Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StakamanWT

NOT touching ranked ever again.

162 comments in this topic

Players
28 posts
8,061 battles

I have been stuck at rank 5-6 for days now for absolutely ZERO gain and have been losing money like there is no tomorrow. Ranked is infested with sub-par level players who have literally broken ranked gaming. I am not touching ranked ever again until WG actually do something to seriously correct this travesty.
It is simply too frustrating to play ranked. It is not worth it anymore because the level of gameplay is THAT bad. Ranked has devolved into a frustrating process of grinding. It has nothing to do with skill anymore. If MM is kind to you and you are put in a team that has at least a basic understanding of how to play then you are okay. If on the other hand MM decides to troll you and puts you in a team with players with an average win rate of 47% and below then it is over before it even starts.
I am forced to not only fight against 7 players on the enemy team but also I have to fight and compensate for the total stupidity of the 6 players on my own team.
That's it. I'm done with ranked.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BS4]
Players
762 posts
5,135 battles

Seems a shame to give up so near the finish line.....but I do understand your fustration if indeed the teams are as bad as you say they are...

4 or 5 more games mate and your there...you've come this far. 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,066 posts
5,823 battles

I essentially gave up on Ranked when I got to 15 - the key problem with the mode is that it punishes good players excessively if they get someone like me on their side.

As I've said elsewhere, a new way to advance needs to be found that purely rewards good play, and doesn't require that your team-mates can find their bottoms with both hands and a map...

The difficulty is devising such a method, such that it rewards skill and not just sheer persistence (assuming that is what is wanted from the mode).

• Cool 6

[BS4]
Players
762 posts
5,135 battles
7 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Wut? He is on rank 5 how can he rank out in 5 games???

Sorry...ment 4 or 5 more WINS....doh:Smile_facepalm:

[NWP]
Players
3,525 posts
5,864 battles
1 minute ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Sorry...ment 4 or 5 more WINS....doh:Smile_facepalm:

More like 20-25 wins :Smile-_tongue: From R5 onwards you need 5 wins per rank.

@ OP

Maybe Montana/Gearing doesnt really work on that rank. Id go for Moskva maybe (since you have limited choices). I mean, you arent really excelling in Montana, looking at your stats...

Ill go with Hindenburg till R5 (If i choose to) and if i want to continue i might try Salem for those ranks, because of Radar. Or Radar Mino maybe. I think Radar is more valuable on those ranks than on the lower ones.

[BS4]
Players
762 posts
5,135 battles

1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

@ OP

Maybe Montana/Gearing doesnt really work on that rank. Id go for Moskva maybe (since you have limited choices). I mean, you arent really excelling in Montana, looking at your stats...

Ill go with Hindenburg till R5 (If i choose to) and if i want to continue i might try Salem for those ranks, because of Radar. Or Radar Mino maybe. I think Radar is more valuable on those ranks than on the lower ones.

No actually your right...I'll show myself out...

• Funny 4

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,069 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

@ OP

Radar mino is probably a good choice. There are only a few select ships that are good rank 5-1, unless you're really excellent in some odd one.

[NWP]
Players
3,525 posts
5,864 battles
1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

Radar mino is probably a good choice. There are only a few select ships that are good rank 5-1, unless you're really excellent in some odd one.

I feel pretty comfortable in Hindi, but not sure if that really works, as i suspect heavy island camping Worcesters and co on the higher ranks :cap_haloween:

Well, got still plenty of time to worry about, only at 9 atm with 26 battles played. I dont really play much ranked :Smile_teethhappy: Maybe ill continue tomorrow again :fish_book:

Players
28 posts
8,061 battles

What a lot of people fail to understand is that not everyone has a humongous amount of free time or has premium to simply power through ranked or make up the money for the number of losses that they incur. I myself have a day job and a lot going on in my life atm and my free time is very limited and therefore very precious to me. So being paired with other players who simply don't care or who are playing in order to get carried by their teams or simply have a "It's only game, why you hef to be mad" mentality is extremely frustrating and simply not worth my time. Time is a commodity in the real world. People should learn to appreciate it more and also to respect other people's time as well. It feels like I am wasting my time in this mode and generally in this game because WG simply refuses to address the situation with bad players. There are no restrictions for competitive gameplay in this game. Everyone and anyone can play any mode. And THAT is what poisons the game for me.

