You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_BlackPud

Crashing

30 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,561 battles
54 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I had mid-games crashes too, then I replaced the motherboard and the crashes ended.

Hmm I have had this tendency the last half year or so, and after latest release I have had games when I have to go out 4 times in same game, then a few hours without interruption. But for me as a IT-zero if that is culprit should it not affect when you doing other stuff, stream Tv-series, sports etc why just in the game? I have lowered almost all settings, other system req should be no problem., PC is 4 years, RAM, Graphic card etc is well above req.

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
8 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Hmm I have had this tendency the last half year or so, and after latest release i have had games when I have to go out 4 times in same game, then a few hours without interruption. But for me as a IT-zero if that is culprit should it not affect when you doing other stuff, stream Tv-series, sports etc why just in the game? I have lowered almost all settings, other system req should be no problem., PC is 4 years, RAM, Graphic card etc is well above req.

For me, I mostly play wows on the PC and use the laptop for other things, but I have played other games such as witcher3 and doom without crashes. In wows, the game seemed to crash when the action seemed to heat up. Not sure why, but maybe some heat related thing that only wows was able to produce. Anyway, the crashes got more severe, so I left it to a repair shop. They told me the motherboard was faulty - 8 years old and some parts replaced during this time - they replaced it and now I haven't had a crash. So, I guess it was that for me at least.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,561 battles
7 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

For me, I mostly play wows on the PC and use the laptop for other things, but I have played other games such as witcher3 and doom without crashes. In wows, the game seemed to crash when the action seemed to heat up. Not sure why, but maybe some heat related thing that only wows was able to produce. Anyway, the crashes got more severe, so I left it to a repair shop. They told me the motherboard was faulty - 8 years old and some parts replaced during this time - they replaced it and now I haven't had a crash. So, I guess it was that for me at least.

Thanks for answering, my crashes comes anywhere, could be even in harbour or f.e. when watching campaign mission when there is no animation. BTW crashes for me is not system crash when you get that message (happens very rarely) , it is just that the game freezes graphicswise,  the music continues if it happens in battle. If I am lucky I manage to return before I sink, but it is very frustrating as it cost damage both taken and not be able to give and certainly ruins my stats , I guess that at least 1-2 games/100 might go as f.e. your loss as a DD for no return might be a tipping point or that you fail to damage/sink a cruiser when you play a BB in the minute it takes or so. Very irritating.

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

I wouldn't advice anything regarding hardware, but there are programs where you can check RAM, HDs etc. I did and it showed no fault, but crashes continued.

The crashes for me could be a lock up/freeze in game, error message in win, bluescreen and later a complete restart.

[DAVY]
Players
1,541 posts
9,021 battles
3 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

Game is crashing every log in and entering first battle. Now crashing intermittently during battle as well. FIX THIS NOW

mine was too, until i updated my graphics drivers...

[RBMF]
Players
264 posts
6,400 battles

First things first, disable mods or run the game in safe mode. See if that changes anything. Also run an integrity check which you can do so in the settings of the client, that will run a scan and replace any corrupt files of the game. Also can you provide an error log so we can take a look at it, it may give us an idea of what to look for. You'll find the error logs in your game files on your drive.

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
116 posts
3,695 battles
29 minutes ago, Benser said:

Disable mods first, if you used any, see if that has any impact.

no impact. starting in safe mode also has the crashes.

5 crashes in 2 matches last night using independance.

not only crashing but logging back in to a match in progress means having no GUI.

[JRM]
Players
947 posts
13,480 battles

Freezes randomy upon entering battle (usually first if the session) and after i restart game works ok, started since patch and everything else works fine hardware checks out soo i gues something is fudged up

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,210 posts
15,028 battles
10 hours ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

entering first battle

does it happen when dude says action stations?

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles

@HMS_BlackPud Can you post your full computer specs please? You can find these by going into dxdiag and pressing "Save all information". This is the easiest way for people here to help you, as it can cross out a couple of possible issues relating to your crashes.

