Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Can we get more of this?

20 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,392 battles

Please? 

There are many more maps to add this.

GwTnJfR.jpg

• Cool 7
  • Funny 17

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

As BB's are ignoring this and still going to the "old" D cap how about this -

Make the area of "D" (the 9/10 line) a minefield using the same logic as the Asashio's DW torps which only target BB's!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
439 posts
8,421 battles

They could take a leap out of War Thunders book and make certain parts of the map too shallow for certain ships.

• Cool 6

Players
366 posts
1,500 battles

Oh man that's put a smile on my face. I nominate Shards and Fault Line for similar treatment. (The first for my own benefit as much as anything else :Smile_teethhappy:)

• Cool 2

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,737 battles
5 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Oh man that's put a smile on my face. I nominate Shards and Fault Line for similar treatment. (The first for my own benefit as much as anything else :Smile_teethhappy:)

Shards, maybe. But I call nonsense on Fault Line - the C cap is a hilariously fun area to push through in a Gneisenau/Scharnhorst, and still decent in other BBs as long as you know what you're doing :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles

Had 2 games on this map today (well 1 was northen light but hey its the same). 

1st game, domination battle, high tier,friendly Republic and Bismark headed towards that RNGesus forsken place. I asked them why they were going there and told them there was nothing there. Got ignored. Republic sank within the first 5 min of the game, Bismark fared slightly better but still died, all the while chatting in Hungarian in global chat.

2nd game, standard battle, mid~high tier game. Friendly kitikaze, NO and Colorado went to that place that shall not be named. I was in my Kaga. Enemy Hiryu TBs headed towards that area as well. Kiti kept on pinging for AA. I refused and unfortunately the enemy Hiryu didnt drop them either.

And yes I've decided no matter what class im in, be it DD,CA,BB or CV im never going to help any allied ship in that failure of a map design. By going there they're as good as dead to the team already. No point wasting time and effort that can be spent on allies who are actually trying to win.

We lost the 1st game and won the 2nd. That 2nd game was prettt intense in the end since we only had 2 dds left vs ~5 enemy ships including the Hiryu. 1 friendly DD capped enemy base and flipped the enemies' cap at exactly the last second.

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
288 posts
9,282 battles

went there in my TRB no smoke Kagero today and had a Massachusetts and Bismark follow me, 'friendly' Cossack went C and started ranting at us, we flanked the ships to his north and turned the battle.
More than one way to skin a cat...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,654 posts
9,504 battles

Thats the normal perception of a human:

7 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Please? 

There are many more maps to add this.

GwTnJfR.jpg

Now the same picture for a  BB player:

(replace with a whole 20l paint bucket of glue if top tier BB)

M5LwuYc.jpg

Simply irresistible to them ......

So yeah, not much hope there with this playerbase.

This ist the new North? I guess I have to play it but damn, thats just a array of straight corridors, that you will die if you ever try to cross because of torps/shells - I guess not enough sitting bow in-meta .......

• Funny 2

Players
366 posts
1,500 battles
8 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Shards, maybe. But I call nonsense on Fault Line - the C cap is a hilariously fun area to push through in a Gneisenau/Scharnhorst, and still decent in other BBs as long as you know what you're doing :Smile_izmena:

Fair enough, I should have been more specific. I wasn't thinking of BBs going through C so much as a few incidents recently where I've been a BB on that map, with 3-4 DDs per team, and the friendly DD captains could have benefited from a reminder that the B cap is not made of lava. Maybe it's actually atypical but it happened enough to feel like a pattern was developing.

I'm positive I could have played it better in every case; I have a lot to learn, including how to handle those situations. But it's certainly provided important lessons for my own DD play about what happens when you don't attempt to contest B in the early game despite having enough destroyers to do so.

[But altogether I'm not really being serious. I don't actually want hand-holding signs on every map; the one in the OP is an amusing joke that probably shouldn't be pushed further] :Smile_smile:

[POI--]
Players
3,909 posts
5,023 battles
7 hours ago, havaduck said:
This ist the new North? I guess I have to play it but damn, thats just a array of straight corridors, that you will die if you ever try to cross because of torps/shells - I guess not enough sitting bow in-meta .......

Mostly noticed that the islands west of centre cap were changed, as well as the large island inbetween C and D (new D, not old D). The first change I saw not much new there, the second change mostly just means there are corridors to shoot through, not so much to pass through. Don't steam broadside past them.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles
14 hours ago, 10ThousandThings said:

All maparea north of A cap in Okinawa and first 2 squarelines behind friendly spawn on every match (to help all those BB captains that by mistake punch ship into reverse directly at start....), Mid channel on 2 brothers.

[HF_30]
Players
1,320 posts
18 hours ago, IanH755 said:

As BB's are ignoring this and still going to the "old" D cap how about this -

Make the area of "D" (the 9/10 line) a minefield using the same logic as the Asashio's DW torps which only target BB's!

Just put minefields of that sort in the outer parts of all maps, let's say two squares wide, and a whole lot of problems with this game would be instantly remedied.

I'm dead-serious here for once.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,909 posts
5,023 battles
1 hour ago, tenacious_torps said:

Just put minefields of that sort in the outer parts of all maps, let's say two squares wide, and a whole lot of problems with this game would be instantly remedied.

I'm dead-serious here for once.

At that point, you could just delete that area and make the map smaller.

Players
2,371 posts
6,683 battles
1 minute ago, Riselotte said:

At that point, you could just delete that area and make the map smaller.

Which imo would be a step into the wrong direction.

What I don't miss from WoT is the over-engineered maps they have over there.

Or put another cap there so there is at least some reason to go there. It's a trade-off. And besides, the islands there have been made smaller anyway.

It's the same as Fault Line, let there be opportunities for people to make mistakes, don't fullel everyone into a meatgrinder where the battle is detaildly orchistrated on a drawingboard. I prefer maps with different opportunities, different approaches, not another game where all battles are designed and gameplay is fully determined the second the map starts to load.

And frankly, a lot of that BBaby stuff on this forum often is basically just whining that's based on hardly anything more then selfish toxicity, blaming others for their mistakes and making up problems, just so they can keep blaming others.

Now the sign (which is what this thread was about, I think) is a very nice touch :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this