[JRM]
Players
939 posts
13,422 battles

Ok lets say most forumites would agree with you on principle, but how would you ie solve this MM issue?

Players
28 posts
8,061 battles

@Yedwy  You introduce a mechanic that bans players from ranked based on win rate in randoms. And in order to make sure that no one fixes his stats you make it so that the win rate that is taken into account is from T6/7 and up.

That is one mechanic I can think of.

Or, you can use the above mentioned mechanic (ie win rate - tied to whether or not someone can compete in ranked) into the league system you have in ranked.
So everyone can play ranked up until let's say rank 15. And then after that only the players with certain win rates will be allowed to proceed to the higher ranks. That will force the players who want to progress to get better and the ones who are not interested, and are just playing because they have nothing better to do, to stay at those ranks and save the rest of us the frustration of having to deal with these people.

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,069 battles
7 minutes ago, StakamanWT said:

@Yedwy  You introduce a mechanic that bans players from ranked based on win rate in randoms. And in order to make sure that no one fixes his stats you make it so that the win rate that is taken into account is from T6/7 and up.

You'd not solve anything by doing so. You'd only increase the skill level and the same number of people would come to the forum to complain they're not ranking up as fast as they should. Plus WG would have to deal with a huge number of complaints from players unjustly being locked out of Ranked, not to mention the increase of queue times for Ranked...

• Cool 4

[DC-DK]
Players
2,065 posts
23,532 battles

You can't block paying customers, it would be extremely stupid to bite the hand which is feeding you.... So no it will never happen

Players
28 posts
8,061 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

You can't block paying customers, it would be extremely stupid to bite the hand which is feeding you.... So no it will never happen

Exactly. I am in total agreement with you there. And that is the real crux of the matter. As long as WG refuse to deal with this situation some of the better players will continue to grind through ranked and others will simply give it up. In the end it is the bottom line that counts and I know that unfortunately nothing is going to come out of this. I just needed to vent my frustration. I have been playing this game 3 years now ever since the very first day of the open beta. I am one of those people who actually waited to play ranked and did not dive straight into it when I understood that I needed to get better at the game before I made a serious effort. I find I am enjoying this game less and less as time progresses. The game itself is fine. It has beautiful graphics and it is quite enjoyable in and of itself. The real problem and that which ruins the game are the huge numbers of bad players that have no respect for their fellow gamers and the only thing they care about are the rewards the game gives them with no thought as to how to play as a team in a team based game.

[UNICS]
Players
1,201 posts
14,990 battles
36 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

as i suspect heavy island camping Worcesters and co on the higher ranks , Maybe ill continue tomorrow again :fish_book:

Worcester doesn't need islands like the DM does , and poops on Hindenburg every time

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,827 battles

"Buhuu I cant win so I blame my team buhuu"

Well you should be able to get top score easily if your team is so bad then haha.

Ranked and competitive is tough, deal with it. If youre truly stuck somewhere, then thats where your skill level is. At that point you either give up like a b*tch, or you bite your tongue, power through and get better. Making excuses like blaming your team wont help you.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[DC-DK]
Players
2,065 posts
23,532 battles
3 minutes ago, StakamanWT said:

Exactly. I am in total agreement with you there. And that is the real crux of the matter. As long as WG refuse to deal with this situation some of the better players will continue to grind through ranked and others will simply give it up. In the end it is the bottom line that counts and I know that unfortunately nothing is going to come out of this. I just needed to vent my frustration. I have been playing this game 3 years now ever since the very first day of the open beta. I am one of those people who actually waited to play ranked and did not dive straight into it when I understood that I needed to get better at the game before I made a serious effort. I find I am enjoying this game less and less as time progresses. The game itself is fine. It has beautiful graphics and it is quite enjoyable in and of itself. The real problem and that which ruins the game are the huge numbers of bad players that have no respect for their fellow gamers and the only thing they care about are the rewards the game gives them with no thought as to how to play as a team in a team based game.

I'm sticking to my own set of ranked rules. I can play until I lose a star in each session. This reduce the stress level and is way better for my blood pressure. I play ranked only when I am in mood for it, haven't played the last 14 days. Ranked never said my much anyway. Not worth the frustration in the end.

