Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AndyCx

Is Karma bugged?

13 comments in this topic

[TWFK]
Beta Tester
38 posts
7,330 battles

Hi, 

I can't help noticing that the value I see for Karma seems to be almost random. For example, yesterday it was at 3. Today I get a message after my 1st game "you have been complemented" and it's down to 1. I didn't get any messages about anyone complaining so how does the whole karma thing work?

[PMI]
Players
2,404 posts
5,626 battles
10 minutes ago, AndyCx said:

Hi, 

I can't help noticing that the value I see for Karma seems to be almost random. For example, yesterday it was at 3. Today I get a message after my 1st game "you have been complemented" and it's down to 1. I didn't get any messages about anyone complaining so how does the whole karma thing work?

It does not...

Weekend Tester
542 posts
4,965 battles

The system doesn't report negative Karma, and it often doesn't report positive either.

As the playerbase is filled with the immature and the sociopathic, its quite normal to be spammed with negative karma whether you played well or badly.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
7,318 battles

I don't think you ever receive notifications about complaints? Some people will use them to report you just cos theyre tilted. It's a worthless system.

[UNICS]
Players
2,883 posts
12,106 battles

sometimes you get a pop-up 'reported' or similar, or maybe they've taken it away. Not a perfect system, but better than nothing.

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles

you have to exit battle really quickly if you want to see your +/- on reports, if you look at the post battle screen for a few seconds too long, you miss them...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
877 posts
5,131 battles
12 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I wonder what the conversion rate for Karma points will be :cap_hmm:

I just takes dubloons...

Players
953 posts
8,508 battles

I had +24 Karma yesterday so in my game in Shimakaze I sank 4 ships within 9 minutes, got 2 caps, reclaimed a lost cap, spotted and got 5 torpedoes in a Midway... Survived the game as top scorer, victory.

Back in Port my Karma was +18...

Wish WG would just remove it as it is worthless and gives no reward....

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,309 battles

I got reported today for gunning down a Minekaze in my brand spanking new Acasta. I saw his torps come from behind an island so I went in and spotted him not 3.5km away. Apparently I was using banned mods. I wouldn't have known I was reported, but the Minekaze captain felt it was necessary to pm me and inform that my mods are banned and he reported me for them. I've never used a single mod...:cap_hmm: 

Karma is and will always be a useless metric when the average player base has the IQ of a dead squirrel.

• Cool 2

Players
773 posts
12,279 battles

AFAIK, you only receive report messages if you've been reported more than once during a battle, i.e. by more than one person. Not to the extreme OP said (being notified of a +1 in karma yet actually being -2 since the previous check), but I've seen lots of compliment notifications without the counter going up, which I assume are due to someone else also giving a report.

Salute.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles
2 hours ago, K_A said:

when the average player base has the IQ of a dead squirrel

Now now, don't you go insulting those splotched squirrels on the road.

At least those guys went outside!

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this