You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

What is your "strategy" regarding RN Guineas and Sovereigns?

36 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
2,580 posts
6,433 battles

Can confirm (looking from Canada): the much cheapness for ten Guineas is visible in the online premium store (when I'm logged in), but not in the in-game store.

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester
287 posts
13,079 battles

Yep,

Bargain that means you don't have to bust your hump completing every single directive but still get Cossack.:cap_horn:

Especially seeing that you get 10 for the price of one

• Cool 1

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles
5 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

What is your "strategy" regarding RN Guineas and Sovereigns?

I bought 10 Guineas for 0.84 Euros and expect to get to 50 for the Tier VIII RN DD "Cossack" via normal play in "Directives".

I hope to get 100 Sovereigns to get "Bert Dunkirk" and, possibly (if that is achievable at all via normal play), to get 220/200 additional Sovereigns for buying back my already existing "Warspite" / "Gallant" (and getting full Doubloons return).

Leo "Apollo11"

I also plan to buy Bert Dunkirk for 100 Sovereigns (so far got 60) and than need some break from this game.

I dont think you will be able to get additional premium ship for 200 Sovereigns as this Sovereign rewards will last only for this first month of event.

[NWP]
Players
16 posts
7,103 battles

Am thinking about buying Cossack then "earning her" via guineas and trading them for dobloons essentialy buying dobloons but getting her earlier, and so being able to do the RN destroyer missions.

However in the description of the packs the admirals packs say she comes with an RN camoflague, the ship only says she comes with a permanent camo that increases earnings. Does anyone know if there's a difference between the camoflagues on the ship only and the admirals packs and if so is it just cosmetic or is there an actual benefit? Mildly confused not sure if I shouldn't worry about this or if there is something there that I'm missing.....

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,341 battles

Buying Cossack and getting free doubloons ofc. 

[PINUT]
Players
531 posts
8,934 battles

My plan?

Bought Cossack (the cheap deal with only the 25 extra missions and nothing else) and the 10 Guineas for 90cent deal, for about 37€. This means I only need to tackle 40/48 directives, which I should easily do so. Buying cossack for a second time in the arsenal will then net me 9600 Dubs in return, ~35€ value if I had bought them through the store directly.

Basically I pay 2€ for 25 bonus missions, on which I can stack the special signals from the birthday event for extra FXP and EXCP, and the ability to master all RN DD missions, w/o having to rely on the odd chance of getting a HMS Lightning mission from one of the crates...

With the Sovereigns I will simply purchase Warspite again (more Dubs) and then see what I can buy with what is left. If it's enough for Gallant, that's more dubs for me. If not I will most likely spend them on either crates or camos. I already own Mr. Dunkirk, so there isn't useful much in the store anyway to spend those Sovereigns on.

Players
3,014 posts
7,131 battles

I'm gonna get the Bert Dunkirk first, then I'm not sure if I want either Warspite or Gallant.

If not, I might use all the remaining sovereigns on certain signal flags or something.

Dunno if I want to commit to getting all the guinies and I'm not a DD main, I'm a bit worn out atm.

Beta Tester
633 posts
11,493 battles

I've rented Cossack 12 weeks early. That way I can pick up the extra boxes from the directives and earn an additional 240 sovereigns without needing to win the lottery of a T7-8 DD mission. At the end of 12 weeks I'll pay the extra £1 odd for 2 more guineas and get the port slot and 9600 doubloons to get another premium ship.  .

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,209 posts
1,473 battles

Bought the 10 Sovereigns, hoping to then get to 40 from the missions, or at least 35 (as another 5 sovereigns are about £3.80 so still would be getting the Cossack for about £4.50) 

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
410 posts
2 hours ago, Asureas said:

Am thinking about buying Cossack then "earning her" via guineas and trading them for dobloons essentialy buying dobloons but getting her earlier, and so being able to do the RN destroyer missions.

However in the description of the packs the admirals packs say she comes with an RN camoflague, the ship only says she comes with a permanent camo that increases earnings. Does anyone know if there's a difference between the camoflagues on the ship only and the admirals packs and if so is it just cosmetic or is there an actual benefit? Mildly confused not sure if I shouldn't worry about this or if there is something there that I'm missing.....

If you buy an Admiral's Pack then you get the normal permanent camouflage and an alternate one (which Little White Mouse mentioned she preferred). Both permanent camouflages would have the same bonuses and you can see what they look like from the pictures in the store (basic one shows the "normal" one, other packs show the alternate one which you would get as well).

My thanks to people for pointing out the 10 guinea deal, that changed my plans as my intent had been to buy a 5-pack. It would have been an extra couple of quid compared with buying 2x1, but would have saved 3 days and been less fiddly so I'd have taken Wargaming's bait. So my plans for guineas now is to continue trying to earn them and get Cossack, which for 76p is worth having even if I end up playing her mostly in Co-Op. 

Sovereign wise my intent is to save them until I get enough to trade them for doubloons via purchasing Gallant or Warspite again.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the doubloons I get that way, probably wait until after the Halloween event and use some to convert XP and "clean it off" whatever ship (probably the Orlan) that gets assigned to. Considering a permanent camouflage or two, but will have to see how much I have spare.

Also wondering about Bert Dunkirk; I've fairly high level captains on my RN ships but if Vanguard keeps the abysmal turret traverse of 72 seconds that has been quoted and I've plenty of Sovereigns I might want a Bert rather than making Jack do double duty. Though having Jack do double duty would be better in some ways than making a decision based on whether or not Wargaming are going to change something and whether or not there would be something about Vanguard's gameplay that would make me want to buy her.

One thing I would not buy for the Sovereigns is the alternate camouflage for Gallant as according to the thread I found on the NA servers when I googled things this is almost identical to the normal one, with a few shapes moved very slightly and a different colour scheme.