You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VolcanicLemur5

Captain bulid for future Daring

22 comments in this topic

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
1 hour ago, creamgravy said:

TLDR: Don't bother creating a captain until they're fully released and in port, who knows what we'll end up with.

I think we are close from final version. So i'll share my thoughts.

Even though AP are strong i dont like the idea of not being able to pen anything without IFHE, even superstructure of BBs. 

So I will probably go with:

PM

AR/LS

SE/SI or SI/BFT

IFHE/CE

I don't like giving up on RPF but i don't want absolutely useless HE shells.

[CU]
Players
295 posts
3,439 battles

Based on the current incarnation shown on Flamus video, I'll be trying this first:

PT or PM

LS, AR

SE, DE

CE, RL (or keep the 4 points from RL and add whichever 1 pointer I don't have and Superintendent)

If I'm finding HE is still lacking I'll change RL for IFHE

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
2 hours ago, Malfuss said:

If I'm finding HE is still lacking I'll change RL for IFHE

I don't know how you could find HE not lacking without IFHE.

The question is more if the very good AP are enough to compensate for the inability to do HE damage without IFHE.

In my opinion, no.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,002 posts
8,016 battles
13 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

I think we are close from final version. So i'll share my thoughts.

Even though AP are strong i dont like the idea of not being able to pen anything without IFHE, even superstructure of BBs. 

So I will probably go with:

PM

AR/LS

SE/SI or SI/BFT

IFHE/CE

I don't like giving up on RPF but i don't want absolutely useless HE shells.

I dont like wasting 7 captain points (IFHE+DE) on balancing out the silent nerfs of the ships if it can be worked around.

With the Minotaur-like AP performance you can slot Survival expert + BFT + superintendent and simply demolish any IFHE Daring...

[TOXIC]
Players
1,143 posts
16,332 battles

Well everything depend on the final version. If Daring keep heal than my last 3 points will go to SI, if not than BFT. But the rest 16 points will be distributed like this

5bab30d5556a5_Screenshot_2018-09-26CommanderSkillBuilderWorldofWarships.thumb.png.f1e19ec01bf44e2a73ed0e33ed50eb16.png

[CU]
Players
295 posts
3,439 battles
11 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

I don't know how you could find HE not lacking without IFHE.

The question is more if the very good AP are enough to compensate for the inability to do HE damage without IFHE.

In my opinion, no.

That is why I said, based on the current incarnation. As neither of us have played it all we have is our opinions, I didn't think UK cruisers would work without HE but they did, so my opinion might change once I've unlocked it and played it for a bit. It's fine to have differing opinions.

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles
2 hours ago, fumtu said:

Well everything depend on the final version. If Daring keep heal than my last 3 points will go to SI, if not than BFT. But the rest 16 points will be distributed like this

5bab30d5556a5_Screenshot_2018-09-26CommanderSkillBuilderWorldofWarships.thumb.png.f1e19ec01bf44e2a73ed0e33ed50eb16.png

You need IFHE on them 114mm peashooter... No RPF allowed this time^^

[TOXIC]
Players
1,143 posts
16,332 battles
Just now, Mandalorianer said:

Well if Daring keeps improved AP angles you can, kinda, avoid IFHE. Sure it won't be perfect but it could work as Daring AP, in current iteration, is quite strong against other DDs. And it also needs only 19mm of armour to fuse which means no overpens on T8-T10 DDs. At least I would try it because I like having RPF on high tier DDs. But if it doesn't work than sure, I will replace RPF with IFHE

[NWP]
Players
1,760 posts
12,092 battles
16 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Guess you need another look on that Flamu video. The AP spam was real and HE still has enough fire chance. So I do think you an forego IFHE on this current Daring version.

OFC, they'll need to do something about the lower tiers as well, can't have them not being in line with the tier X.

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles
1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

Guess you need another look on that Flamu video. The AP spam was real and HE still has enough fire chance. So I do think you an forego IFHE on this current Daring version.

OFC, they'll need to do something about the lower tiers as well, can't have them not being in line with the tier X.

I simply don't like Flamu, so I don't watch his stuff.

As I mentioned in another thread, a while ago I beat a full HP Daring in a knifefight with my half dead Z-23 (Tier VIII - no misspelling) but I don't know if they did any changes since then.

[NWP]
Players
1,760 posts
12,092 battles
8 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

I simply don't like Flamu, so I don't watch his stuff.

As I mentioned in another thread, a while ago I beat a full HP Daring in a knifefight with my half dead Z-23 (Tier VIII - no misspelling) but I don't know if they did any changes since then.

Whatever you think about him as a person, his videos give some nice insight to the game (and in this case proving you wrong).

Once in a while you won against a Daring. Without mentioning all circonstances, the player (it's not like all supertesters are actually, you know, good players) involved… : this statement means nothing.

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles
18 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Once in a while you won against a Daring. Without mentioning all circonstances, the player (it's not like all supertesters are actually, you know, good players) involved… : this statement means nothing.

I'm aware of that fact but if my memory serves me right, it wasn't a supertester. Anyway...

It simply stuck to my memory and was the first foul taste of that line and I also know that comparing Cr*pcasta (which I own) to Daring is far fetched but the basics are the same:

No Speed Boost (stolen by the french probably)

Meh torpedos (worse than the Z-52 ones because trading 7 knots speed, a bit range and one full laucher for 2k more damage and single shots with 2 min reload?)

Joke Screen instead of a Smoke Screen

The fact that you need a 14 points captain to get that thing playable (for me at least)

Dosn't look good in my eyes, the ship seems more suited for Cruiser mains...and they'll need IFHE. :Smile_izmena:

[XODUS]
Players
736 posts
4,163 battles

Personally i think that right now the Daring might be a tad overcooked, but if anything does go i can see it being the Heal rather than the AP as to make any ship reliant on a captain skill to do damage is bad design to me. 
Although if the heal does remain i can see it being nerfed in duration rather than ability (so 10 seconds rather than 14) 

Captain Skills will be in order for first 14:
PM
LS
SE
IFHE, CE

For the remaining 5 points i am not actually 100% sure, i am not sure AR is actually needed here so i think i would go Jack of All Trades and then either Superintendent or Torpedo Reload Expertise 

[NWP]
Players
1,760 posts
12,092 battles
4 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

and they'll need IFHE. :Smile_izmena:

That's why flamu plays it without IFHE. Seriously, watch the review and then, if you really think it's needed, fit it.

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles
2 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

That's why flamu plays it without IFHE. Seriously, watch the review and then, if you really think it's needed, fit it.

That was a subconscious flame against Cruisers, because they can't do anything else than spam IFHE.

Thanks for ruining it... :Smile_playing: