You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Freyr_90

NA - land of the free

23 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
826 posts
14,605 battles

Just thought I'd share this with you. Watched the video as well, good stuff. 

Tldr, careful what you say on NA

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

>introduce completely broken cv

>be in wg team

>get deleted with said broken cv

>to add insult to injury that player takes a piss at you

>TRIGGERED.GIF

>ban the guy

>WE DID IT PLEBBIT!

gRuPpGK.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles

hearsay and blind assumptions

You do not know, whether this WG employee took steps towards you or not.

You do not know, if there were more complainments against you from other games.

This is just a mind-boggling conspiracy theory constructed by the player to blame some else them him for his ban. There is not a single indicator in the shared replay that the WG-employee was mad at you or something else. The mentioned employee didn't even used the chat!

So, how do you know, that it was him?

You cannot!

Maybe that player should learn something about cause and effect. And try to avoid to head into wild (and stupid) assumptions.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Players
2,071 posts
10,961 battles

Didn't the NA guys reacted pretty fast and furious previously against a certain NA CC :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 hour ago, Freyr_90 said:

Mhmm... Well NA sits in Chicago... My bet would have been somewhere in Commiefornia...

Still: Thats the reaction you would expect from a Millenial...

So:

Players
2,324 posts
11,290 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

hearsay and blind assumptions

You do not know, whether this WG employee took steps towards you or not.

You do not know, if there were more complainments against you from other games.

This is just a mind-boggling conspiracy theory constructed by the player to blame some else them him for his ban. There is not a single indicator in the shared replay that the WG-employee was mad at you or something else. The mentioned employee didn't even used the chat!

So, how do you know, that it was him?

You cannot!

Maybe that player should learn something about cause and effect. And try to avoid to head into wild (and stupid) assumptions.

Apparantly it is quite clear though.

The guy had never played with those 2 guys in his division ever before, but all three of them got the same mail. I guess it is still possible that something else happened after that game, but then they would have to be extremely obnoxious ALL three of them in a later game, so that other people would go send either a massive amount of ingame reports, or go through the process of sending a real message to WG, the imho only likely way to get that kind of warnings.

I've got 4 warnings myself on NA (never on EU, lol), and I also never got a mail like that, only a very particular ingame automated message. Those messages I got also only said strike x of 5.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if his account of what happened is just true.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,914 battles

On one hand, there's no guarantee the account strikes where in response to that particular game (though one would assume that said account strikes come with a short explanation what they're penalizing ...).

On the other hand, it's not like the NA regional WG department doesn't have a history of overreacting quite drastically every now and then, so it's still plausible that stuff happened as described.

[NED]
Players
4,379 posts
12,066 battles

OK, besides the despicable CV behavior which I'm all too used to, like not finishing off that torped BB which caused their team a DD and dropping the already under fire AFK BB, (I was amazed to see he did make an attempt to block the Guilio drop from the red CV) I didn't see anything which deserved such a strike. However I don't know what happened after that battle. I'm hearing 1 side of a story here. Perhaps that guy was mocking the WG player in port afterwards.

Players
2,071 posts
10,961 battles

Screenshot_20180924-174302_Chrome.thumb.jpg.91a980dee13aa39ef5f514af57b8a0d0.jpg

Well if the guy they described is the same WG employee then I don't think we should be suprised. Also why do all this turd storm always seem to involve their NA community team.

• Funny 3

[NED]
Players
1,836 posts
7,070 battles
17 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Screenshot_20180924-174302_Chrome.thumb.jpg.91a980dee13aa39ef5f514af57b8a0d0.jpg

Well if the guy they described is the same WG employee then I don't think we should be suprised. Also why do all this turd storm always seem to involve their NA community team.

Because shoot first ask questions later is the 'murrica thing to do ?

But honestly i doubt its the wargaming employee doing anything but the platoon being obnoxious over several games to farm enough reports.

• Boring 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
2 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

But honestly i doubt its the wargaming employee doing anything but the platoon being obnoxious over several games to farm enough reports.

My thoughts too...

• Boring 1

Players
2,324 posts
11,290 battles
19 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

16 minutes ago, principat121 said:

My thoughts too...

Just to enlighten you nice kids, cause that's how nice of a guy I am, despite having a lot of experience in the topic at hand :Smile-_tongue:

One does not get a formal warning, especially threefold, just by collecting a lot of reports. If you get a lot of reports, the automatic chatban system kicks in, that's all. It might be possible that a WG employee checks you out if you get e.g. 5 chatbans in a week, but we're not talking about that kind of timespan here.

One does get a formal warning, if people send a personal message to WG. Granted, on the US people are a little bit easier triggered to do that, but again, to get THREE persons in trouble, they would have to get quite obnoxious.

NOT saying it's impossible, but it is a very very small chance.

