You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

What is your "strategy" regarding RN Guineas and Sovereigns?

36 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,675 posts
11,301 battles

Hi all,

What is your "strategy" regarding RN Guineas and Sovereigns?

I bought 10 Guineas for 0.84 Euros and expect to get to 50 for the Tier VIII RN DD "Cossack" via normal play in "Directives".

I hope to get 100 Sovereigns to get "Bert Dunkirk" and, possibly (if that is achievable at all via normal play), to get 220/200 additional Sovereigns for buying back my already existing "Warspite" / "Gallant" (and getting full Doubloons return).

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I... uh... play the game? Without worrying too much about the event, I get what I get naturally... got way too many premiums already, and while Cossack does look like an interesting ship, it's still a T8 that I would pretty much never play thanks to WG's "fantastic" matchmaking. So I'll just see how much money I'd need to spend at the end of it and then decide.

• Cool 5

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,871 posts
10,130 battles

Play the game, get silver kopeks, spend them on Warspite, get 2 months of premium plus some extra to dismount modules.

As for the gold kopeks?
Ignore them. They might fetch a few thousand credits a piece when they expire.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,063 posts
8,580 battles

I already bought Cossack, can I convert the guineas at the end for gold by "rebuying" her?

[JRM]
Players
3,022 posts
18,321 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I already bought Cossack, can I convert the guineas at the end for gold by "rebuying" her?

I would like to know that as well for the same reason

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
905 posts
10,201 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Yep

image.thumb.png.67edbb315d7e0e66a29f5178814e9b9d.png

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-079-royal-navy/

• Cool 1

Players
547 posts
2,019 battles

I treated myself to some premium containers, so already got Bert Dunkirk, which was the main sovereigns reward I was interested in. I'll probably buy combat signals with leftover sovereigns, as I'm unlikely to gather enough to get a Gallant or Warspite. I'm running a bit low on India Delta signals and they don't drop from resources containers, so that makes sense.

I'm not interested in the Cossack, so I'm just looking at guineas as free credits.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
905 posts
10,201 battles
11 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

I treated myself to some premium containers, so already got Bert Dunkirk, which was the main sovereigns reward I was interested in. I'll probably buy combat signals with leftover sovereigns, as I'm unlikely to gather enough to get a Gallant or Warspite. I'm running a bit low on India Delta signals and they don't drop from resources containers, so that makes sense.

I'm not interested in the Cossack, so I'm just looking at guineas as free credits.

Since Guineas are 25k each and youll get, at most, 48 of them, you might want to consider spending the $1 obtaining the cossack and then selling it for 7mil credits rather than convert your 48 guineas into 1.2mil.

• Cool 1

Players
547 posts
2,019 battles
6 minutes ago, Benser said:

Since Guineas are 25k each and youll get, at most, 48 of them, you might want to consider spending the $1 obtaining the cossack and then selling it for 7mil credits rather than convert your 48 guineas into 1.2mil.

Good point. I might do that if I manage to gather 40+ guineas, but given my work schedule over the coming weeks that's very unlikely. Thanks though – I hadn't thought about it like that.

Edit: What am I talking about? If I thought it was possible to get a T8 premium for a nation I do play for less than £1, I would do it and keep it whatever it was. It's because I don't think I'll get enough guineas that I'll just take the conversion value!

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
433 posts
5,160 battles
1 ora fa, Tyrendian89 ha scritto:

I... uh... play the game? Without worrying too much about the event, I get what I get naturally... got way too many premiums already, and while Cossack does look like an interesting ship, it's still a T8 that I would pretty much never play thanks to WG's "fantastic" matchmaking. So I'll just see how much money I'd need to spend at the end of it and then decide.

I’m a tier 6-7 lover to be honest, so I play few battles at higher tiers, but I noticed a slight increase in top-mid tier battles with tier 8-9 ships during this month, surely it’s the ranked effect, but I hope that Arms Race will prolongue this situation, maybe tier 8 premiums will be able to sealclubbing some tier 6s in the future :cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,681 battles

My masterplan, gring out the 48 guini pigies, buy the Cossac for the whopping sum of 1$, and rebuy the warspite for the doubloons, then mabe, mabe buy a 20 container pack, and see what i'll do from there. :Smile_honoring:

[JRM]
Players
3,022 posts
18,321 battles

Since i got Cossack I ll keep injoying her, grind out guinies buy those 2 lacking and sack in the gold then use the gold to get something else next time the ingame awailable ships are swapped around in the trees

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,061 battles

No specific "strategy." Though I like the suggestions given here. Should I harvest enough to get Cossack: great. If not I won't lose a second of sleep. From what I read Cossack is too much depending of MM. In the "normal" T10 MM it is described as the sucker of the schoolyard. So no high priority for me.

