You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TurtleSpot

Why are rank games such a waste of time.

104 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

He started at a lower rank then you

He reached in season 9 rank 9, and I only rank 12. So he even started from a higher rank in this 10th season. So you got your answer...

• Cool 1

Players
1,421 posts

When you play well in ranked you only need between 100-200 games to rank out.

When youre bad you can spend as many as 400+ games and not rank out.

It has nothing to do with bad luck. Sure, you might get a bad team. But so does everyone else.

Players
743 posts
8,747 battles
3 hours ago, TurtleSpot said:

First I'd like to start by stating I don't give a toss about those that are going to come back to me with my stupid stats.

for four rank seasons now I get to rank 10 and then get stuck there.  I even get quite a few games where I keep my star, but I always seem to get stuck at rank 10 after reaching rank 9.

I'd also like to know why it is that when I play rank I somehow manage to get a lot of citetels when I shoot at a kurfurst, when in random battle it's rare.  Why do you also need to be unemployed in order to have the time to even have a chance of getting to rank 1? You certainly can't do it playing on a weekend.  So it's totally unfair right from the off.

I'm at the point now where I wish I had never started playing rank because I'm now stuck with these meaningless numbers next to my name.

Please don't get back here with how bad my stats are and what a bad player I am.  I heard enough of that crap by now.

Well looking at the rank one players, you simply lack persistence. Another 1,000 games or so and you should be rank one. 

• Funny 1

[KAVE]
Players
88 posts
10,287 battles
17 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

The only constant factor in ALL your ranked games is YOU.

So if you get to rank 10 every season and get stuck there than that means its your skillceiling.

To rise above that rank you'll need to bring more to the table than you're currently doing.

It is actually very simple and fair: Git gud.

This is rubbish; there are 6 others on the team.  If they die it doesn't matter how good you are.

16 hours ago, eliastion said:

If you're better than the average random dude within your MM bracket, you'll slowly progress. If your progression grinds to a halt - this strongly suggests that you're just not good enough, you've caught up to people at and above your skill level. Sure, it can be bad luck - but you yourself say that this happens to you consistently at around the same Rank. That strongly suggests that it's NOT a coincidence after all.

Over the last two years there has been a huge change in the number that play and their skill levels.  So the rank that I reach should change.  Plus, the types of ships that are used has also changed.  So what you wrote is nonsence.

Players
4,689 posts
8,405 battles
10 minutes ago, TurtleSpot said:

This is rubbish; there are 6 others on the team.  If they die it doesn't matter how good you are.

So if they are all so bad, then you will easily always score more XP then them, right? Thus never losing a star and progressing pretty easy to rank 1.

Im still not sure what is your point here? Again, show us some of your ranked games. The only thing, that would actually help you get better, is to look for the problem - if you are interested in that. And that can only be achieved, if you show us, what you do.

Players
1,421 posts
Just now, TurtleSpot said:

Rubbish you say?

That is one game. You played more than 400 this season. That means you did jackshit in most of them because otherwise you would have ranked out ages ago.

Blaming the six others on your team tells me youre one of those "REEEEE cant wint because sh!tteam"- kind of people.

These are your ranked stats next to mine

turtlespot.png.89aad166465ed5980c99dae63d308b67.pnggarrusranked.png.a339a78e5fc25b413f4c553ede0d4912.png

If you're really really good you get 60% winrate and you rank out in 150 games give or take.

If youre good you get 55% winrate and you rank out in 200 games give or take.

If you're decent you get 52% winrate and you rank out in 300 games give or take.

If you're average you get 49% winrate and you rank out in 400 games give or take.

If you're bad (which you are, sorry to break your bubble) you rank out in 1000+ games.

Why? Because you cant contribute enough to win and if you lose you didnt contribute enough to save your star.

image.thumb.png.7c80ea7673c86bfe57580dfca6997e1e.png

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,231 posts
15,861 battles

I mean, ranked has felt off to me recently as well. This season when I suck out and die in the first 5 minutes of the game, the team still manages a victory. Imagine that, the team being able to pull off a win after losing one ship. It's so novel compared to the earlier ranks.

