Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FishDogFoodShack

Islands of Ice redesign: total garbage

53 comments in this topic

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

It baffles me how totally this map has managed to be ruined. All you needed to do WG was fix the two bigass [edited]islands that cut A off from the rest of the map, and instead you've decided to emulate the worst maps in the game in the form of Mountain Pass and old Tears of the Cruisers to create some new hybrid monstrosity. The center of the map is absolute suicide to try to hold, and if you even can get there before getting blapped, you can only do so by dry-humping the islands and not contributing otherwise. The ONLY viable way to play this map now is to go whole ham in either A or C. Even if it weren't for the gameplay faults, the map just plain looks like crap. A spseudo-symmetrical mess that looks fake and plays fake.

God I wish I worked for you, then I could get paid for doing absolutely nothing worthwhile, and constantly dropping the ball.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

I disagree, maybe the new is not perfect but I found the old one worse.

1 hour ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

God I wish I worked for you, then I could get paid for doing absolutely nothing worthwhile, and constantly dropping the ball.

Why are you playing the game if you don't like anything they are developing?

Maybe you should try to maintain a measured tone in your words.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[AS13]
Players
1,179 posts
1,567 battles

I think if they REALLY did 'islands of ice' they should make them float around. 

And it should be a Tier 1-4 map with plenty of seals on that ice (clubbing, ya know...)!

• Funny 1

[5D]
Players
232 posts
10,446 battles

It just seems like a generic map to me, pretty meh all round. Though im weird and want old islands of ice with all the small islands back!

• Bad 1

Players
289 posts
812 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

The votes however seem to point out, that they see evolution like this:

image.jpeg.3b46915213d8536bbfb4d9a93abd781f.jpeg

I imagined the human saying that in an angry gordan ramsay voice lol

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,942 posts
9,129 battles

Not quite sure how I feel about the rework.

One one hand, so many islands for radar ships to hide behind close to objectives. On the other hand, so many islands for the other ships to hide behind in case of radar. Should make for a very static gameplay of "who blinks first", but the one game I've played on the map so far ended up with me capping the central objective in a Conqueror, so~ ...

[SNUBS]
[SNUBS]
Beta Tester, Players
459 posts
4,696 battles

i want the OG asymmetrical islands of ice back. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,621 posts
9,132 battles
52 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I've played on the map so far ended up with me capping the central objective in a Conqueror, so~ ...

The universe exists for roughly 14 bilions years - and never have occurred these words in a row - and so it shall remain for another 14 billion years unless the next non-rétarded Monqueror player comes along. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 6

[-HUN-]
Players
645 posts
7,834 battles
4 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I haven't played high tier cruisers enough to get their impressions on the map.

But, interestingly the reception on NA seems to be... Evolution kind of implies something to get better, not worse.

I wouldn't ask the opinion of those who created this monstrosity...

Spoiler

tenor.gif

53 minutes ago, havaduck said:

The universe exists for roughly 14 bilions years - and never have occurred these words in a row - and so it shall remain for another 14 billion years unless the next non-rétarded Monqueror player comes along. :Smile_trollface:

You know we live in a big universe, anything can happen.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=8421222

Beta Tester
3,674 posts
12,847 battles
On 27.9.2018 at 4:18 PM, Riselotte said:

But, interestingly the reception on NA seems to be... Evolution kind of implies something to get better, not worse.

Yeppers, first version was the best... I loved sneaking through those islands in the corner with a DD, just to get ambushed by an enemy DD or manage to ambush him...

Now it's just... BaBBy Convenience all over again... so those poor little T9/T10 BaBBies don't overload their fly-size brains... :cap_cool:

• Boring 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
On 9/27/2018 at 4:18 PM, Riselotte said:

No, "evolution" implies slow incremental changes. Whether something evolves in the direction you want it to is another thing entirely.

Also, as for NA reception... very few people voted there but 78% believe that the best was the first version. And the rest of the votes are divided between the other three versions in a way where the newer the map, the less people believe it to be the best version :Smile-_tongue:

[HF_30]
Players
1,291 posts

For some reason this new version seems to induce severe capping allergy in DDs. Really not sure why, but it's the worst cases I've seen in a long while. Not sure how the meta on this map will develop, but I really dislike how artificial it looks on the minimap.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,873 posts
On 27/09/2018 at 2:06 PM, FishDogFoodShack said:

You must be greatest employee ever. :Smile_teethhappy:

It is true though, most high tier maps feel very similiar and if you play since release - they are boring at this point.

There should be low tier maps added to poll of high tier maps - thing I said long time ago.

Why "Two Brothers" almost never appears in T8-10?

Why there is no "Big race" or "Archipelago" on mid to high tiers? That would be fun.

• Cool 1

Players
2,018 posts
5,926 battles
15 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Yeppers, first version was the best... I loved sneaking through those islands in the corner with a DD, just to get ambushed by an enemy DD or manage to ambush him...

Now it's just... BaBBy Convenience all over again... so those poor little T9/T10 BaBBies don't overload their fly-size brains... :cap_cool:

I would've loved to play that very old version :Smile_great:(and would prefer WG spend the same time they spend in changing maps, to create new maps).

I'm not getting your BBaby comment though, it's just being childish and kinda ruins your post.

• Cool 1

Players
1,578 posts
3,385 battles

old map even looked better, the current islands seem all the same...but what was wrong with A being cut off? that always brought some variable into decision making and possible twist afterwards. now it is just shooting all over the map. it is basically just ocean map but with some cover for dds

not that i would say that ocean map is bad. it is good for what it is (but thankfully you dont see it much often). same as maze-like designs with interesting plot twists are also needed. but this new map has no "personality"

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,674 posts
12,847 battles
6 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm not getting your BBaby comment though, it's just being childish and kinda ruins your post.

Well, that's what BaBBies do for me... be childish and ruin my battles :cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[AS13]
Players
1,179 posts
1,567 battles

SO far the problem is that most 'capture points' are all sort of in the middle.

I can think of some maps that would have nutty effects, maybe we should do a thread on it.

As in 'post your map suggestions', and most voted one gets made.

@MrConway would that be a nice idea?

You'd need to set some limits though (size, height, number of caps and such).

BTW I could draw one up in 3DSmax if needed, but I dunno what the format needs to be.

Players
2,018 posts
5,926 battles
40 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Well, that's what BaBBies do for me... be childish and ruin my battles :cap_cool:

What are BBabies anyway? And how do they ruin your battles?

• Boring 1

Players
364 posts
4,549 battles

Not feeling this map at all. Just feels like the whole map is a condensed version of the previous C cap. Hard to find someone who doesn't pull a Notser every 20 seconds...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
7,359 battles

Terrible map. Islands are too cold now and even water is too wet for sailing like a boss

• Funny 1

Players
2,018 posts
5,926 battles

I don't think this map is bad per se, but I wouldn't want more of these types of maps and I'd prefer the old version of the map to remain in the game. Why not both?

There's plenty complaints about not enough maps being in the game and the old version added something unique to the game.

Sign in to follow this