Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Flavio1997

WG, this bs has to end

41 comments in this topic

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,965 battles

today i was happily sailing in my shochors when i got detonated by an he from a QE ( thx wg for that 1/4 pen rule bs on bbs) when i was full hp ( i know that you have to get below 75%, and the citadel bring me there), and perfectly nose into the enemy., and my death  resulted in the defeat of my team ( my team at some point reached 960 points, so even if i was afk we would have won). And is the 3rd detonation i get in a week from  rn bbs he with shochors ( you are asking yourself why i don't use deto flag on her, that's because i consider them more valuable for my dds). 

https://replayswows.com/replay/31980#stats

shot-18_09.26_10_36.18-0208.thumb.jpg.956f15d678fedde7485d5336f3b29cae.jpg

And  to my point now....WG; THIS BS HAS TO END, it's not funny, it's not engaging, especially from HE shell that you can't do anything about ( i know that ap overpen and you can do frontal cits, but still). WG please, remove the detonation altoghether or at least remove it from he shells.

p.s. some love to the shochors would not be bad in general

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
429 posts
3,622 battles

Time to start using the flags on your cruiser I would say ... problem solved.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[SRSLY]
[SRSLY]
Beta Tester
433 posts
12,096 battles

Time to remove the 24h restriction on said flags.

• Cool 6

[GOT]
[GOT]
Players
52 posts
4,667 battles

Fun and engaging gameplay. Which is still for some reason supported by large part of the community. I have no idea why, never seen any reasonable argument for having it in the game. Especially since you can with a flag remove it from the game again, of course until you run out of flags. So why have it in the game in the first place?

• Cool 7

[BS4]
Players
665 posts
4,900 battles
5 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

today i was happily sailing in my shochors when i got detonated by an he from a QE ( thx wg for that 1/4 pen rule bs on bbs) when i was full hp ( i know that you have to get below 75%, and the citadel bring me there), and perfectly nose into the enemy., and my death  resulted in the defeat of my team ( my team at some point reached 960 points, so even if i was afk we would have won). And is the 3rd detonation i get in a week from  rn bbs he with shochors ( you are asking yourself why i don't use deto flag on her, that's because i consider them more valuable for my dds). 

And  to my point now....WG; THIS BS HAS TO END, it's not funny, it's not engaging, especially from HE shell that you can't do anything about ( i know that ap overpen and you can do frontal cits, but still). WG please, remove the detonation altoghether or at least remove it from he shells.

IMO deto flags will always be more us full on cruisers where there are bigger and more ammo racks etc to detonate. Why waste them on destroyers. Doesn't make sence. ..:cap_yes:

[_MIA_]
Players
2,886 posts
5,347 battles
3 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

IMO deto flags will always be more us full on cruisers where there are bigger and more ammo racks etc to detonate. Why waste them on destroyers. Doesn't make sence. ..:cap_yes:

DDs tend to detonate easier?

I basicly never use deto flags, and i have like 2,4k Cruiser games or so. My amount of Detonations is pretty low so... no need usually.

• Cool 1

Players
1,470 posts
5,740 battles

tenor.gif?itemid=7836385

14 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

Here, I added some flavor to your post, also:

69025.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9

Players
1,648 posts
11,443 battles
11 minutes ago, OlFson said:

This one I really like.

[SRSLY]
[SRSLY]
Beta Tester
433 posts
12,096 battles
1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

This one I really like.

Well since we wont get rid of the mechanic try to settle for the next best goal.

I hope the chesse is old, since it is a stroong and old wine you are serving it along with. @Mandalorianer

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
429 posts
3,622 battles
11 minutes ago, Sissors said:

Fun and engaging gameplay. Which is still for some reason supported by large part of the community. I have no idea why, never seen any reasonable argument for having it in the game. Especially since you can with a flag remove it from the game again, of course until you run out of flags. So why have it in the game in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, I would celebrate the day they remove the 'fun and engaging gameplay' feature from the game.

But since you have the flags, and you can get the flags quite easily (as OP is showing :Smile_hiding: ) it's not a huge deal.

Just play some lower tier DD games to get 500+ flags, and apply a flag to all higher tier DD games and to some cruisers that are prone to detonations.

Players
1,470 posts
5,740 battles
1 minute ago, OlFson said:

I hope the chesse is old, since it is a stroong and old wine you are serving it along with. @Mandalorianer

Do I look like a tavern wench to you???

• Funny 1

[HOME]
Players
578 posts
7,635 battles
Just now, Hummus said:

Don't get me wrong, I would celebrate the day they remove the 'fun and engaging gameplay' feature from the game.

