You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ajb13

Sovereigns only for 0.7.09 then

42 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
597 posts
10,272 battles

So sovereigns are only available until 0.7.10 comes out then the royal navy containers will be replaced by Halloween containers, am I reading the developer bulletin right?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,916 posts
5,350 battles
22 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

So sovereigns are only available until 0.7.10 comes out then the royal navy containers will be replaced by Halloween containers, am I reading the developer bulletin right?

Yep, just read the same thing. Question is, will they be available again in 0.7.11?

Beta Tester
597 posts
10,272 battles

Wish they'd make these things more clear at the start. How many players do you think spent their Sovereigns on containers to try and get the DD missions thinking they'd have 3 updates to get more, and now find they cannot get a Warspite or Gallant. Thought about doing that myself but luckily I didn't. Gotta feeling there's gonna be some pretty pissed players on the forum soon.

• Cool 6

[_MIA_]
Players
2,916 posts
5,350 battles
1 minute ago, ajb13 said:

Wish they'd make these things more clear at the start. How many players do you think spent their Sovereigns on containers to try and get the DD missions thinking they'd have 3 updates to get more, and now find they cannot get a Warspite or Gallant. Thought about doing that myself but luckily I didn't. Gotta feeling there's gonna be some pretty pissed players on the forum soon.

Good point, i was thinking that myself. Thats why i usually spent that stuff at the end of an event, so i see what i can get, rather than to do it right away.

Because you never know what WG pulls out of their hat - and imo getting 720 Sovereigns as some have "predicted" was waaay too much. You would have get both premiums + Bert Dunkirk for that. ANd imo thats not gonna happen by F2P. Id wonder if you could get one Prem + the cptn by not buying containers... maybe... maybe not.

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,885 battles
16 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

Wish they'd make these things more clear at the start. How many players do you think spent their Sovereigns on containers to try and get the DD missions thinking they'd have 3 updates to get more, and now find they cannot get a Warspite or Gallant.

Seeing as I already have both the Warspite and the Gallant the only thing I needed was a spare skill 10 commander, everything else has been invested into more containers hoping to get the lightning mission as already received the other 3 missions and completed them in the first 2 days of the current arc 

Beta Tester
597 posts
10,272 battles

There were 60 sovereigns per stage up for grabs, with an extra 20 available if you got lucky with the DD missions or bought Cossack. If they spent 60 on containers last week they'll only be able to get 180 more without a T7+ British DD. I bought Cossack so will have enough for Warspite and Bert Dunkirk

[SM0KE]
Players
1,556 posts
5,035 battles

It looks like typical WG comms to me i.e. distinctly lacking in clarity!

They did say "Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will stay available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits." here (about 3/4 of the way down).

They also said this "Please note that this section in the Arsenal and the opportunity to exchange Sovereigns will be available until Update 0.7.11 is released. Because of this, you can take your time choosing and purchasing in-game items with their help. With the release of Update 0.7.11, Sovereigns will be removed from the game, and each Sovereign you held will be exchanged for credits." here (about 1/4 of the way down). 

Whilst I haven't taken a huge amount of time looking, I don't believe we've been told for how long Sovereigns can be obtained for free (the ones from premium containers are apparently available for longer than the freebies are, but I could be wrong about that)...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,198 posts
6,742 battles

Ah classic WG, why would you ever want to clearly communicate anything to the playerbase?

Stupid playerbase, always wanting to know the rules of events... :fish_palm:

Guess WG still has not learned anything over the past... how many years has it been now?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
597 posts
10,272 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

It looks like typical WG comms to me i.e. distinctly lacking in clarity!

They did say "Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will stay available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits." here (about 3/4 of the way down).

They also said this "Please note that this section in the Arsenal and the opportunity to exchange Sovereigns will be available until Update 0.7.11 is released. Because of this, you can take your time choosing and purchasing in-game items with their help. With the release of Update 0.7.11, Sovereigns will be removed from the game, and each Sovereign you held will be exchanged for credits." here (about 1/4 of the way down). 

Whilst I haven't taken a huge amount of time looking, I don't believe we've been told for how long Sovereigns can be obtained for free (the ones from premium containers are apparently available for longer than the freebies are, but I could be wrong about that)...

Developer Bulletin 0.7.10 says

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, but they can be exchanged for quite an extensive list of valuable rewards. You can also keep accumulating Guineas for Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, making it available with a huge discount.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,556 posts
5,035 battles
5 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

Developer Bulletin 0.7.10 says

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, but they can be exchanged for quite an extensive list of valuable rewards. You can also keep accumulating Guineas for Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, making it available with a huge discount.

Which is what triggered this thread in the first place, I imagine.

I was looking for something prior to that, to see if we'd just been blind up until now...

[TIPC]
Players
331 posts
15,342 battles
2 hours ago, ajb13 said:

Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will stay available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits.

Beta Tester
597 posts
10,272 battles

You can spend them, I'm sure you'll be able to buy them via premium containers, you just won't be able to earn any more via gameplay in 0.7.10

[TORPZ]
Players
61 posts
8,138 battles

wg release this patch notes intentionally after first stage.

they didnt tell the players, they have only 4 stages to collect Sovereigns.

people tought they have a chance to get gallant and/or warspite in the long run. and they used their tokens for a little chance of getting ship mission.

no one spend their sovereigns, if they know they cant get more.

now you tell them, they have to play till death to get an event ship.

wg should give that info at start. keeping away this information from the community is someway deception.

making an entertaining event and setting up fair gifts cant be so hard wg.. you dont have to trick your players when giving away some gifts..

im complately disgusted with you this time.. bravo, no1 ethic.

