You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ASharpPencil

I lost my game, and not to players...

192 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
246 posts
5,323 battles

Since I heard of the new CV change,  I stopped playing, I said to myself... why

There is no point,  the change is 

so great, it's not my game any more...

But last day I logged again and play 3 games, won them all, but felt so bad from the experience, what was the point, the game is going to change...

So I stopped again, looking at the PC and feeling so sad, over me, over the time I spent in the game, over the money I spent, over the players that are my friends, but I won't play with them anymore...

I loved the RTS play style, it was playing chess with the opposite side. 

Can't bring my self to play arcade 3D shooter...

I lost the game to WG.

Working as intended...

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 2

[ITA_C]
Players
231 posts
6,718 battles

i feel the same but saying that here you just expose yourself for the fun of the frustated average  playerbase wich had never understand  the game but belive in the dogma of the infamous "impact  in the game of the carriers" just for do not accuse theirself for their failures 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
14,759 posts
10,885 battles
58 minutes ago, ASharpPencil said:

Since I heard of the new CV change,  I stopped playing, I said to myself... why

There is no point,  the change is 

so great, it's not my game any more...

But last day I logged again and play 3 games, won them all, but felt so bad from the experience, what was the point, the game is going to change...

So I stopped again, looking at the PC and feeling so sad, over me, over the time I spent in the game, over the money I spent, over the players that are my friends, but I won't play with them anymore...

I lost the game to WG.

Working as intended...

If you play a game because of the money you spend on it, then maybe you should not play it.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles

Well, technically speaking you DID lose this game to the players, because the vast majority of them are too *edited* to deal with CVs/torps/HE spam/etc.

Thus creating the need for WG to dumb such mechanics down so even the most *edited*  potato can be successful in some way.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 8

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles
7 ore fa, El2aZeR ha scritto:

Well, technically speaking you DID lose this game to the players, because the vast majority of them *edited* to deal with CVs/torps/HE spam/etc.

Thus creating the need for WG to dumb such mechanics down so even the most *edited* potato can be successful in some way.

Get lost. You know very well what I mean. That s why CVs were excluded from CW. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[5D]
Players
478 posts
20,656 battles

Yeh WG are really ruining the game for us CV players just because most people can't be bothered to learn the class. But hey what can we do about it. My condolences sir. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles
2 hours ago, ASharpPencil said:

And you, stop the hypocrisy. The CV minigame is one of the worst RTS game available in the last 25 years. Even the ancient  Warcraft or Dune were incomparable beter. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

Players
289 posts
977 battles

too bad wargaming stuck with bugworld and couldn't be arsed to expand upon the controls and features of aircraft carriers to make them more effcient to play and not buggy as they are currently.

im just hoping permafires and floods won't be the new flavour of CV's after the rework and that AA because less than subpar otherwise the whole changes would be pointless.

[_XII_]
Players
325 posts
2,497 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

And you, stop the hypocrisy. The CV minigame is one of the worst RTS game available in the last 25 years. Even the ancient  Warcraft or Dune were incomparable beter. 

Dune...that word gave me a flashback...never do that again now I feel :cap_old:

Players
579 posts
5,014 battles

Farm their tears while you can :)

That will most likley some more months.

Set a goal for the remaining time: 2000 Dev Strikes? 10.000 kills? Whatever fits your stats - have fun.

I dont care for the rework - i will enjoy the time left to farm bad players :cap_haloween:

And i can stockpile other games to play after rework ....

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,123 posts
18,206 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

[...] stop the hypocrisy. [...]

my fun funnigly enough not allows ur fun to be fun.... yeah.............................

who would ever think that it's not the rts style that's a problem, but WG incompetence in this regard to balance it properly?!

...I T    I S    N O T    R T S    T H A T ' S    P R O B L E M..... it's the way it is set up in terms of AA to plane to plane to ship to dmg.... -balance (including plane spotting mechanics!)... but yeah.... *sigh*

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,308 posts
9,577 battles
3 hours ago, 22cm said:

Get lost. You know very well what I mean. That s why CVs were excluded from CW.

No, the reason CVs were excluded from CW was because in all the time prior to the introduction of CW, including the "Year of the CV" WG did nothing to alleviate any of the gameplay issues, despite numerous CV mains who also identified problems with the gameplay and dwindling CV player numbers having given their feedback of proposals such as limited aircraft range, a fuel system and such things to combat some of the most common issues.

