You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yaskaraxx

CYCLONE = WATCHING AT AN EMPTY SCREEN 12 minutes???!!!

61 comments in this topic

Players
710 posts
19,952 battles

Come on??..what's happening here in RANDOMS???..80% of battles in random seem now force-feeding us (players) with 10-12 minutes watching at empty screens (= CYCLONES)????...unbelievable...why do such a CRAZY thing? Keeps cyclones for CLAN-Wars...but do not believe ANY player likes watching 12 minutes at EMPTY screen: no action, battle over, NOTHING ta see. WHY?

Anyway: I stopped playing several times for 24 hours right away after facing CYCLONES (= no action battles, empty screen...tic-tac-tic-tac)) with my Henri IV & Conqueror. This is not good for game and I cannot imagine any players liking this...most players come in for action/fun: CYCLONES totally put a halt to battles...practically battle is over/finished when cyclone comes. And do NOT expect players gonna watch an empty screen for some 12 minutes (just common sense thinking, here), crazy. So, why ALL these EMPTY SCREENS (80% of battles????)...seems to be drastically increased??? Anyway, forced me out of playing many times already, those empty screens..tic-tac-tic-tac. I want action AND on SCREEN! No empty screens in randoms force-feed by CYCLONES & so often,  please!?????????????????

• Funny 8
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 9

[AVRDM]
Players
1,402 posts
6,415 battles

If you do not see anything, it is because you are too far away. Just anticipate the arrival of the cyclone and approach the battle, easy.

• Cool 17

Players
329 posts
12,973 battles

I wasn't aware you played in the PUEU - Parallel Universe EU server, where every game is a cyclone. Also, your server is very odd, I have never ever seen a cyclone lasting 12 minutes :Smile_facepalm:

Are you a battleship main by any chance? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9
  • Bad 1

Players
1,753 posts
9,924 battles

Cyclones imo encourages you to play more tactically and adjust you have to adjust yourself accordingly like what Hesp said. 

But I guess people like you always camp at the back to farm damage safetly while your teammates be your meatshield, so you wouldnt really understand anyway. Action is THERE but not for a camper like you.

• Cool 4

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,309 battles

The last game I had a cyclone in I killed two enemies outside of the cyclone's range by aiming with the minimap. It's no problem when you know what to do.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,452 posts
13,843 battles

So basically "I do not want my camos to get scratched, please remove cyclones so that I can continue camping at the map border and be completely useless".

Not that you'd ever want to improve yourself ofc. Remember, just because you got killed in your Moskva 1vs1 by a Cleve doesn't mean you're bad at playing Moskva. No, Cleve is simply overpowered. There is no way anyone could ever win with a Moskva against a Cleve.

Right guys?

Seriously, stop trying to hide behind your "creative plays" and other similarly pathetic excuses. Acknowledge that you're horrendously bad and work towards bettering yourself. Cyclones, torps, HE spam, etc. All of these mechanics do not pose any problems, the problem is YOU.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[-FF-]
Players
610 posts
5,414 battles

you know in advance when the cyclone will hit.

so if you are "watching an empty screen" it's because you are not capable of anticipating and positionning yourself correctly when cyclone is arriving.

don't blame the game, blame yourself and improve your positionning.

don't stay behind.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
1,772 posts
12,163 battles

Obviously we needed a new topic about this as the old one just died out. I suggest you go in there and read the remarks.

Maybe It'll teach you a trick or two on storms.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

As it is implemented, is too simplistic, it only decreases viewing range. It should decrease speed, maneuverability, gun accuracy. Planes should be unusable. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,398 battles

The only problem with cyclone is that it does no favor to:

- cruisers with no radar/plane

- dds with crap detection (like Khaba)

Those are the only ones that really get the can once cyclone hits.

Others (including BBs) benefit hugely.

But like other said ... once cyclone hits you need to gang up with your team.

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles

i must kinda agree. i dont like cyclones at all and i would like to see them removed from the game. i mean, if you have targets at your flank that you can engage, fine. but if you kill all enemy ships at your flank and have to sail to opposite side of the map while having 8 km vision... this means you have to play ship simulator for couple of minutes and imo this is just a bad game design for a game like wows. 

• Cool 1

[QUAK]
[QUAK]
Beta Tester
579 posts
8,207 battles

Cyclones are great, especially in a BB. Just get closer to the enemy and you can fight without being burned by three to five cruisers, you can just fight one or two at a time. Lot of fun, I promise.

• Cool 3

[W-C]
Players
431 posts
1,791 battles
4 hours ago, Yaskaraxx said:

Come on??..what's happening here in RANDOMS???..80% of battles in random seem now force-feeding us (players) with 10-12 minutes watching at empty screens (= CYCLONES)????...unbelievable...why do such a CRAZY thing? Keeps cyclones for CLAN-Wars...but do not believe ANY player likes watching 12 minutes at EMPTY screen: no action, battle over, NOTHING ta see. WHY?

Minimap anyone!? As in... use it!

Seriously tho OP, nothing wrong with Cyclones - they add a fun dimension! Yes, they are annoying if you are out of position... but the whole point of the warning is to give you time to get into position (hint: minimap!) for when it hits! And yes, it means you need to get within a <8k range of any ships to see them... scary :fish_nerv::fish_palm:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SNI]
Players
488 posts
8,166 battles

Cyclone is ok. We have early warning for when it will come so we can position ourselves accordingly.

When you see the icon telling you that in 8 minutes you'll have reduced visibility do something, don't hug the borders, easy.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
667 posts
6,740 battles

If you manage to don't  see anything for 12 min with a henry 4 you are potatoing( camping) so hard that you might find yourself into the next map

edit: mmm, hidden stats...why it rings a gigantic and loud bell?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,083 posts
6,718 battles

You're warned from the beginning of the game the cyclone will starts, you have a timer, and even when the timer reach 0, you still have some time before the visibility is reduced to 8km. Learn to position your ship accordingly.