• Cool 1

Players
528 posts
7,956 battles

After some years of experience with WGs way of designing campaigns, it really seemed just too good to be true. Moreover, the number of sovereigns to be earned during the first month just matched the combined costs for the most valuable items a little bit too perfectly:

• Do all missions, but no Hall of Fame and/or british DD missions: 240 sovereigns => get ONE of the top rewards + some smaller goodies
  • Do all missions + Hall of Fame: 300 sovereigns => get Gallant + Bert Dunkirk, 0 sovereigns left
  • Do all missions + get the T8 mission by luck in your first container and do all the british DD missions: 320 sovereigns => get Warspite + Bert Dunkirk, 0 sovereigns left
  • Do everything without spending money: 380 sovereigns => get Gallant or Warspite + Bert Dunkirk + some smaller goodies
  • Cool 4

[BYOB]
Players
2,691 posts
9,853 battles

After spending some sovereigns on boxes I had to calculate whether I will be able to get the Gallant. Sadly, I need to grind the Hall of Fame to do that.

With the drop rate of T7-8 DDs being so low I'm not even hoping to get a chance at reaching Warspite.

And the worst part is that i also bought boxes in the shop.

Players
1,481 posts
5,740 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

After spending some sovereigns on boxes I had to calculate whether I will be able to get the Gallant. Sadly, I need to grind the Hall of Fame to do that.

With the drop rate of T7-8 DDs being so low I'm not even hoping to get a chance at reaching Warspite.

And the worst part is that i also bought boxes in the shop.

Then learn from that misstake!

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
17 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Then learn from that misstake!

Miss(To)Take?

• Funny 1

Players
385 posts
8,685 battles

Hi all,

Currently I have 8 Guineas and 130 Sovereigns. (I dont think I was in hall of fame I just got 2 extra containers. I also got T5 Acasta mission)

Do you think this amount is normal or am I lacking? Would like to know if I could grind up to 240 Sovereigns and 45 Guineas by playing normally (wo HoF).

Thanks.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
1,373 battles
51 minutes ago, xenopathia said:

Hi all,

Currently I have 8 Guineas and 130 Sovereigns. (I dont think I was in hall of fame I just got 2 extra containers. I also got T5 Acasta mission)

Do you think this amount is normal or am I lacking? Would like to know if I could grind up to 240 Sovereigns and 45 Guineas by playing normally (wo HoF).

Thanks.

Don't know on Sovereigns but I think the max Guineas you can have got so far is 8, we have two sets of missions so far with 4 stages. 

Plus you can buy 10 Guineas in the premium shop for less than 1 Euro (1 available per person), so really you only need to get 40 Guineas in total, not 48.

From the missions so far it doesn't seem that hard to get Guineas, you just have to be playing regularly, 4-5 games generally seems enough to do each stage, so maybe only need about 20-30 games a week. 

[BYOB]
Players
2,691 posts
9,853 battles
1 hour ago, xenopathia said:

Hi all,

Thanks.

You can get 240 sovereigns from missions, that is:

4 Directives x 3 Crates with 5 Sovereigns in each - 60 Sovereigns

1 Set of weekly Directives for 4 Weeks - 4x60= 240 Sovereigns

RN DD T7+ missions give an additional 20 Sovereigns per week (1x premium container + 1x standard container) for a maximum total of 80 Sovereigns.

The sovereign missions in the directives are from what we have seen 2 simple grind missions per directive plus the the reward for finishing a directive is a standard crate.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,693 battles

You can buy the Cossack for 35,45 in the shop. Or you can buy 42 guineas for 37,77 together with your free 8 ones to get it in the arsenal. 

Dafuq?!? Or do I miss something and do we get more free guineas in the upcoming month's?

[BYOB]
Players
2,691 posts
9,853 battles
4 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

You can buy the Cossack for 35,45 in the shop. Or you can buy 42 guineas for 37,77 together with your free 8 ones to get it in the arsenal. 

Dafuq?!? Or do I miss something and do we get more free guineas in the upcoming month's?

You can get a total of 48 Guineas from the beginning of 0.7.9 to the end of 0.7.11. You can buy 10 Guineas for approx. 0,89€ through a special shop offer.

Buying the Cossack with Guineas for the almost full amount is not economical, with the special 10 Guinea shop offer the current cost in Guineas is around 28€.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,693 battles
15 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You can get a total of 48 Guineas from the beginning of 0.7.9 to the end of 0.7.11. You can buy 10 Guineas for approx. 0,89€ through a special shop offer.

Buying the Cossack with Guineas for the almost full amount is not economical, with the special 10 Guinea shop offer the current cost in Guineas is around 28€.

Thanks for the clarification! 

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
525 posts
4,871 battles

Looking at how existing in-game Cossacks are nearly rock bottom of the stats tables, the ship seems to be a dud and I wonder whether its even worth bothering to complete the missions grind.

[BYOB]
Players
2,691 posts
9,853 battles
12 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

Looking at how existing in-game Cossacks are nearly rock bottom of the stats tables, the ship seems to be a dud and I wonder whether its even worth bothering to complete the missions grind.

How many of the current Cossack owners possess 10p British captains on the ship? How many also know how to utilize this ship in a way that benefits its play style?

The current stats are most likely bottom of the barrel wallet warriors who bought the ship for the missions. Give it time. Besides LWM said the ship is average, not garbage.