Players
547 posts
2,019 battles
37 minutes ago, bigredg said:

10 guineas for 0.84 Euro??  WTF???

If only! No, it's €0.89/guinea, so would be less than €2 for Cossack if you got all 48 guineas. I got my figures wrong and did a bad job of explaining what I meant – sorry!

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,869 posts
8,945 battles

I bought Cossack.  I have no use for guineas and they will convert into credits in time.

Sovereigns I buy the loot crates.  Then I buy more loot crates with the sovereigns I get from those loot crates.

Players
2,109 posts
15,299 battles

Already got the Warspite, as well as the Dunkirk commander which it turns out you can't buy another clone of, unlike Dasha Perova or the Space Commanders.

So I'm working under the assumption I will be able to get all the 240 Sovies and 48 Guineas from the complete RN Arc, and of course try to get a Gallant and a Cossack out of it while maximising my chances to get RN DDs.

To that end, in a moment of weakness, I splurged real money on six premium RN containers, so the theoretical maximum would be 330 sovies. Leaving me to use 130 sovies to buy more containers from the Arsenal. Now they cost 12 sovies but have themselves five sovies in them, so they effectively only cost 7, so I can get 18 of those. (Without resorting to the premium shop, players who complete the whole RN Arc should be able to get five Arsenal containers and still have enough sovereigns left for the Gallant in the end.) (Provided none of the Arc containers is awarded for a RN DD restricted mission, which I don't know.)

Now the thing is though - I lost count over how many containers I already did get from the Arsenal ;-))) so it's technically more of a "shambles" I think you call it, rather than a "strategy" per se.

Oh well.

[KAKE]
Players
1,794 posts
4,221 battles
33 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

If only! No, it's €0.89/guinea, so would be less than €2 for Cossack if you got all 48 guineas. I got my figures wrong and did a bad job of explaining what I meant – sorry!

There's a special deal (can be purchased once per user) for 10 guineas for the price of 1. But you probably have to be logged in to the store to have it displayed.

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
539 posts
43 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

There's a special deal (can be purchased once per user) for 10 guineas for the price of 1. But you probably have to be logged in to the store to have it displayed.

no "special deal" at all on EU store dude.... its just 1 (ONE) guinea for the price of ONE guinea .

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
1,794 posts
4,221 battles
9 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

no "special deal" at all on EU store dude.... its just 1 (ONE) guinea for the price of ONE guinea .

Are you logged in to the store, though?

I at least could pick up 10 guineas for about 8 NOK, which is in the region of 0.8 €.

I guess it might not be available in all countries, but I mean... Norway is usually not the one to get the really good deals, so it sounds odd.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,716 posts
27,870 battles

Bought the 10 guineas offer the other day. Used the sovereigns collected from the bought (10) premium containers and the free to buy the Gallant camo and Bert Dunkirk. Rest have been used on buying more containers in an attempt to draw the last remaining Lightning mission. My plan is to buy containers until I draw it. After that I'll see what I want. I already have the two things I aimed to get with the sovereigns.

[KAKE]
Players
1,794 posts
4,221 battles

As for me... well, I'll pick up the Cossack for Guineas. As I have 10 from the store I just need 40 from the event which should be doable.

Other than that.... guess I might pick up the Warspite and possibly Gallant to get some doubloons. We'll see how much I end up with.

[SEN]
Players
539 posts

Typical WG laziness,  I accessed the premium shop from in-game browser (so yes, I was logged) - no deal like I said before;

Next, I logged out of game, accessed the store online using Firefox,  logged in, and surprise - the deal show-up !

So, I can confirm deal on for Portugal.

Again, the in-game browser who get you to the store will NOT show the deal - u must access the store using a real browser, outside of in-game browser.

So thanks man for encouragement !

• Cool 1

[HEATH]
Players
43 posts
22,020 battles
8 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Typical WG laziness,  I accessed the premium shop from in-game browser (so yes, I was logged) - no deal like I said before;

Next, I logged out of game, accessed the store online using Firefox,  logged in, and surprise - the deal show-up !

So, I can confirm deal on for Portugal.

Again, the in-game browser who get you to the store will NOT show the deal - u must access the store using a real browser, outside of in-game browser.

So thanks man for encouragement !

Gee whiz.  This is crucial info!!!!!!  Now have my 10 Guineas for less than a Euro!!  glad i checked back  :-)