Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Talladega_Night

Huanghe worth the cost of the special offer?

20 comments in this topic

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles

I'd get her for that level of ludicrous cheapness; don't expect greatness though - Perth is better!

Players
935 posts
7,216 battles

Yes, she's a good fun ship. I would recommend paying the price for the pack with the 10 point captain, though - IFHE is a very useful skill to have. 

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
585 posts
3,322 battles

I got her from a SC. It is a fun ship but does lack range on her guns. Good concealment and rudder shift. Idk how you call it but she has that smoke that gives puffs thats last 1 or 2 sec for a set amount of time. So you can crawl on 1/4 of your ships speed and stay concealed in the smoke.

Haven't really played her that much tho. 

[JRM]
Players
959 posts
13,500 battles

Got mine in an christmas SC was ok to push caps with that crawlling smoke but when i got perth i sold it off since perth is a better ship

• Cool 1

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

Imagine a DD with a Citadel - Good smoke, great torps with a reload consumable but DD guns, Cruiser size and citadel and between Cruiser/DD detection.

I've only used mine in Ops/Co-Op but it's a fun ship once you figure out it's more DD than Cruiser and adjust accordingly.

Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles

Now they do throw in a 10-pt captain but still - look at it this way:

Last week, during the Gold Ship Tech Tree discount, not much more money than that could have gotten you a Leningrad, or a Blyska, or a Perth.

Albeit without a 10pt captain and also without a port slot. But still. These are all superior ships. They can also be used in the revised Operation Dynamo.

Even if it was the Anshan, I'd say go for it. (That thing is actually really good, Gnevny firepower with real honest-to-god kill-everything-in-their-path torpedoes with 8 km range.)

But not the Huang Meh.

[BEER]
Players
36 posts
15,180 battles

Talk about cheap deals my mate got a 75% per cent off deal  and picked up the schanhorst for £11 pounds when it's normally £30 pounds 

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts

Perth is better.

But this ship got great smoke, great mobility, great concealment.Which is enough to wreck havoc in it. 

In addition, it can work as a third pan asian crew trainer. Espacially because of her destroyer like characteristics. 

Perth is part of a Premium only nation with one mid tier and one low tier ship. So less viable in that regard.

I would say, do you like Perth? Do you drive pan asian destroyers? Then yes.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
959 posts
13,500 battles

Well i for one have anshan (needs dedicated captain to really shine) and loyang (can share captain upwards nicely) as well as yueyang and gadjah with respective captain, soooo no need really to train more PA captains for now? Anyways hh is a 6" cruiser for it to work properly standard CL build is a must and aldough you can get by on t6 without ifhe with 6"-rs still it can backfire badly if you are uptiered

[BEER]
Players
36 posts
15,180 battles

The coupon just appeared in port saying that  there was 70% percent (Not 75%as I said before) off certain ships and this was due to results in game and schanhorst was one of em

[RL7S]
Players
131 posts
1,981 battles
38 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well i for one have anshan (needs dedicated captain to really shine) and loyang (can share captain upwards nicely) as well as yueyang and gadjah with respective captain, soooo no need really to train more PA captains for now? Anyways hh is a 6" cruiser for it to work properly standard CL build is a must and aldough you can get by on t6 without ifhe with 6"-rs still it can backfire badly if you are uptiered

For someone who doesn't have Loyang I think the Huanghe is a good substitute, it works very well with the gunboat build captains for Gadjah Mada and upwards in the Pan-Asian tree.

Definitely a good buy for the offer price at least. Fun little ship, love the rolling smoke and that mid-long range AA just wrecks low tier carriers.

Gets worthwhile benefits from BFT, DE, SI, IFHE and CE, even AFT and torpedo builds would work at least as well as on the DD itself so it's a much better crew trainer for the Pan-Asian line than the Anshan.

First two games after buying Huanghe today, this is with my GM captain.

shot-18.09.23_16.37.42-0308.jpg

shot-18.09.23_18.24.43-0104.jpg

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles
9 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

PS Anshan has el-crappo 4k Gnevny torps, not 8K ones.

shot-18_09.23_22_34.02-0842.thumb.jpg.95910f19a223b424ea817f044a6a77ab.jpgshot-18_09.23_22_34.06-0856.thumb.jpg.4c7e27a57bb209153b6f74ec74316528.jpg

Funny mine has both......

[DC-DK]
Players
2,066 posts
23,555 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Funny mine has both...

That's interesting. Premium ship with upgradeable torps? Are they DWT ones? 

No ordinary torpedoes.... Sims and Monaghan have the same option of short and longer range torpedoes.

Sign in to follow this