You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Atorpad

Why NA server players are more welcome than us?!

33 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
3,532 posts
5,866 battles

Obviously we europeans are already throwing enough $$$ at them, so we dont need free stuff. We are milking cows :Smile_hiding:

giphy.gif

[DC-DK]
Players
2,065 posts
23,532 battles

NA players was robbed for the give away items in the joined special anniversary live stream Basically very early morning I see no reason to be jealous

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,762 posts
10,656 battles

Ok, guys, seriously. We're talking 10 premium ships raffled away. Not a super-discount on something, not a promotion, not a mission where you can get a ship, not a premium british container for everyone - ten ships. How is it worth even wiping dust off a pitchfork, never mind waving one around?...

• Cool 1

[IRAN]
Players
380 posts
8,172 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

Guild name IRAN, complains about NA getting better stuff.

That's amusing

so what?!  beacuse i'm from Iran i don't have right to complaint ?!

the way you people think is ridiculous !!

• Cool 1

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles
46 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Ok, guys, seriously. We're talking 10 premium ships raffled away. Not a super-discount on something, not a promotion, not a mission where you can get a ship, not a premium british container for everyone - ten ships. How is it worth even wiping dust off a pitchfork, never mind waving one around?...

because... Internet.

[IRAN]
Players
380 posts
8,172 battles
33 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

EU playerbase....

"They got one flag for free! Burn the forums!!!"

i'm showing you the moon you are staring on my finger !!

it is not one or more premium ship that i am complaining about . i'm asking why servers are not treated equally ?!

[CATS]
Players
14,653 posts
10,873 battles

Because that is how the world works.

Different markets get treated differently. Using the same sales strategy everywhere is economic dilettantism.

• Cool 2

Players
3,565 posts
7,328 battles
16 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

i'm showing you the moon you are staring on my finger !!

it is not one or more premium ship that i am complaining about . i'm asking why servers are not treated equally ?!

One reason would be WG always struggled on NA market, be it with tanks, planes and boats. EU on other hand is long established, so there is little incentive to throw stuff at EU players, unless some server wide boycott happens. And no, forum active players are like 5% of active population, so even if everyone from the forum would quitt the boats game, it would be hardly noticeable from WG economy point of view.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,399 posts
13,813 battles
23 minutes ago, Panocek said:

And no, forum active players are like 5% of active population, so even if everyone from the forum would quitt the boats game, it would be hardly noticeable from WG economy point of view.

That actually depends. Remember, this is a f2p game, meaning most of the people that play it will never pay anything, along with a fair amount of people at best paying once. It survives on players buying doubloons/premium time/ships etc. on a consistent basis and the players that do that are few in number (usually between 1 and 5%). So even if forum users represent only ~5% of the active playerbase, that still could be a huge chunk, even the entirety of their regular income (extremely unlikely, but possible).

I honestly couldn't care less about some raffle on NA that EU doesn't get, just attempting to clarify things.

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,074 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

EU playerbase....

"They got one flag for free! Burn the forums!!!"

Lol... One guy opens a thread and this is how you interpret it?

[CATS]
Players
14,653 posts
10,873 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Lol... One guy opens a thread and this is how you interpret it?

Looks like you are interpreting too much into my post...

Maybe you should read the post before mine and then read mine again. Just a hint.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,074 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Looks like you are interpreting too much into my post...

Maybe you should read the post before mine and then read mine again. Just a hint.

It was too long :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Players
403 posts
4,188 battles

from what I understand NA is a smaller base and this game doesn't sell as well there as it does here.  It's business sense.  You're not going to reward hardcore dedicated customers that will spend time and money on something that you know is a safe income.  You have to bribe those who aren't interested enough to dedicated the time and effort.  I myself am American and prefer these types of games.  American gamers are more invested in FPS and instant action along with RPGs.  A lot of combat simulators (regardless of how arcadey they are) don't gain traction there like it does here.

• Cool 1

Players
403 posts
4,188 battles
2 hours ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Judging by the latest scandal on the NA server, WG will be giving them a lot to compensate for what was exposed.

been out of the loop on this one....what happened over there?

Players
401 posts
4,767 battles
3 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

been out of the loop on this one....what happened over there?

It's all over Reddit.

Tl;Dr WG staff got devstriked by a member of a division. He reported all members of the division. Instant warnings given to all 3 by the CS NA team. Thread in Reddit to expose this. Sub_Octavian gets involved and discovers at least 2 warnings had no justification but they find some dirt on one of the three regarding chat profanity and keep his warning. Reddit goes up in arms. Sub_Octavian creates Q&A thread to explain and apologise, but the majority of users still hold their pitchforks.

Can't say I am surprised as I had a somewhat similar situation, except they couldn't find any dirt on me and I never had any warning. Still got flamed in chat. While NA community mostly sticks together in social media, EU mostly backs WG staff when in doubt. The result is that NA ends up getting the apologies and goodies.

• Cool 2

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,061 posts
17,291 battles

It s a raffle aka lottery , not an event, organized by NA. 

Events should be identical. 

Players
1,583 posts
6,242 battles
12 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

EU playerbase....

That is infact the reason but in a different way as you might imagine:

EU is the 2nd largest Server from a playerbase pov while NA is the smallest.

So the people over there have to keep their community extra "entertained" to keep them playing the game, to keep the server profitable, to save their own jobs.

And giving away 10 of the oldest premium ships we have... That's nothing in the grand scheme of things.

[HF_30]
Players
1,315 posts
13 hours ago, eliastion said:

When your pitchfork needs dusting off, you're not waving it around enough.

In other words: it never hurts to keep the buggers on their toes. Everything else is just weakening your own negotiation position. And yes, it pretty much is a negotiation process during which WG determines what they might get away with. So... pitchforks, tar and feathers, a ready-made bonfire with a nice, politically incorrect big [edited]phallic pole in the middle - all essential tools of the trade. Of course, for this to fully work you'll also have to apply positive reinforcement in the form of some portion of your hard-earned being thrown their way, when they do get it right.

That being said, I've seen better occasions than this one.

Weekend Tester
541 posts
4,964 battles

NA server needs its promotions and its (pretty good) attentive staff; its playerbase is starting to look a bit thin. Playing randoms there last night (their afternoon), I was seeing the same names crop up several times in subsequent games. Thats quite a small pool of players at prime time.