You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tin_Kan

Developer Bulletin 0.7.10 - no more sovereigns?

13 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
19 posts
1,441 battles

You will not be able to get Sovereigns in the new version, but they can be exchanged for quite an extensive list of valuable rewards. You can also keep accumulating Guineas for Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, making it available with a huge discount.

^ Taken from today's new bulletin. I just wanted to check to see if i understood this correctly - so Sovereigns will be awarded during the next 3 stages of update 0.7.9 but not thereafter? Also, does anyone know if WG have disclosed the maximum number of sovereigns we can collect during the Royal Navy event?

Thanks

WoWs Wiki Team
472 posts
7,941 battles
2 minutes ago, Tin_Kan said:

^ Taken from today's new bulletin. I just wanted to check to see if i understood this correctly - so Sovereigns will be awarded during the next 3 stages of update 0.7.9 but not thereafter? Also, does anyone know if WG have disclosed the maximum number of sovereigns we can collect during the Royal Navy event?

Thanks

As I got: There won't be RN-Containers as reward for tasks in 0.7.10, but Halloween-containers - therefore you cannot get Souvereigns, as they are in Containers only.

As you can buy premium-containers and some tasks are for RN-DDs only (with containers as rewards) I doubt that someone calculated it with so many variables.

[OCTO]
Players
591 posts
14,036 battles

Based on two directives so far, without T7+ RN DDs (but with some T5 or T6), you can earn up to 240 sovereigns. (Up to now it is 120 so X2) 

You can get Warspite and that is about it. 

Players
16 posts
2,939 battles
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Based on two directives so far, without T7+ RN DDs (but with some T5 or T6), you can earn up to 240 sovereigns. (Up to now it is 120 so X2) 

You can get Warspite and that is about it. 

That is unfortunately kind of what I expected. I was deep down hoping that there would be enough to get both Warspite and Gallant if you got lucky and unlocked a T7-T8 destroyer and maybe ground out top 10%/5% in the Hall of Fame, but the Warspite being 240 sovereigns and you could get 60 sovereigns from the free containers for the "easy" directives in the first week made me think 240 was going to be the magic number.

[BLAST]
Players
39 posts
9,360 battles

If this is true then what a load of crock,

info on wows own site explains that each update will contain missions and Sovereigns are in containers. https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/royal-navy/

"The rules are simpler than they might initially seem: each update will feature four stages, each being one week long. Each stage will include four Directives, and these Directives will each comprise of 5 to 7 missions. The rewards include two temporary resources for the Arsenal—Sovereigns and Guineas."

So the rules are not so simple, in fact completely miss leading. Spent all my Sovereigns getting more creates ( to get dd mission chance) in the knowledge that i could get more in next Update directives, to get gallant etc.

Great job wows.

Please don't make the rules so simple next time. Just make them correct.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles

Selective reading does not help. Read the whole section about the event.

Please note that the Royal Navy category and the ability to use Sovereigns to obtain its contents will stay available in Update 0.7.10, so you'll have plenty of time to choose the items you want. With the release of Update 0.7.11, each Sovereign in your possession will be exchanged for 25,000 credits.

[BLAST]
Players
39 posts
9,360 battles

If WG had stated in the web release that the sovereigns were only available in 7.9 then all would be clear and this and other threads on this topic would not be necessary.

Having to wade through numerous forum threads to find out what is actually going on is not good to the game or the community

Having all the relevant information in the release maximizes the communication of correct information and minimizes the misinformation, confusion and rage that follows

• Cool 1

Players
873 posts
7,720 battles

From the news just now:

"When Update 0.7.10 goes live, Sovereigns will no longer be issued for completing missions, but will still be available in Premium and standard containers throughout Update 0.7.10. Exchange your well-deserved resources for a wide variety of valuable rewards in the Arsenal until the end of the current update."

I have to confess I was not aware of any missions (or directives or whatever) that had sovereigns as rewards. Which were those? I thought sovereigns only came in the RN containers.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0710-halloween/

Edit: the matter has since been clarified, no more containers as of the update tomorrow and hence no more sovereigns.

• Cool 1

Players
30 posts
5,257 battles
On 10/17/2018 at 2:43 AM, Nautical_Metaphor said:

From the news just now:

"When Update 0.7.10 goes live, Sovereigns will no longer be issued for completing missions, but will still be available in Premium and standard containers throughout Update 0.7.10. Exchange your well-deserved resources for a wide variety of valuable rewards in the Arsenal until the end of the current update."

I have to confess I was not aware of any missions (or directives or whatever) that had sovereigns as rewards. Which were those? I thought sovereigns only came in the RN containers.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0710-halloween/

Edit: the matter has since been clarified, no more containers as of the update tomorrow and hence no more sovereigns.

What do you class as a standard container to get Sovereigns

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Deathadder_61 sagte:

What do you class as a standard container to get Sovereigns

the non-premium versions, with 5 Sovereigns (+ other stuff), that you could earn with the RN missions or buy in the arsenal

Players
30 posts
5,257 battles
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

the non-premium versions, with 5 Sovereigns (+ other stuff), that you could earn with the RN missions or buy in the arsenal

ok so you buy for 12 sovereigns to get 5 back in standard containers yep very smart by WG....i dont see where you can earn them in RN missions unless they are in the pumpkins