But yes, to the OP. Currently, you lack the necessary abilities to climb the rank ladder and it will only result in frustration. It's alright though, we all sucked at one point and you will only get better as time goes on. I remember when I still celebrated getting 50k in a tier 7 cruiser! Anyways, ranked will just be painful and frustrating for you so for now just play randoms, improve your abilities, and come back the next season. At the current rate, you'll just end up hating your team and the game and never achieve rank 1. It will be difficult to climb any further with just luck alone after all. They'll always be a next season and you're not doing yourself any favors by burning yourself out with ranked.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
13 hours ago, TurtleSpot said:

Over the last two years there has been a huge change in the number that play and their skill levels.  So the rank that I reach should change.  Plus, the types of ships that are used has also changed.  So what you wrote is nonsence.

"Nonsense". But I digress. As to why Rank 10 is so "magical" - the answer is simple. Ranked is divided into "leagues" of sorts - it's not just a matter of presentation and the number of stars, or of getting a free star for advancing. These leagues are actually separated. When you're at Rank 2-5, you play against people at Rank 2-5. When you are at Rank 10, you play against people of Rank 6-10. R10 is the threshold - when you fall into R11, you encounter weaker players, making it easier to win and easier to save a star if you don't. When you rise back to R10, you suddenly meet more competent (or maybe "less incompetent") players. And while this gives (on average) better teammates, it also means better opponents. And you have only 6 teammates and 7 opponents - so the overall level rising makes it harder to play on par with them and do your job adequately (and don't get me started about actually carrying the team). There can also be tangible differences in the meta between the leagues, the typical team composition can be different etc. But the most important in this context thing is that you just suddenly enter more demanding environment - and in this environment you fail to progress the way you could before. Also, the number of players in Ranked doesn't really affect how hard or how easy it is to progress. At the start of the season maybe. It also changes how long you need to wait for a match. But the difficulty? The stars are generated by people playing and removed by people ranking out at R1. If you throw in more people (unless you specifically throw in more bad players) the equilibrium stays the same - more people play -> more stars are generated -> more people rank out -> more stars disappear from the system, carried out by the first-rankers. More people of all skill levels doesn't change your relative position. If you are so great that 10% people are better than you and 90% worse than you and you throw in a big group of people with the same skill distribution as the previous playerbase, you'll find that 10% of the new people will be better and 90% worse than you. And, as a result, within the new enlarged group you're still better than 90% and worse than 10%.

Although, leaving aside the theoretical examples - let's face it, you're not better than 90%. The reason why you can't progress lies in you. You're just not good enough at this game. Sure you can have a great match every once in a while - but there is no consistency to these results. The one match where you avoid making mistakes or your mistakes aren't punished won't change much in the long run. You can focus on these great matches and delude yourself into thinking that that's how good you are and everything else is bad luck and the team sucking. You can argue against the notion of your skill being insufficient. The reality, however, won't ask your opinion. You'll just keep seeing yourself losing too often to progress. Somehow you'll "magically" be on the losing teams over and over again, sometimes saving a star - but just not often enough to outweigh the discrepancy between the number of victories and defeats. At the same time there will be players that "magically" get good teams all the time and rank out at R1 after mere 200 battles or less - every f*cking season.

If you want, you can believe that they are just so lucky and you merely lack this luck. Or, alternatively, you can acknowledge that it's not luck after all. That it's your skill not being sufficient to break through the R6-10 bracket or even get to the higher Ranks within it. Personally I recommend this second option - because never acknowledging your shortcomings doesn't really help with improvement. And if you want to reach R1 then improving at this game is your best bet.