But since you have the flags, and you can get the flags quite easily (as OP is showing :Smile_hiding: ) it's not a huge deal.

Just play some lower tier DD games to get 500+ flags, and apply a flag to all higher tier DD games and to some cruisers that are prone to detonations.

Still feels like a "you first need to hurt your knees before you can wear kneecaps"- kinda thing.

What is the purpose of this feature? It doesnt serve anything. Just a lottery ingame to decide some poor soul who gets his piece of the funcake.

[SRSLY]
[SRSLY]
Beta Tester
433 posts
12,096 battles
3 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

You mean your avatar? Could be an interesting restaurant.  But no, not really :Smile_hiding:

Players
1,470 posts
5,740 battles
Just now, OlFson said:

You mean your avatar? Could be an interesting restaurant.  But no, not really :Smile_hiding:

Why not, we even invite you as dinner!

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
429 posts
3,622 battles
1 minute ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Still feels like a "you first need to hurt your knees before you can wear kneecaps"- kinda thing.

What is the purpose of this feature? It doesnt serve anything. Just a lottery ingame to decide some poor soul who gets his piece of the funcake.

The purpose is either:

1) Historical accuracy.  There are some famous ship detonations (cough * Hood * cough)

2) Monetary gains .... you can buy those anti-frustration flags you know ;)

:etc_hide_turtle:

• Cool 2

[SRSLY]
[SRSLY]
Beta Tester
433 posts
12,096 battles
1 minute ago, Mandalorianer said:

Why not, we even invite you as dinner!

No thanks :) Ill offer the dinner preparation though for an adequate salary.

Players
1,648 posts
11,443 battles
11 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Do you want an honest answer to that? :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,282 battles
1 hour ago, OlFson said:

I already vouched for this on NA forums a few years ago. 

It doesn't make sense to restrict this reward to a 24 hours basis for something that is complete RNG. I have never met anyone who said; "Let's get my daily detonation flags".
By making it a 24 hour reward WG makes it look like you should be proud that you got detonated.

[ALONE]
Players
1,292 posts
10,301 battles
2 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

today i was happily sailing in my shochors when i got detonated by an he from a QE ( thx wg for that 1/4 pen rule bs on bbs) when i was full hp ( i know that you have to get below 75%, and the citadel bring me there),

I agree that this is the most shitty way to go. With QE dispersion any potato with 381mm HE can occasionally blap any unicum in Shchors, even not intentionally - evidently that is what WG intended. You were sacrificed on the potato altar by WG marketing department. :etc_red_button:

• Funny 2

Players
745 posts
6,641 battles
1 hour ago, EdiJo said:

With QE dispersion any potato with 381mm HE can occasionally blap any unicum in Shchors, even not intentionally - evidently that is what WG intended.

Entirely as it should be. As the showboating Mahan I detonated in Warspite, earlier, found out. Too cool for smoke screens? Detonation's what you need.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,965 battles
1 hour ago, EdiJo said:

I agree that this is the most shitty way to go. With QE dispersion any potato with 381mm HE can occasionally blap any unicum in Shchors, even not intentionally - evidently that is what WG intended. You were sacrificed on the potato altar by WG marketing department. :etc_red_button:

I don't  know if i have to laugh  or being sad about it. To say that i was pissed off was an understatement, it has been something on the next scale of idiotic

[LEWD]
Players
15 posts
9,369 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I already vouched for this on NA forums a few years ago. 

It doesn't make sense to restrict this reward to a 24 hours basis for something that is complete RNG. I have never met anyone who said; "Let's get my daily detonation flags".
By making it a 24 hour reward WG makes it look like you should be proud that you got detonated.

I had a clan mate during last clan wars who was going out to try and get detonated, even put on fire and flood flags to increase the chance, funny thing was he didn't get any :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
142 posts
2,282 battles
1 minute ago, IlljustcallhimDave said:

I had a clan mate during last clan wars who was going out to try and get detonated, even put on fire and flood flags to increase the chance, funny thing was he didn't get any :Smile_teethhappy:

lol

Well in that case I'd recommend Russian Gunship DDs. 
Dunno why, but if I had a record of detonations per ship the Russian DDs would be at number 1.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,022 battles

I really don't mind detonation being in the game, even when it happens to me (quite a lot - I play mainly DDs after all) - it's one of the shreds of historical accuracy in the game after all.

@OlFson's suggestion above is a good one though: if you got ten anti-det flags every time you were exploded, rather than just once per day, it would take the edge off for those who have somehow offended RNGeezus...

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
665 posts
4,900 battles
3 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

(Homer Simpson voice)....mmmmm tavern Wench...

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this