I am surprised with you guys. You - rightfully - consider the possibility of the OP being wrong/lying about other things they did. You - rightfully - consider most people that believe him gullible. But you guys - a priori - don't want to consider that a WG moderater or anyone affiliated with them could be an asshat.

Curious...

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles

Regardless of whether it is true or not, the real issue is that given the record, it could be true and few if anyone would be surprised. And it is not a good thing when players think like that about your staff.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,836 posts
7,070 battles
28 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Just to enlighten you nice kids, cause that's how nice of a guy I am, despite having a lot of experience in the topic at hand :Smile-_tongue:

One does not get a formal warning, especially threefold, just by collecting a lot of reports. If you get a lot of reports, the automatic chatban system kicks in, that's all. It might be possible that a WG employee checks you out if you get e.g. 5 chatbans in a week, but we're not talking about that kind of timespan here.

One does get a formal warning, if people send a personal message to WG. Granted, on the US people are a little bit easier triggered to do that, but again, to get THREE persons in trouble, they would have to get quite obnoxious.

NOT saying it's impossible, but it is a very very small chance.

I am surprised with you guys. You - rightfully - consider the possibility of the OP being wrong/lying about other things they did. You - rightfully - consider most people that believe him gullible. But you guys - a priori - don't want to consider that a WG moderater or anyone affiliated with them could be an asshat.

Curious...

Having no experience (yet) with chatbans i had not considered the formal warning vs automatic chatban.

If this is indeed true that it would be outrageous behavior by Gneisenau to abuse his position like that. (thanks mrfingers for pointing out its not RadarX)

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,775 posts

I don't think it's a chatban, but an account ban (not being able to play). 

And it's not RadarX who is the culprit, but a staffmember called "Gneisenau".

• Cool 5

Players
2,109 posts
15,594 battles

Note he didn't get the strike for deleting the WG staffer but for his misbehaviour in chat.

Rubbing it into an already subdued, inferior player's face in this way is about the worst kind of chat abuse. It fits my mental picture of the offender and his mates quite perfectly that they bad-faith misrepresented their sanction in this way.

I'd only wish WG would deal that way more readily with every pu^h... player who does that.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[THROW]
[THROW]
Weekend Tester
992 posts
5,602 battles
33 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

I'd only wish WG would deal that way more readily with every pu^h... player who does that.

The main problem with this is that they won't. You can abuse players however much you like, at most you will get a 24h chat ban.

But if you even mildly flame a WG employee you get an account ban?

Nah, WG really should look into this.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,001 posts
6,733 battles

So in case anyone didn't know (I didn't), on NA there is this 5 strikes you're out policy. Basically get 5 chat bans and you're permabanned. While the message looks like a warning it is one strike gone.

Jesus Christ whoever thought that was a good idea?

On the other hand we have no way of knowing that dude didn't get reported for abuse by some salty division in the game after, or whatever. Maybe days before even. WG said they are looking into it and anyone reading the results please be a good chap and post it here because this is pretty interesting I must say. Massive e-drama on reddit is always good entertainment. 

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,830 posts
15,676 battles
58 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Note he didn't get the strike for deleting the WG staffer but for his misbehaviour in chat.

Rubbing it into an already subdued, inferior player's face in this way is about the worst kind of chat abuse. It fits my mental picture of the offender and his mates quite perfectly that they bad-faith misrepresented their sanction in this way.

No he didn't. The only thing Knavbot wrote in the chat was "Enjoy WG" after sinking the WG employee, "I mean Tel (enemy GZ) I counter strafed you how is that BS?" and "please don't cap", that's not abuse or misbehavior unless you are so thin skinned that you get offended by people breathing next to you. No amount of obfuscation will hide the fact that the player did nothing in that game that would warrant the reaction he received.

I have watched the whole replay and I must say that the behavior of other players not in the division during that game, on both teams, was much worse.  So please check your calls for punishing people who broke no rules.

The whole situation stinks, as there is clear evidence in the form of an uncut replay showing what was said during the game.

5 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

Jesus Christ whoever thought that was a good idea?

The same people who fly off the handle whenever others don't march in lock step behind them? WG NA has already a very bad name because of their actions towards the community.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
2,071 posts
10,961 battles
3 hours ago, piet11111 said:

Because shoot first ask questions later is the 'murrica thing to do ?

3 hours ago, principat121 said:

My thoughts too...

TBH i don't think I'll put it pass them to do such a thing given their track record of going overboard with the stuff they do.

Edit: Not the devs but their NA com team.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,779 posts
2,811 battles
6 hours ago, Freyr_90 said:

Everything written on the internet is true, clearly. :fish_nerv:

Even though this happened on another server, the same rules about discussing moderation actions and sanctions on the forums apply. Rest assured that we are not in the business of banning players without some solid reasoning.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1