Also, if you get any error codes or popup windows when you crash, please screenshot them and post them here ;)

(EDIT) Also, as some other people said, try to update your graphics drivers.

Players
178 posts

It's a problem with the Game and it's to do with updating, View changes etc,  they know about it but obviously, they can't fix it.  

I installed the latest full version of Windows 10 64 bit from Microsoft 2 weeks ago all the latest drivers etc, etc,  for GPU's.   Everything installed perfectly, the only APP on my PC is World of Warships nothing else, no Avast or any of that **** .

The game ran seamlessly for 11 days zero crashes. I have not done anything with the PC and now it's back to a crash a day, I am sure it's one of the faults WG admit too,  and it's "View Changes". The crashes occur mainly in Destroyers where your constantly flipping around when you're in close contact.  Under " Performance related bugs" in "Known issues" they are 9 problems that will crash the game.

I have just done a totally fresh install and nothing has changed.  doing a new ticket at the mo but seems pointless. 

I have an i7 PC 16gig Ram with 35Mb/ps rock solid connection, this game only uses 25% of my resources.  The game is actually still running on the PC, the sound is still running on, I cannot close it down unless I log out, it's becoming a right pain. 

P.S. ran this game for 18months problem free! ( that may have been under windows 7 )

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
116 posts
3,695 battles
On 23/09/2018 at 10:48 AM, Benser said:

No GUI? That's pretty unusual.

Are you regularly playing other games without issue?

no other issues in any other games. about 10 or so currently installed in steam.

whatever wows is crashing im having to use winkey+L to logout because the crashed game window covers up task manager.

if i just boot my computer up and load wows asap i dont get the no gui issue, just logging back in after a crash.

but, the no gui thing reminds me of an old radeon driver settings bug that caused the gui to not show up randomly a few years ago.

so maybe there is some interaction with gfx drivers going on. already tried latest stable and latest beta. made no difference.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
7,293 battles
1 hour ago, SkollUlfr said:

no other issues in any other games. about 10 or so currently installed in steam.

whatever wows is crashing im having to use winkey+L to logout because the crashed game window covers up task manager.

if i just boot my computer up and load wows asap i dont get the no gui issue, just logging back in after a crash.

but, the no gui thing reminds me of an old radeon driver settings bug that caused the gui to not show up randomly a few years ago.

so maybe there is some interaction with gfx drivers going on. already tried latest stable and latest beta. made no difference.

And youre not running any mods?

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,780 posts
10,685 battles

Fun stuff for me - every time I start the game and join the first battle, everything freezes (generally it does so with 1 second on counter or with 0 - halfway through "the battle begins"). I need to kill the process from task manager, re-launch. This time I re-join the battle and everything works. Then I can play with no problems any number of battles - until I close the client, that is. At the start of the next session - same thing. I'm now starting each session with Dynamo (this scenario has a slow start so worst case I don't get to load initial soldiers before the circle disappears), when it goes away I might need to switch to co-op first match...

• Cool 1

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

Fun stuff for me - every time I start the game and join the first battle, everything freezes (generally it does so with 1 second on counter or with 0 - halfway through "the battle begins"). I need to kill the process from task manager, re-launch. This time I re-join the battle and everything works. Then I can play with no problems any number of battles - until I close the client, that is. At the start of the next session - same thing. I'm now starting each session with Dynamo (this scenario has a slow start so worst case I don't get to load initial soldiers before the circle disappears), when it goes away I might need to switch to co-op first match...

i have the same issue  since 0.7.9.

it looks like the game tries to launch simultaneously about 20 replays at the same time, when i enter my first battle.

game freezes, has to kill the processus and restart, then it's fine for all my gaming session.

really weird. check your warship icon in your task bar and tell me if like me it's loading a lot of replays :)

cheers

[ETD5]
Players
269 posts
1,602 battles

Yesterday read on a CC discord (not remember if Flambass or Runner357) that WG identified that clan patches are a reason of the crashes. So change it for a normal patch background instead. Hope this solve your crashes or at leas as many as possible.