Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

2 CV’S in game from same Clan

9 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
592 posts
11,111 battles

Strange one tonight, had a game and had 1 CV per team both from the same clan??????

we lost very badly, but i think that was mainly due to our team lemmingtrain to the right flan leaving 3 of us to defend the base ??

[NWP]
Players
3,577 posts
5,919 battles

Bildergebnis für what meme

so uhm... what is wrong now? Did they play unfair or not? If yes -> report them to WG. If not, whats the problem?

• Funny 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,435 posts
13,843 battles

While multiple CVs cannot be in divisions, it isn't impossible to meet another CV from the same clan or even have him be on the same team (assuming they are playing T4-7 CVs), you know?

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,596 battles

A couple of times I found myself in my carrier meeting two cvs from the same clan. I thought I was in troubles but every single time I managed to kick their combined asses because they didn't actually coordinated their cvs (Fortunately)

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles
16 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Strange one tonight, had a game and had 1 CV per team both from the same clan??????

we lost very badly, but i think that was mainly due to our team lemmingtrain to the right flan leaving 3 of us to defend the base ??

Clans quite often do "3-2-1-click" trick to be in the same game - and with CV it is even easier because they wait in queue longer. 

16 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Bildergebnis für what meme

so uhm... what is wrong now? Did they play unfair or not? If yes -> report them to WG. If not, whats the problem?

The problem is, we don't know. Depends on the level of the clan, I'd say. Competitive clans always have some kind of communication outside of the game, and this riggs the battle, even if it is not obvious for someone looking from aside. For example those CV might intentionally focus on their respective dmg and neglect AA protection vs their clan mate (which btw often happens anyway between "random" CV because of "ship class solidarity"...)

WG needs to eliminate, or at least limit possibility of being matched without division with people one often played with - the problem is too small player base in some modes. But in typical random game they could do this, even for CV. 

16 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

A couple of times I found myself in my carrier meeting two cvs from the same clan. I thought I was in troubles but every single time I managed to kick their combined asses because they didn't actually coordinated their cvs (Fortunately)

And that just tells us about skill-gap in CV. Unicum CV gets his 75%+ win rate exactly because he can beat combined asses of all other players in the game, even if two of them have CV as well  :cap_look::cap_popcorn::cap_horn:

[NWP]
Players
3,577 posts
5,919 battles
11 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

The problem is, we don't know. Depends on the level of the clan, I'd say. Competitive clans always have some kind of communication outside of the game, and this riggs the battle, even if it is not obvious for someone looking from aside. For example those CV might intentionally focus on their respective dmg and neglect AA protection vs their clan mate (which btw often happens anyway between "random" CV because of "ship class solidarity"...)

Well, according to OP they got roflstomped anyway. So not much time for his CV to farm damage. CVs intentionally ignoring each other is imo pretty easy to spot.

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,844 battles
8 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Well, according to OP they got roflstomped anyway. So not much time for his CV to farm damage.

Yeah, in lemminging standard game faster/more determined lemmings win ;) - but in a typical game there is enough time.

CVs intentionally ignoring each other is imo pretty easy to spot.

It is not obvious, usually - non-CV players can't tell for sure until both CV don't start to accumulate ship kills but not plane kills (which are not shown during the game btw). 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,303 posts
9,548 battles

Well, according to OP they got roflstomped anyway. So not much time for his CV to farm damage. CVs intentionally ignoring each other is imo pretty easy to spot.

Not quite.

As it is with uncoordinated teams of people allergic to objectives that you find so often in games there's a pretty high chance that a group of ships is out in the boonies far away from everything else. Meanwhile another group of ships are much closer to the objectives. Guess which ones you're going to protect or conversely, which ones you won't defend and risk exposing everyone else for.

By making sure I provide fighter coverage to the people who play close to the objectives I not only discourage the enemy CV to not drop there, but also pretty much only leave him the isolated group to drop on.

From an outside perspective this might look like I'm just ignoring the CV as he's allowed to drop more or less without my interference on ships, but the actual strategy behind that is he won't drop on any ships that actually matter on the road to claiming objectives and thus victory. I'm not ignoring the CV, I'm just denying him access to where I don't want him to strike without compromising my defense for people who're out of position.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,596 battles
32 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

And that just tells us about skill-gap in CV. Unicum CV gets his 75%+ win rate exactly because he can beat combined asses of all other players in the game, even if two of them have CV as well  :cap_look::cap_popcorn::cap_horn:

It's not so much "skill", it's rather a "know what you re doing" thing.

There were a few times where both enemy (random) cvs coordinated themselves and attacked me at the same time with all their strenght. Almost every time that happened I fell down and not even my upgraded AA could stop them.

Anyhow. I never complained about that. First because that rarely happens (like a detonation when I play in a non cv ship) and secondly because I'm sure I could develop tactics to prevent that if it becomes a recurrent issue.

Sign in to follow this