• Cool 1

[KAVE]
Players
88 posts
10,287 battles
4 hours ago, eliastion said:

If you want, you can believe that they are just so lucky and you merely lack this luck. Or, alternatively, you can acknowledge that it's not luck after all. That it's your skill not being sufficient to break through the R6-10 bracket or even get to the higher Ranks within it. Personally I recommend this second option - because ever acknowledging your shortcomings doesn't really help with improvement. And if you want to reach R1 then improving at this game is your best bet.

The few times I have posted on here I get the same type of replies.  So far no one here has written what rank they are on.  In a previous thread I was given so much advice on how to play the Kurfurst.  The only problem was that none of those that were giving me their stupid advice played or had the Kurfurst.

And in my post I also have a question about the number of times when shooting at a Kurfurst in rank, I get citadels which I rarely get in Random.  No one seems to want to touch this one.  I wonder why.

Also, the general stats are meaningless because so many have high win rates in random because they play in divisions from the start which I never did.

• Bad 1

[KAVE]
Players
88 posts
10,287 battles
7 hours ago, dasCKD said:

They'll always be a next season and you're not doing yourself any favors by burning yourself out with ranked.

Actually, I got so frustrated with the whole game that I uninstalled it, deleted my Youtube channel, disabled my Twitch account, and left a clan.  I do find the game addictive however; so I installed it again and decided just to play rank at the moment when I have time.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,260 posts
31,816 battles
28 minutes ago, TurtleSpot said:

Actually, I got so frustrated with the whole game that I uninstalled it, deleted my Youtube channel, disabled my Twitch account, and left a clan.  I do find the game addictive however; so I installed it again and decided just to play rank at the moment when I have time.

Yes the game is addictive but I reason as many other posts, I play until I hit the skillwall as i want to have an enjoyable experience.

I played a lot early as I was unemployed a lot in the early WOWs history now I play a few hours in the evenings after work + weekends , and I play ranked for the rewards. But I play not to reach 1, I do not have the stomach to reach R10 in randoms I am around 50% at T10 (varies a lot) therefor I expect it to take too much time to reach R1. If I find a ship that I perform decently in and can carry better than others it might go some day but not now. 

The ship I am most comfortable in and most consistent in performance is Zao but she is not a carrying ship, rather a support ship.  

That brings me most likely in the middle of the pack on average regardless if we win or lose so I have found that I seldom saves star, and finds it difficult to play for that position which is easier in a BB maybe. 

At least I have found it so on lower tiers in ranked where I played the Alabama/Arizona in T8/6 where I in far greater numbers were on P1 when lost. You are simply more likely to survive even if you are not sniping. 

I will not go in a stat debate but in the long run your performance in the ship and how you use it in the mEta is the deciding factor , other stuff is just nonsense, other than it may help your ego and self confidence.

Never play on tilt, I quit ranked always with two losses in a row, play on winning streaks on the other hand.

I who have the goal on R8-12 bracket, depending on time etc play for the rewards , but also spread out the play during the season.  The overall standard is proably lower near the end and then I have find it easier to progress if you just want to advance a few levels the bottom ranks are filled with on average worse players.

I had a bad start in the season when I tried to reach R15 in my Alabama which I played good the previous season but not now stat wise without really understanding why.

So now I am only on R15 played a few games without leaving the R15, will play a few more but not more. Ranked I mostly play on weekends as I want my evening short sessions to be more entertaining.

As of not be able to reach 1 if you are not unemployed, well it should not be an easy thing. 300 games takes say 80 hours , if that is too much or not is up to anybody. I do not think of it as too much per se, but it is not interesting enough to me as the gameplay/meta is stale and I am a collector player who likes variation.

Players
1,662 posts
6,552 battles
12 hours ago, principat121 said:

When I read such stuff, I assume you are aware that you are a bad player:

And again: Why do you expect to win more and rise in ranks, if you are a not a good player?

You dont seem that good yourself mate, I had a look at your tier x bb stats, you have a high WR on like 10 games average for some ships. Is that the trick then to pump up your overall WR. Just get unicum level for like 10 games then never play the ship again??

