Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_KriegWurst

Can we have a way to Disable seeing map pings from players?

34 comments in this topic

Players
97 posts
5,904 battles

Dear WG,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us the option to hide all input from a player. A simple ignore map pings from player option below the disable chat or even a "Bozo" mode where you can just straight up ignore these clowns. I came sooo close to turning pink in order to shut up a Musashi in my last battle. 

Thanks.

• Cool 5

Players
59 posts
2,332 battles

This has been requested a lot from players and if I recall correctly WG answer so far has been that they are aware about this but there isn't an easy way to implement a mute for map-pinging/quick commands in the code. :Smile_sceptic:

Personally I agree since there are players who abuse/troll with ping and quick command and it is tiring to say the least. :Smile_sad:

Players
1,751 posts
9,905 battles
14 minutes ago, 22cm said:

You already have, put them on ignore. It s enough. 

It only ignores chat not pings. 

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
851 posts
5,114 battles

I've not played WoT for a few years but this was a problem at one time in that game.  I believe WG implemented something that stopped this from happening in--game - I'm quite sure it was just putting the user on ignore that did that.

I think they are different game engines but it maybe possible to do.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
26 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Except it's not.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
1 hour ago, ajb13 said:

My computer monitor has a big 'OFF' button in the corner   :Smile_teethhappy:

Bit hard to play WoWs without your screen spotting things for you though.

• Funny 1

[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,536 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Dear WG,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us the option to hide all input from a player. A simple ignore map pings from player option below the disable chat or even a "Bozo" mode where you can just straight up ignore these clowns. I came sooo close to turning pink in order to shut up a Musashi in my last battle. 

Thanks.

Why was the Musashi pinging you though? 

Players
97 posts
5,904 battles
37 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

He was pinging everybody who'd decided to go AB as a team, rather than BC as he wanted us to do. 

Basically chat was:

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

(pause for over use of pings) 

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

This carried on for a good 7 minutes until I pulled along side in my Khaba fired warning shot across his bow and told him I'd happily go pink for some peace and quiet. 

Beta Tester
204 posts
4,742 battles
1 hour ago, DJ_Die said:

They don't always need a reason, I've had games where an ally spends the entire game spamming chat commands just to be annoying because they know you can't mute it.

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,918 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

He was pinging everybody who'd decided to go AB as a team, rather than BC as he wanted us to do.  

So basically you all mutinied when he ordered you to go to B&C, so he disciplined you all with a good pinging. I'd say you got off lightly :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,536 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

This carried on for a good 7 minutes until I pulled along side in my Khaba fired warning shot across his bow and told him I'd happily go pink for some peace and quiet. 

Right, thats means one of you was way out of position...  Did you win? 

29 minutes ago, ScienceWoona said:

They don't always need a reason, I've had games where an ally spends the entire game spamming chat commands just to be annoying because they know you can't mute it.

Of course. But often there IS a reason. Id like to know if this is the case. 

Beta Tester
806 posts
7,984 battles

Terrible idea. It's the only way to communicate with teammates due to chat-bans. Spam it.

• Cool 1

Players
1,751 posts
9,905 battles
1 minute ago, P2Win said:

Terrible idea. It's the only way to communicate with teammates due to chat-bans. Spam it.

@MrConway @Crysantos seeing that there are trolls or disgruntled chat-banned players out there in the game who are out to make their teammates' lives a misery, any chance you guys can ask the dev team to do something about it? I know its only QoL and happens now and then but when it does its an entire game of up to 20min no stop spamming.

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,360 posts
4,124 battles

Maybe we get this option in the far future, but first they must get a committee which elaborade the political consequences and if the lack pf pinging will hurt the gameplay.

So it will get a while until the will get a decision, maybe 5-6 years!

Players
97 posts
5,904 battles
3 hours ago, DJ_Die said:

Right, thats means one of you was way out of position...  Did you win? 

We did actually. 

I pulled alongside whilst disengaging from B. I'd been supporting the cap there and had to kite a bit while drawing fire away from the other DD was I helping.

I headed for the Musashi in the hope that he might draw some fire and maybe eat a citadel and be removed by the enemy. 

Also he was really getting on my tits by that point so tbh I was considering torping him just to shut him up. That's the great thing about a Khaba you can reposition easily. 

After the battle I checked his profile he had 10k battles and a 53% win rate and he pulled his weight in the engagement, the problem was he utterly obnoxious and annoying during the fight. 

[HAERT]
Players
2,101 posts
9 hours ago, 22cm said:

Nope, doesn't work with F keys and map pings and as we know some of the people with chat bans use spamming F keys and map pings as a form of "revenge", they even admit it on the forums.

As @Captain_KriegWurst said the ignore player and blacklist should totally shut these morons up, but they don't @MrConway has been trying to get it resolved, but apparently it's rather complicated so on the do sometime (or do never) list.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,061 posts
17,291 battles

I guess I did not have a case of intense pinging recently then... 

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
66 posts
7,266 battles
12 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Basically chat was:

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

PING

PING

PING

PING

@&£@&#!

Haven't you seen the team killing protection system? Its literally impossible to team kill a full hp friendly ship without dying yourself. Even if you drop 15 torps on him, they somehow do like 99% lower damage than normally should. The only way to teamkill is if annoying “friend„ on low health or burning/flooding and has no repair. Beleave me, i tried many times. Most of them you end up dying yourself by the team damage penalty. I really don't like this protection system :) you still get teamkill penalty but you not really killing a teammate. 

I'm sure many of you had a situation where your potato friend is better off dead than alive. Especially if you are on low hp hiding in your smoke, waiting for repair or smth and "friendly" ship rushes into your smoke right next to you without any chance to hide dragging all incoming fire with him. Ramming you just to stop and then you eat random shells which were launched on him. These are one of the situations where you better off turning your guns on him and releasing him out of his misery. Saving yourself and possibly a win for a team. 

• Cool 1

Players
97 posts
5,904 battles

@Sugertukas Actually I hadn't heard of that, I know friendly fire does reduced damage but I assumed that 2 Khaba torp spreads would do the job.

Seems it only makes BBs with large health pools immune. (I've done accidental TKs on DDs and CA/CLs before with careless torps). 

Thanks for the knowledge :) 

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
66 posts
7,266 battles
5 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

@Sugertukas Actually I hadn't heard of that, I know friendly fire does reduced damage but I assumed that 2 Khaba torp spreads would do the job.

Seems it only makes BBs with large health pools immune. (I've done accidental TKs on DDs and CA/CLs before with careless torps). 

Thanks for the knowledge :) 

I need more testing (lol) but full set of torps Usually don't sink even friendly Cruisers. Once i launched 8 torps on "friendly" afk CV in z52 then we lost a game in 4minutes and i only took down 1/3rd of his health the most (no, it's different from damage saturation). You instantly get teamkilling penalty and your HP starts ticking down quickly until you die (unless its a minor damage so it stops). Don't know on which update they implemented this but it's very hard to team kill. Last week i ate friendly shimas torp in hindenburg who tried to sink me internationally and the damage was nowhere near as big as enemy's shima would do. But in a same time you can accidentally team kill a ship who sails on your torp. Could it be that as soon as system picks up a team damage from you, it reduces it dramatically further. Just my prediction due to normally shimas torp would devastate half health hindenburg but since he pewpew'ed me before, got penalty as system announces, torp hit did minor dmg. Don't know does it work the same in training room, would be interesting to test. (ps i don't recommend testing it in randoms, you won't make your team happy about it) 

Sign in to follow this