[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles
3 hours ago, nambr9 said:

The only problem with cyclone is that it does no favor to:

- cruisers with no radar/plane

- dds with crap detection (like Khaba)

Those are the only ones that really get the can once cyclone hits.

Others (including BBs) benefit hugely.

But like other said ... once cyclone hits you need to gang up with your team.

Weel, it does give my Hipper the chance to make kamikaze torpedo charges at close range. Once scored a Double Strike on 2 BB's (Izumo and NC) by driving full tilt in-between them and launching torps from both sides. AND amazingly enough I survived the encounter with 50% of my health remaining. Most satisfying experience, though it sure helped that they were looking the other way at the time and failed to react quickly enough. But yeah, most of the time it gets a bit tricky in a Cruiser when taifoon hits. I don't really mind it tho.:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
425 posts
8,791 battles

Bad positioning and camping at max range eh?  What the ruddy heck do you expect?  I am at a loss to explain some players moans, get a grip and move with the side and engage the enemy, it's not hard and it is clever to move forward and get into the fight.

As soon as I see that warning I'm moving forward to take advantage of engaging one ship at a time and removing them from the game. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[ONIX]
Players
1,087 posts
9,032 battles
6 hours ago, OttoZander said:

I wasn't aware you played in the PUEU - Parallel Universe EU server, where every game is a cyclone. Also, your server is very odd, I have never ever seen a cyclone lasting 12 minutes :Smile_facepalm:

Are you a battleship main by any chance? 

He's mostly a long range spammer as per the mention of Monq and HIV and his (and apparently his brother's)  hilarious thread on Grozovoi. And yes, he also plays Grozo as a non spotting, HE spammer mini Khaba with no CE. 

Can see why he dislikes cyclones.

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

guess who is always out of position lol.

At the beginning of the match you ll know there is a cyclone incoming because The Voice informed you.
Yet you choose to stay at max range, so when it hits you cant see sh1t and you are left out of the battle.

That is your problem, not the mechanics.

Players
710 posts
19,952 battles
1 hour ago, Taliesn said:

He's mostly a long range spammer as per the mention of Monq and HIV and his (and apparently his brother's)  hilarious thread on Grozovoi. And yes, he also plays Grozo as a non spotting, HE spammer mini Khaba with no CE. 

Can see why he dislikes cyclones.

...true, very true, I loved playing New Grozovoi (X) since last change, went ta be my very fav DD(!) (detect 7,4 km and rudder 2,8 secs...real hunter with RPF)! Could play it very agressively, Udaloi on steroids, loved that ship. But last 3 battles : cyclone coming in---> 3 (sometimes 4) 10 (or 12 kms) radar ships coming out (in land of the blind the one who has 1x eye = KING)...it was battle over for Grozo (shot to pieces when ya go in "for a try"...yeah, fcaus)...so, though I loved New Grozo now defenitely had to get rid of it because of 80%(!!!???) battles have cyclones nowadays high tiers. I fear I also have to sell & get rid of my fav Conqueror (X) has full 32mm plating vulnerable to HE spam (going in?..when cyclone?...that's suicide for that ship...would be crazy thing ta do) & get rid of Henri IV also I beginning ta think, since Henri needs speed + range. Though I love those ships, I now fear I also have to sell them also due to sooo many cyclones (80% of battles) & though I have perma camo's on all my T10 ships, those ships cannot make credits any more in cyclone battles. Face it, hughe maps in high tiers, so when cyclone comes in "then it is practically battle finished". You also see this happening: cyclone coming in, very often battle comes to a halt & ends with both teams still having many ships in battle (...BUT THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ANYMORE!) so no one making credits or sufficient XP.

So after loosing my very fav Grozovoi due to cyclones...& and very well possible I have ta get rid of my fav Henri IV + Conqueror also...ALL THANKS TO CYCLONES! (...so many, so many as from lately...80% of battles(???)...last 10-12 minutes????....EMPTY SCREENS...& battle over).

Guess future battles T10 going towards ALL playing Moskva + Des moines....those are KINGS when cyclones come in; guess why???........

( ....look, I played some 18K battles last years, simply because I LIKED this great game very much!!! But now, the increased number of cyclones lasting 10-12 mins almost each game...then game as I know it is taken away from me: instead as from recently I am presented with empty screens lasting 10-12 km?????....WHY????....do they realy think players gonna watch at empty screens for 10-12 mins???

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

Well, firstly. Cyclones do not last 12 minutes. Ever. And your problems are clearly not due to cyclones themselves but self-inflicted due to the fact that you are unable/unwilling to adjust your playstyle and prepare for when they come. Just like the others have pointed out earlier. You will always have ample time to prepare in advance, when there is going to be one and position yourself for a close-range engagement. There are plenty of working tactics to deal with this (stay close to others, advance in groups behind a DD and so on), you just have to learn them. :cap_book:

If you cannot adapt to new situations, which require a different approach than what you would normally do, then the fault lies with you and not the game. There are plenty of sensible tips in this thread, on what to do and how to play, when a cyclone hits.... Simply put: "Use it or lose it." It's all up to you.:cap_old:

• Cool 3

Players
425 posts
8,791 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

If you cannot adapt to new situations, which require a different approach than what you would normally do, then the fault lies with you and not the game. There are plenty of tips in this thread, of what to do and how to play, when a cyclone hits.... Simply put: "Use it or lose it." It's all up to you.:cap_old:

I think we are all banging our heads against the wall with this thread, OP shows no signs of understanding the situation..... at all!