650 battles
12 hours ago, OTECa1 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well I understand that playing the broken Kamikaze R is easier then Shimakaze or Gearing, but I don't gett the fun of farming ppl in Kongos/Konigsbers/New Yorks, while they sail in straight line, trying to snipe from max range and spam nothing but HE at everything, because they play the game from less then 2 hours (to max 5 days), but maybe that's just me. I like the challenge, a team of potatoes is also a challenge and carrying them in T8-10 game is more satisfying experience, then clubbing seals for 400-600 battles in T5 IJN (premium and silver) DDs.

I also don't expect you to understand that, the "BBaby are the source of all problems" mantra is STRONK in you. And I also don't care if you do or not. But it will be a interesting if the main pray for your Kamikaze R - BBs, start to use "WASD" more and stop playing like potatoes... how will you enjoy then game then?

Seems You don't really know that much about the low/mid-tier game.

Real newbies get newbie protection, so they don't have to face nasty sealclubbers like me until they could at least know the basics.

And as I already mentioned, the number of non-newbies in low and mid tier is larger than the number of more or less new players. The assembled shown ranks from ranked battles prove that. I've seen even Rank 1 players in mid tier.. and more than once.

And there's quite a lot of fun to be had when you enter a battle with your Kamikaze, just to see that you are the low tier DD in a T7 battle or getting in a battle with some other Kamikaze or Gremlin or any of those "must have been playing since beta since the ships aren't available anymore" players.

And yes, when BBs use WASD hack games get a lot more interesting. Too bad so many of them haven't learned to do that even at T10...

[BBMM]
Players
4,593 posts
5,489 battles
23 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I know, players who mostly play their T10 ships want to see themselves as the elite of WoWs. Some are actually quite good. A few even impressive. But most players on T10 are not a bit better than those playing at mid-tier (for different reasons). Too bad that the ships offer them the chance to stay far away from the enemy, which leads to many island-hugging-and-hop-to-not-get-hit battles, which I find extremely boring. And I try to avoid boring battles, so I only do the minimal amount needed to do the T8+ missions.

I don't expect You to understand that. And I have to admit, I don't really give a flying eff if you do or not.

This part. Lovely. If I ever meet you online I send you a load of good karma. :Smile_medal:

But since this is about the map. how about MOVING icebergs? I know they can do it.

It would not even be that hard. WG can do transport ships, the icebergs just have to be a bit bigger. 

Imagine the face of an islandhugging tunnelviewer when he discovers his beloved island has just divorced him.

C'mon I know you'll like it. And T10 deserves it. 

• Cool 2

[L2TW]
Players
126 posts
10,611 battles

The new map might be nice to play in competetive (KotS/Clan wars) but i don't enjoy it much in Randoms. I liked the old version and would prefer having both of them in the map pool for Randoms.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this