Then WG used the consequence of them sitting on their hands as an excuse to avoid trying to work CVs into CW alltogether.

The whole CV shebang is an entirely selfmade problem by WG that inexplicably didn't solve itself by ignoring it and now rather than trying to keep their original plan and improve it they're literally flipping the game board ...

ForPOJQ.gif

... and alienating what players had been stuck to it in the process.

Which for some bizarre reasons seems to attract some players who think it legitimizes their personal anti-CV vendettas and behaviour when antagonizing people who don't share the same opinion.

2 hours ago, 22cm said:

The word you were looking for there was "hyperbole".

• Cool 7

Players
3,363 posts
5,845 battles
5 hours ago, ASharpPencil said:

looking at the PC and feeling so sad, over me, over the time I spent in the game, over the money I spent, over the players that are my friends, but I won't play with them anymore...

You shouldnt feel sad about the past tho. Keep the good memories alive. Every game, even the best, comes to an end at some point. Yea, it sucks for many others the game will continue, true. But if you really made friends in this game, chances are high, you´ll stay in contact. I played the first MMOs almost 20 years ago. Those games are long gone. But the guys, I did meet there, I still keep in touch with up to this day. Sometimes, we pick up new games, that we all like and then its like back in the days again. Or we just chat, remembering the old games, laugh and have a good time. Nothing is lost.

• Cool 2

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles
On 24/09/2018 at 6:40 AM, ASharpPencil said:

Let me put it in a way easier to understand:

Nobody wants to be 1 of the 11 pawns in the chess game between 2 CV players, there is no fun at all for them, especially when there is a big difference between the 2 CV players. 

And you can not expect those 11 players to pay for content to keep the game going on, just for a single player to have fun.  I don't know why WG did not realize this sooner. 

• Cool 15

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,046 posts
3 hours ago, 22cm said:

The CV minigame is one of the worst RTS game available in the last 25 years. Even the ancient  Warcraft or Dune were incomparable beter. 

Even Dune? Even?

Pay some respects sir! Dune was a great game!

I still have nightmares with voices in my head saying "harvester destroyed" :cap_haloween::cap_fainting:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles
1 minute ago, Bellegar said:

Even Dune? Even?

Pay some respects sir! Dune was a great game!

I still have nightmares with voices in my head saying "harvester destroyed" :cap_haloween::cap_fainting:

Yeah, I would play any version of Dune instead of the crappy CV RTS. Old ones were the best ones. :Smile_great:

• Angry 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
753 posts
18,325 battles
9 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Nobody wants to be 1 of the 11 pawns in the chess game between 2 CV players, there is no fun at all for them, especially when there is a big difference between the 2 CV players. 

Even in new dumbed down version there will be best and worse cv players, so keep crying after rework.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
63 posts
2,214 battles

CV gameplay will never work while the CVs are on the map. How many CVs were actually sunk by Battleships etc? They were usually hundreds of miles away, vulnerable to enemy aircraft and submarines. No CV would deliberately come within 30km of the enemy!

Equally idiotic is that CVs can fly squadrons again and again against the enemy. The genuine distances involved would reduce this enormously.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,143 posts
5,915 battles

@ASharpPencil You should write a book about this. Would sell out better than this topic. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,308 posts
9,577 battles
10 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Even in new dumbed down version there will be best and worse cv players, so keep crying after rework.

It's arguably going to be worse because:

• No more CV MM limitation means if WG gets what they want we're going to see 3 CVs per team in a match which is basically the same number of strike aircraft as it's now, not less as some people seem to understand the single-squadron gameplay.
  • Individual CVs being closer to their point of action means faster attack cycling, meaning more attacks than compared to now where a single CV has to send and recover his strike craft covering a larger portion of the map by himself.
  • Three individual players are going to manage their own squadron independently which means every single attack is going to be manually flown which is something that's pretty damn hard to do when you'd otherwise also have to manage other squadrons as it is right now.
  • No more active fighter play aside from pressing a button and pointing at a general area, so all ships are potentionally more exposed to strikes than before.
  • With the active AA control component, splits non-CV player attention between aiming their AA at manually dodging aircraft (ergo a solid amount of attention required, not just click once and be done with it) and paying attention to all the other ships that would just love to farm a distracted victim.