You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Dont understand how guiness work

27 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,683 battles

So in the news post, it says that we get 1 guine for each directive we complete, there are 4 directives a stage, and 4 stages, so thats a total of 16 guiness, but the cossack costs 50 guiness. What am i missing?

[DSW]
Players
3,784 posts
7,726 battles

times three because the event lasts for three patch cycles, plus we don't know whether there might be any other opportunities to get them

Players
3,552 posts
7,319 battles
7 minutes ago, principat121 said:

You can get 3x 16 Guineas = 48 in total.

To get the Cossack you have to buy some additional Guineas in the premium shop (for example best offer: 0,89€ for ten Guineas - limited to one package per account - you have to be logged in to see the offer). The amount of additional Guineas depends on your efforts in the RN Arc. But in the best scenario you could get a new tier8 Premium ship for less then 1€. That is a huge bargain!

But then you're paying with your free time spend on playing boats on almost daily basis. Which can cause burn out. Or rage issues when it comes to randoms playerbase:Smile_hiding:

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,289 battles
21 minutes ago, Panocek said:

But then you're paying with your free time spend on playing boats on almost daily basis. Which can cause burn out. Or rage issues when it comes to randoms playerbase:Smile_hiding:

Buying the 10 guineas for 0,89€ already gives you 2 weeks of total break during these 3 months, but more likely what I'll do is not always worry about getting all 4 guineas per week. If I only get 2 because I didn't play as much, so be it. And if I need to shell out another fiver at the end for a couple more guineas that's still a tier 8 prem for less than 6€.

Players
3,552 posts
7,319 battles
Just now, K_A said:

Buying the 10 guineas for 0,89€ already gives you 2 weeks of total break during these 3 months, but more likely what I'll do is not always worry about getting all 4 guineas per week. If I only get 2 because I didn't play as much, so be it. And if I need to shell out another fiver at the end for a couple more guineas that's still a tier 8 prem for less than 6€.

And then you will experience fabulous MM for tier 8 boats, while you can't exactly use Cossack in Operations, unlike bunch of tier 6-7 premboats.

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,289 battles
6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

And then you will experience fabulous MM for tier 8 boats, while you can't exactly use Cossack in Operations, unlike bunch of tier 6-7 premboats.

Eh, at least it's better than WoT. Torps and fires don't discriminate ships of different tiers.

[OGHF]
Players
581 posts
11,050 battles

Simple answer really.

1 pint of Guiness = Happy.

2 pints of Guiness = Happier.

3 pints of Guiness = Very Happy.

4 pints of Guiness = Extremly  Happy.

5 pints of Guiness = Past caring.

etc, etc ;-)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 14

[DSW]
Players
3,784 posts
7,726 battles
12 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Simple answer really.

etc, etc ;-)

I was just waiting for someone to make that joke :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

[DAVY]
Players
1,537 posts
9,006 battles
59 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Simple answer really.

etc, etc ;-)

geez, you're a cheap night out...

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,227 battles

It's a pint I'll drink when I'm not wanting to drink a lot.  It "fills me up."

My pub of choice is the Blue Bell in Preston.  2018 prices are Bitter £2.00 a pint and a 4% lager which I really like for £2.08 a pint.  The cheapest pint is £1.40.

3 hours ago, Panocek said:

Um... You can use Cossack in the current operation.

Players
3,552 posts
7,319 battles
1 minute ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Um... You can use Cossack in the current operation.

Which is whole one operation. And Cossack don't exactly have AA, very desirable for Dynamo.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,227 battles
6 hours ago, Panocek said:

Which is whole one operation. And Cossack don't exactly have AA, very desirable for Dynamo.

But I'm still accurate and you weren't.

Players
403 posts
4,188 battles
10 hours ago, K_A said:

Eh, at least it's better than WoT. Torps and fires don't discriminate ships of different tiers.

imagine the salt hearing "we just dinged em!" lol

[TRITO]
Players
1 post
2,093 battles

Do we know if all of the future directives can be completed without an RN Destroyer?  Could be an issue for those of us who've done this week's directives and got no missions. 

I'm not impressed by this being structured to be so much easier for those with RN Destroyers (directives 3 and 4 especially) and the very unsubtle push for players to get their wallets out. 

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,038 posts
20 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Simple answer really.

etc, etc ;-)

I was going to make this joke :Smile-_tongue:

But there's so little alcohol in Guinness that you really need like 10 of them to get drunk :Smile_hiding:

Edit: but let's contribute something useful to the topic as well.

I'll try to get as many Guinees as I can, but because I have to buy something anyway (you'd always need the two), I'll probably just buy the 10 pack for 90 cents and be a bit relaxed about getting the free Guinees. Gives a bit of breathing room at the end, as you can basically miss 8 Guinees over the time of the event.

Weekend Tester
776 posts
5,217 battles
22 hours ago, principat121 said:

You can get 3x 16 Guineas = 48 in total.

To get the Cossack you have to buy some additional Guineas in the premium shop (for example best offer: 0,89€ for ten Guineas - limited to one package per account - you have to be logged in to see the offer). The amount of additional Guineas depends on your efforts in the RN Arc. But in the best scenario you could get a new tier8 Premium ship for less then 1€. That is a huge bargain!

I was thinking same like OP how this gaining Guineas works, but this answer clarified for me.

Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles
23 hours ago, Klopirat said:

3 Updates a 4 stages a 4 directives = 48 Guineas

I guess I already know the answer to this but I ask anyhow. Since this event is planned over several updates, is there anyway of knowing (ballpark) when 7.10 and 7.11 will drop? Since I guess most players are about finished with the first updates missions.

Since I only managed to get Icarus, I want the chance to earn more crates to hopefully atleast get the T7 one so I can finish those missions as well.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,061 posts
17,291 battles

I ll do some testing this evening to see if it still works. 

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,227 battles
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I guess I already know the answer to this but I ask anyhow. Since this event is planned over several updates, is there anyway of knowing (ballpark) when 7.10 and 7.11 will drop? Since I guess most players are about finished with the first updates missions.

Since I only managed to get Icarus, I want the chance to earn more crates to hopefully atleast get the T7 one so I can finish those missions as well.

Well I used a coupon to buy a super upgrade and it says the coupon will refresh on 18 October.  That will be the next patch.

• Cool 1

Players
382 posts
6 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/royal-navy/

Four stages per update, so still three more stages left to go of this updates missions.

Four weeks per update, so 0.7.10 would be 18th October (as Hedgehog1963 said) and 0.7.11 would be 15th November.

End of Stage One of this update tomorrow, with Stage Two starting on Wednesday.

Then Stage Three a Week after that, Stage Four a week after that, and the next update and Stage One of that updates missions a week after that, and so forth.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,061 posts
17,291 battles
7 hours ago, 22cm said:

I ll do some testing this evening to see if it still works. 

Guiness still works.