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
16 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

You dont seem that good yourself mate, I had a look at your tier x bb stats, you have a high WR on like 10 games average for some ships. Is that the trick then to pump up your overall WR. Just get unicum level for like 10 games then never play the ship again??

I highly doubt that a player of your skillset is able to judge properly the performance of others. You showed in your multiple threads that you lack a lot of basic understanding of this game. Even winning 100% in 10 games would not influence your overall-WR when you have played thousands of games.

• Funny 1

Players
1,662 posts
6,552 battles
16 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I highly doubt that a player of your skillset is able to judge properly the performance of others. You showed in your multiple threads that you lack a lot of basic understanding of this game. Even winning 100% in 10 games would not influence your overall-WR when you have played thousands of games.

Of all players I find you the most condescending, pathetic and overall negative of anyone that you deem worthy. What skillset do you have?? I have never met you ingame, you have shown me nothing of your skills.

==============================================================================================================================

But I offer you a challenge which I'm sure will reveal who you truly are as a player (I.E. AIRHEAD OR TRUE PRO), but will you accept it?

Game: I challenge you to a duel in the training room: BBs only - Tier 8 to 10 are the conditions.

The Stakes: your reputation is it as well deserved as you seem to paint it to be? something I am prepared to test

Prize: I win I undo your persona and forever you will be less salty to everyone! You win, I buy you any Premium Ship of your choosing from the store and send it to you as a gift!

Do you accept?

==============================================================================================================================

Give me a chance to tear you one please I beg you....

• Boring 1

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
244 posts
6,164 battles

Morning guys.

I got good stats, but had enough of ranked too.Under rank 10 only way to reach R1 to carry the whole team, or in rare situations your team works together.My experience is most of the time there always a player who ruins everything.Like gearing rush to middle to torp, preventing me to torp, cuz he will run in my torps, and ofcourse he eats the enemy torps and dies....lea e the team with a sorry....shima runs into an island at start, hindenburg tries to torp a desmemes and on the way he sinks our gearing, and the dm sinks the hinden:DSometimes ranked is a fun to watch theese players, and wonder how they reached R10.reached R7, went back to R8 and its time to stop, and just play in random or operation..less stressfull:)

Players
1,662 posts
6,552 battles

zVz7shO.jpg My offer of a game to prove your worth is thus withdrawn!! Scared off by a "bad player" you are pathetic!

Your reaction is exactly what I was expecting from you, text book saltfish is all you are and nothing more!!

I guess he was right because you are by far the loudest anywhere on these forums, all bark but no bite! Shame that I was really looking forward to the game:

38081456_1238293426310617_14620759435174

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,490 battles

Some might even suggest that playing video games in general is a waste of time

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles

@HMS_Argosax

Sorry to disappoint you, but my "reputation" does not depend on you or your judgement. And I guess you can tell me, why winning or losing against a bad player like you does make me a "airhead or true pro" as you wrote? What is the point? This game is not about 1 vs 1, but based on your both stats, I would guess that I can win six or seven out of ten encounters between us. But again, what is the point in this?

Your tier10 BB stats:

Spoiler

5ba74240579d5_Screenshot_2018-09-23WoWSStatsNumbersEU-HMS_Argosax-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.1109d319a3678a4543da3f376fee6252.png

My tier10 BB stats:

Spoiler

5ba742509c75a_Screenshot_2018-09-23WoWSStatsNumbersEU-principat121-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.cb820cde025380d1ed80a984c84c8d90.png

And I am fully aware, that a player with your mindset will interpret the upper paragraph in his very own and special way. Trying to bring up some nonsense. But again: My "reputation" does not depend on you. There lies no honour in winning against inferior opponents like you. If you would like to learn something? Maybe. But you showed in all of your threads that you are not willing to learn and to improve yourself.

Sorry, look for some else to chill your courage.

edit:

Your answer above already proved me right. You are nothing more then a noobish bigmouth.

