You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
B010011A

Do you think WG should introduce&create new maps and stop over-making the existing ones?

Do you think WG should introduce&create new maps and stop over-making the existing ones?   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that WG should've actually introduced more maps?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I'd rather play the existing ones over and over again.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. What are your thoughts on WG remaking existing maps?

• I like having maps that are similar to each other
    • I don't like maps that are similar to each other.
    • I'd like to have more maps to play
    • I don't care.
  3. 3. Do you think that WG should focus on creating more maps?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • There are more important things for WG to work on.
    • I don't care.
  4. 4. How important is for you to have a bigger variety on maps to play? (Scale from 10 [the most] - 1 [the less].

31 comments in this topic

[T_D_G]
Players
361 posts
7,982 battles

Hello fellow captains, i'd like to ask you what do you think about the lack of introduction of maps in World Of warships with this poll. It came to my mind by the time that after 7K games I am starting to get tired of the same maps and i think WG should do the effort on creating new maps, and keep introducing new maps all the time. This game is supposed to be evolving patch by patch and update by update and i think WG has left a bit forgotten the map creation.

I know from other games that other companies allow fans and people that love their games the opportunity to create maps and doing polls to see which one is great and playerbase would like to play, then be introduced into the game (like WG did with some camoes that were created by players and introduced into the game). 

Maybe our playerbase is more focused on new game modes and premium ships or lines that are going to be introduced and I feel that the map creation and introduction was a bit forgotten.

Thank you for the time you'll take on answering the poll and i hope it's easy to understand by everyone cause english language is not my main language.

• Cool 5

Players
560 posts

Totally agree. It's not like maps take a long time to design. They don't need a lot of theming. Unlike that Tanks game.

You could even have a random map generator, a la Transport Tycoon.

Playing the same maps over and over and over again is boring, boring, boring.

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
109 posts
6,070 battles

To design a map that is not completely symmetrical yet also does not favour a particular side is not as easy as it sounds. That being said, the maps do start to feel repetitive now. Thus I would actually recommend a compromise of creating alternative themes for existing maps (such as north vs. northern light).

[T_D_G]
Players
38 posts
4,260 battles

I also think that new maps could be nice, but dont expect it yet with the new cv rework and submarine, but u can bet they will add some in the future ^^ lets wait for it mate ;)

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
152 posts
4,301 battles

Your poll questions are crap.
The changes they bring to the existing maps were needed and are aimed into somewhat solving the retard bb sniping meta (that has been going on since forever).
So, yes we need more maps and yes they should keep improving the old ones.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,040 posts
13,957 battles

First they need to delete:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT2v7JRrABamt3v2mFYI4

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,301 posts
13,551 battles

Don't really mind improvements on existing maps. So far they have been good, but "Moar Maps" is always on the top of my wishlist anyways. :cap_haloween:

[TENGO]
Players
1,452 posts
8,132 battles

B-but... where is the financial reward for WG to do that? Spewing out ships is way more rewarding in that regard :Smile_sceptic:

Anyway, of course you are right and there should be an effort into more maps. I'm quite amazed not seeing more topics like this.

And it isn't a question of either-either. New maps should be added, as well as old ones improved, to give one side as less as an advantage as possible or just to make them enjoyable (which a lot just aren't).

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
557 posts
10,458 battles

And then there's me hoping they bring back the oldest version of Islands of Ice.. 

• Cool 2

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster
3,631 posts
13,130 battles
8 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

And then there's me hoping they bring back the oldest BEST version of Islands of Ice.. 

FTFY

• Cool 5
  • Angry 1

[_XII_]
Players
257 posts
2,304 battles

Of course I want knew maps. Why not? But the question is what kind of maps. Currently there over 30 maps in game.  And if the new maps are only a variation of the current ones. I would say don't bother.

I personally missing on night battles (like scen Cherry Blossom) and more weather effects.Like the storm in scen Hermes (?).

