Jump to content
  • 0
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DuneDreamer

Bourgogne

19 comments in this topic

Question

[STARS]
Players
457 posts

After watching a video of  how  the french battleship Bourgogne performs, I became very interested in it. It turns out that it mops up the floor with all the other ships in the game. The video in question is a review by Notser I saw yesterday:

 

 

I have several questions in relation to what I saw:

1. Will the ship retain its current characteristics or is it still in development and everything is subject to change?

2. Do we have any info on when the ship will be released? I saw a player today using it on the live server. I guess he is a tester.
3. Do we know how much it will cost and in what currency? Is it going to cost steel or free XP? My thoughts are that all tier 10 premiums will cost steel while their less powerful tier 9 counterparts will be paid in free XP.

4. Is it going to be a glass cannon as Notser says it may be in order to compensate for its insane rate of fire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,628 battles
  1. It's work in progress, so nothing definitive about her.
  2. No release date provided. Right now is being tested on live servers by STs and CCs.
  3. No information about how she will be purchased.
  4. It's T9 alsace pre nerf with better armour, but still not impresive by any mean and lowest HP of any other T10 BB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[STARS]
Players
457 posts
Just now, Vlad_Vado said:
  1. It's T9 alsace pre nerf with better armour, but still not impresive by any mean and lowest HP of any other T10 BB.

 

Did you watch the video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,628 battles
50 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

 

Did you watch the video?

When I meant not impresive I was referring to the armour, not the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
875 posts
4,010 battles

There is nothing special about this ship other than its a zouped up alsace. Having Alsace stats at Tier X really does not make it better, worse in fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[STARS]
Players
457 posts
8 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

There is nothing special about this ship other than its a zouped up alsace. Having Alsace stats at Tier X really does not make it better, worse in fact.

 

What about the reload booster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
875 posts
4,010 battles
6 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

 

What about the reload booster?

it only lasts a few seconds? the problem is the guns are a lower calibre 380mm. The average caliber at tier x is above 400mm, the Jean BArt will be even worse than the bourgogne. Get the alsace you will like her in tier 9 battles because your will hate bourgogne at tier x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[STARS]
Players
457 posts
6 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

it only lasts a few seconds? the problem is the guns are a lower calibre 380mm. The average caliber at tier x is above 400mm, the Jean BArt will be even worse than the bourgogne. Get the alsace you will like her in tier 9 battles because your will hate bourgogne at tier x.

I disagree. Have you watched the video by Notser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
875 posts
4,010 battles
7 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

I disagree. Have you watched the video by Notser?

Yes the review doesnt show anything special, the damage he was getting on the bourgogne you can get on the alsace. Have you played the Alsace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[STARS]
Players
457 posts
1 minute ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Yes the review doesnt show anything special, the damage he was getting on the bourgogne you can get on the alsace. Have you played the Alsace?

I haven't played Alsace, but as far as I know, it cannot make salvos in 10 second intervals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
875 posts
4,010 battles
27 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

I haven't played Alsace, but as far as I know, it cannot make salvos in 10 second intervals.

Salvos at 10 secs a piece and the burn time is 30 secs per boost. So in effect the reload boost gives you double the DPM for a total of 3 recharges. That equates to 1m30s of double damage you can do. A game is 20 mins long, hardly worth it I say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[STARS]
Players
457 posts
15 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Salvos at 10 secs a piece and the burn time is 30 secs per boost. So in effect the reload boost gives you double the DPM for a total of 3 recharges. That equates to 1m30s of double damage you can do. A game is 20 mins long, hardly worth it I say?

Actually, the number of recharges in the video are five.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[POI--]
Players
4,195 posts
5,167 battles
On 9/24/2018 at 3:50 PM, Vlad_Vado said:
  1. It's work in progress, so nothing definitive about her.
  2. No release date provided. Right now is being tested on live servers by STs and CCs.
  3. No information about how she will be purchased.
  4. It's T9 alsace pre nerf with better armour, but still not impresive by any mean and lowest HP of any other T10 BB.

How is the armour better? Good enough to survive HE spam or not get overmatched by Yamato that doesn't give a crap about those 32 mm BBs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,628 battles
17 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

How is the armour better? Good enough to survive HE spam or not get overmatched by Yamato that doesn't give a crap about those 32 mm BBs?

I don't think so. Better armour in tweaked to match T10 specs but still having the same drawbacks like being vulnerable to HE and Yamato being able to overmatch when bow on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,710 posts
9,234 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Argosax said:

There is nothing special about this ship other than its a zouped up alsace. Having Alsace stats at Tier X really does not make it better, worse in fact.

 

Did you play pre nerf Alsace? It was a ****ing beast.
Average damage on par with T10 BBs.

Bourgogne is a ship with basically the same MM, but more accurate with effectively double the reload rate whenever you need it the most.

Yeah....
Pre buff Alsace was good, souped up Alsace with 24.5s reload without AR from JJ Honore kicking in will be significantly better.
Overmatch be damned, when you pop up 12.5km from a target and you slam twice 12x380mm shells into an unsuspecting target within 12 seconds OR LESS....Overmatch doesn't really matter.

 

With the speed and concealment, you can very well dictact the engagement, meaning you don't always have to worry about overmatching 27mm bows.
It worked stupendously well for the Alsace, it's going to work even better for something more accurate with faster reload.
 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[RL7S]
Players
139 posts
2,033 battles

Exactly, a skilled player will be using that double dpm at the opportunities for maximum damage.

 

IE, when a BB has to give broadside and turn, instead of pumping 30k damage into them with 2 salvos the reload timer is going to mean 60k damage in 30 seconds.

 

Bourgogne is not going to be unusually powerful in the hands of players who just pop the reload booster to get in 2 more random salvos, but skilled players in this ship are going punish enemy mistakes incredibly hard.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[POI--]
Players
4,195 posts
5,167 battles

I mean, the good players will just wreck the enemy team, the potatoes will sort themselves out by speed boosting into situations where every HE spammer will focus them and deplete the bad hp pool for T10. Or they'll AP spam some bow on Yamato that can take out 20k from normal pens per salvo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×