Players
1,662 posts
6,552 battles
Just now, principat121 said:

@HMS_Argosax

Sorry to disappoint you, but my "reputation" does not depend on you or your judgement. And I guess you can tell me, why winning or losing against a bad player like you does make me a "airhead or true pro" as you wrote? What is the point? This game is not about 1 vs 1, but based on your both stats, I would guess that I can win six or seven out of ten encounters between us. But again, what is the point in this?

Your tier10 BB stats:

Reveal hidden contents

5ba74240579d5_Screenshot_2018-09-23WoWSStatsNumbersEU-HMS_Argosax-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.1109d319a3678a4543da3f376fee6252.png

My tier10 BB stats:

Reveal hidden contents

5ba742509c75a_Screenshot_2018-09-23WoWSStatsNumbersEU-principat121-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.cb820cde025380d1ed80a984c84c8d90.png

And I am fully aware, that a player with your mindset will interpret the upper paragraph in his very own and special way. Trying to bring up some nonsense. But again: My "reputation" does not depend on you. There lies no honour in winning against inferior opponents like you. If you would like to learn something? Maybe. But you showed in all of your threads that you are not willing to learn and to improve yourself.

Sorry, look for some else to chill your courage.

Shush you declined a challenge, nuff said!!

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles

Tell me what would have changed if we duell for ten games?

Tell me?!

If you give me the right answer, I will agree and give you your ten training room fights.

edit:

and please answer this question too:

4 minutes ago, principat121 said:

And I guess you can tell me, why winning or losing against a bad player like you does make me a "airhead or true pro" as you wrote?

Players
1,662 posts
6,552 battles
3 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Shush you declined a challenge, nuff said!!

1 minute ago, principat121 said:

Tell me what would have changed if we duell for ten games?

Tell me?!

If you give me the right answer, I will agree and give you your ten training room fights.

I repeat the answer I gave some moments ago

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,378 posts
8,054 battles
8 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

you declined a challenge

There is NO challenge in winning against you!

You are not a worthy opponent! Your are just wasting my time.

You overestimate your significance.

And you are still not able to answer the simple questions from my previous post.

1. What would change if we duell for ten games?
  2. Why does winning or losing against you, make me an "airhead or pro player"?

[JRM]
Players
3,291 posts
18,679 battles
9 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Rubbish you say?

That is one game. You played more than 400 this season. That means you did jackshit in most of them because otherwise you would have ranked out ages ago.

Blaming the six others on your team tells me youre one of those "REEEEE cant wint because sh!tteam"- kind of people.

These are your ranked stats next to mine

turtlespot.png.89aad166465ed5980c99dae63d308b67.pnggarrusranked.png.a339a78e5fc25b413f4c553ede0d4912.png

If you're really really good you get 60% winrate and you rank out in 150 games give or take.

If youre good you get 55% winrate and you rank out in 200 games give or take.

If you're decent you get 52% winrate and you rank out in 300 games give or take.

If you're average you get 49% winrate and you rank out in 400 games give or take.

If you're bad (which you are, sorry to break your bubble) you rank out in 1000+ games.

Why? Because you cant contribute enough to win and if you lose you didnt contribute enough to save your star.

image.thumb.png.7c80ea7673c86bfe57580dfca6997e1e.png

Thats only couse you have a Stalingrad, nothing to do with skill at all... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[SLAPP]
Players
1,348 posts
7,655 battles
12 hours ago, principat121 said:

sucked hard this Ranked season. I really sucked at ranked this time. No one to blame here, but me. But the funny part is: I played 52 games with a abysmal winrate of 42%. But I reached rank 10 with that. You on the other hand played 129 battles with 49% winrate only to reach rank 9.

well you couldve started lower then him to behin with. But still i got from rank 16 to rank 6 in about 55 battles and at 102 battles im now still in rank 6. it is all so random.

ppl lose their way to high rankings but good players get stuck as well at some point. could also be the ship you play tho. tbh if i played henry only i wouldve gone up way faster. 

• Cool 1