• Cool 1

Players
28 posts
8,061 battles
9 minutes ago, Affeks said:

"Buhuu I cant win so I blame my team buhuu"

Well you should be able to get top score easily if your team is so bad then haha.

Ranked and competitive is tough, deal with it. If youre truly stuck somewhere, then thats where your skill level is. At that point you either give up like a b*tch, or you bite your tongue, power through and get better. Making excuses like blaming your team wont help you.

Okay now you are being a complete [edited]. Instead of trying to be constructive you just want to show the size of your epeen or what? Having some serious [edited] envy issues there aren't you?
There is always one @sshole that can't wait to start talking about the size of his bick whenever someone is having trouble with something.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,525 posts
5,864 battles
1 minute ago, Ysterpyp said:

Worcester doesn't need islands like the DM does , and poops on Hindenburg every time

You can ask the 2 Worcesters which ive met so far how the encounter went vs my Hindi :cap_look:

Just have to take the right moment to get them, and ofc comes down to player skill... the first one made it pretty easy... 2nd one was somewhat smarter but, i think he believed to be invulnerable to being citadelled through his aft :cap_rambo:

A good Worcester i would want to avoid however :Smile_hiding:

32 minutes ago, StakamanWT said:

Or, you can use the above mentioned mechanic (ie win rate - tied to whether or not someone can compete in ranked) into the league system you have in ranked.
So everyone can play ranked up until let's say rank 15. And then after that only the players with certain win rates will be allowed to proceed to the higher ranks. That will force the players who want to progress to get better and the ones who are not interested, and are just playing because they have nothing better to do, to stay at those ranks and save the rest of us the frustration of having to deal with these people.

The only thing i could think of, which is not slapping bad players in their faces, is to make a maximum amount of battles to advance within the ranks. Lets say you start with 100 max battles, and for every rank you get an extra 10 tries, which is like 300+ total if you manage to get R2 in time. Imo thats a reasonable amount of games to achieve R1, while not leaving too many players out. however those 48% 1000 game ranked grinders would finaly be blocked from being carried to R1 :Smile-angry:

And if someone is stuck at R10/8/5 or whatever for too long, well tough luck, then you found your skill level and it should be ok to being force stopped at that point.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,827 battles
2 minutes ago, StakamanWT said:

Okay now you are being a complete [edited]. Instead of trying to be constructive you just want to show the size of your epeen or what? Having some serious [edited] envy issues there aren't you?

Im saying that the issues you see are in your head, manifested by denial of your inability to carry. 

What do you want? Play 10 games and then give the rank 1 reward to every player regardless of WR or other scores? 

I wonder why some people can get rank 1 in ~100games while others spend closer to 200. Yes thats right? Because skill lets people get it faster. Even still the ranked rewards people that try hard and play a lot, letting people with sub 50% wr get rank 1 as long as they play enough. Personally I think theres nothing wrong with that at all. For the more competitive individuals theres always clan wars, 1st or 3rd party tournaments to participate in. Ranked is a good middleground between comp and casual.

There is lots of meta game and skill involved in ranked, if you cant see it then thats your problem sorry.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
66 posts
7,266 battles

Dropped from rank 3 to 5 in 10 straight losses. Ended trying this season. Overall, if you think, is 1000-1500 steel worth these countless hours or frustration then people throwing away a won game? Everything else for reaching rank 1 is buyable for small amount of real money. There will be many other events where you will get steel. Lolingrad won't go away anytime soon. Rule nr1: game you play should be fun to play. I'm back on randoms.

• Cool 8

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,827 battles
7 minutes ago, Sugertukas said:

Dropped from rank 3 to 5 in 10 straight losses. Ended trying this season. Overall, if you think, is 1000-1500 steel worth these countless hours or frustration then people throwing away a won game? Everything else for reaching rank 1 is buyable for small amount of real money. There will be many other events where you will get steel. Lolingrad won't go away anytime soon. Rule nr1: game you play should be fun to play. I'm back on randoms.

Amen.

Personal fun scale

Random divs > ranked solo > randoms solo

So personally I find ranked a lot of fun. 7v7 makes for games where I can feel my impact on the game much more compared to the 12v12 format in randoms. When I make a mistake Im more likely to lose and when I play correctly Im more likely to win. The exact way it should be.

If one dislikes the ranked format theres no wonder people give up halfway, i did too untill I realized how fun it can be.

• Cool 1