Other weather like local mist sounds like fun. Would work like smoke but more permanent on the map

Or snow as a variation to storm

Lighting and thundering. Mostly for the effects. Maybe it effects radar if you get hit. I don't know

Moving icebergs should change the map in time; Could be fun

And of course local minefields

[T_D_G]
Players
361 posts
7,982 battles
1 hour ago, Ouzo11 said:

Your poll questions are crap.
The changes they bring to the existing maps were needed and are aimed into somewhat solving the retard bb sniping meta (that has been going on since forever).
So, yes we need more maps and yes they should keep improving the old ones.

I agree with you, but also I dont mind the improvements of old maps, just that that doesnt solve the keep playing the same maps all the time

[T_D_G]
Players
361 posts
7,982 battles
4 minutes ago, FooFaFie said:

Of course I want knew maps. Why not? But the question is what kind of maps. Currently there over 30 maps in game.  And if the new maps are only a variation of the current ones. I would say don't bother.

I personally missing on night battles (like scen Cherry Blossom) and more weather effects.Like the storm in scen Hermes (?).

Other weather like local mist sounds like fun. Would work like smoke but more permanent on the map

Or snow as a variation to storm

Lighting and thundering. Mostly for the effects. Maybe it effects radar if you get hit. I don't know

Moving icebergs should change the map in time; Could be fun

And of course local minefields

This is more like: what weather would you wish to have in any map hmmm. Its not into the main question.

Beta Tester
144 posts
5,832 battles

i want an special ocean map only weekend event !

maybe people will learn again that a ship can move further then just to the next island....

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
715 posts
10,358 battles

Agree, playing 1 map 10 times in a row then having 1 other, then again that first map for another 5 or so games is boring.

Changing maps has gone to the point that 'Islands of ice' became crap compared to how it was first introduced, and 'The ocean' map has became the least favorite because its actualy the most realistic one.

And as it goes to remaking, they need to remake most cap points, so that they would all be in open water, because some maps give 1 side the advantage of having an island that alows to enter and hold the cap points while the other side needs to aproach it from open wather, thus having more risk or beying less likely to even aproach the point.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
557 posts
10,458 battles
1 hour ago, Takru said:

FTFY

Why did they remove it though? Too many islands for those pesky DDs to hide behind? Kappa.

As for the topic itself.. I'd rather like WG to focus on map creation instead of churning out premiums.. Heck, make some competitions for map design the same way they did for camos. I know other games do it (e.g. Starcraft) 

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
3,544 posts
7,443 battles
1 hour ago, Freyr_90 said:

And then there's me hoping they bring back the oldest version of Islands of Ice.. 

actually... on a general note. Is it just me that sorta kinda wants a "Nostalgia" event, where for, say, a week we'd be able to play all the old maps? They should still be in WG's archives somewhere...

• Cool 2

[SWTP]
Players
267 posts
5,631 battles

Do you realise that WG doesn't sell maps in a premium shop? New lines to spend on converted free xp and new premiums are priorities. Maps? No financial gains to be made.

[T_D_G]
Players
361 posts
7,982 battles
9 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

Do you realise that WG doesn't sell maps in a premium shop? New lines to spend on converted free xp and new premiums are priorities. Maps? No financial gains to be made.

I it still an important part of the game... Yet they still prefer doing stupid ports...

We already have more ports than maps into the gamez its plain stupid.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,008 posts
10,839 battles

Quite neutral in the matter at hand. Indeed much maps are very similar regarding playstyle. It's not to difficult to know behind which island the HE spammers are hiding and work around that. So they can lay there half the match doing nothing to blap them to the next match.
For me it's a pity that the Ocean map has been whined away nearly completely. For me that's the only map in which actual naval game is played. But that's a personal opinion.

More variation in maps? Don't really care: if it's like 5 or 50 HE island spam maps doesn't really bother me.

Players
390 posts
8,551 battles

I am still traumatized by the bastion mode. Hopefully that thing never returns.

As for new maps and reworking old ones WG has my eternal vote. The more the better. 

• Funny 1

Players
1,875 posts
5,873 battles
9 hours ago, tamagotchi said:

To design a map that is not completely symmetrical yet also does not favour a particular side is not as easy as it sounds. That being said, the maps do start to feel repetitive now. Thus I would actually recommend a compromise of creating alternative themes for existing maps (such as north vs. northern light).

An advantage asymmetrical maps have, is that each side of the map kinda feels like it's 2 different maps :Smile-_tongue: