You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZAMRAM

CV gameplay: How to zoom in and out MAP view, while maintainig focus on squadrons?

8 comments in this topic

[BLUMR]
Players
41 posts
8,085 battles

This players goes back and forth between the normal (zoomed in view) and the MAP (overview) very quickly.

While if I click on the [M] and back, then I lose the focus on the area where my mouse was!

HOW can I switch back and forth between the normal view, and the Map view and maintain my focus on the squadrons I intend to perform an action with? Thanks!

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles

TBH I think it just takes time getting use to. I do the same all the time as well like Fara zooming in and out while playing my CV.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,446 posts
13,843 battles

Personally I never bothered with the tac map and just use the minimap instead.

If you don't know yet, you can adjust the size of the minimap using your +/- keys. You can also use it to set waypoints for both your ship and your squads if you have the alternative controls enabled.

If you don't like that, double tapping a correspondimg number key lets you jump to that squad. Alternatively you can click once on the minimap to move your view to the specified position.

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Players
41 posts
8,085 battles

Thanks but none of these answers my question.

I know I can enlarge the minimap. I want to use the MAP instead.

Fara doest NOT roll zoom in and out in multiple steps, he single-clicks for that. No double clicks or rolls.

Thanks

[BLUMR]
Players
41 posts
8,085 battles

At 4:41 the MAP view gets smoooothly and silently focused on to the currently already selected squadrons.

HOW is this achieved?? What did he do to TOGGLE between Map and this?

If I press M while in Map view, I get to a useless left upper corner. Very frustrating to say the least! 

The user interface is garbage the way it is. No wonder they are changing it completelyu and entirely.

Untill then I would like to enjoyu if only somebody tells me the way to how - its NOT user friendly design / not obvious to me.

Thanks

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,446 posts
13,843 battles
1 minute ago, ZAMRAM said:

HOW is this achieved? 

Tbh I don't know either as again I don't use the tac map, but try double tapping or holding the corresponding number key.

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles
29 minutes ago, ZAMRAM said:

HOW is this achieved?? What did he do to TOGGLE between Map and this?

Press M to zoom out and M to zoom back in? Lol.

Edit: Double confirmed it in training room. It was that simple :Smile_teethhappy:

Edit 2: My bad.If you wanna be with a particular squad scroll in with your mouse around that squad. Pressing M will zoom you back in but only to where you last scrolled in if it makes any sense. But yeah go create a training room and test it for yourself if you want to.

[BLUMR]
Players
41 posts
8,085 battles

Thanks for all advises folks!

Ive given up playing CV as whatever I have tried (including all suggestions here AND in official wikipedia pages AND other forums) does not allow me to enjoy playing in a "relaxed" arcadic mode at least not in the current UI / CV game mode.

Who knows perhaps in the reworked version (which will take a year orso) I (and others who totally hate playing CVs at the moment) might enjoy playing the CV mode but for now its more frustrating me than it is joyful fun to command the squadrons "precisely" into their positions.