You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hammerald

How did you manage to screw this up, WG?

5 comments in this topic

[WGP2W]
Players
22 posts
8,218 battles

Hello guys,

Is it just me (rhetorical ofc) or WG employee that "redesigned" this did a really, really poor job?

It's quite insulting and a shame to see Wargaming ruining this in more ways than one.

First, the bird is not an Albatros, it's obviously a Seagull, you can tell that by using basic eyesight while looking at any picture of the two birds you can find on the internet.

Second, the color of the bird (even if were the Albatros, which is not) isn't "dark grey" and "even darker" gray, it's clear bright white, grey and black.      ALBA/ALBUS (Latin) = WHITE ! 

The color on the initial design looks a bit light bleu-ish, but that's the bright white borrowing some color from the bright blue used for the fish. (As this is the picture of the plastic patch I made with 3D printer, painted and glued to a black shirt)

Third, IT'S A BIRD, NOT A PLANE - it doesn't have metal pointy wings,  it has feathers, and I know at least one guy drawing symbols for patches can draw wings, he did it on the "Wisdom is Power" one.

The two-glued-together-penises-for-beak aren't helping either, no offense to LGBT community, but that's not what I intended the initial design to look like. Also, on its chest, there's a starfish, not that you can tell anymore, but that's just shitty drawing.

Last but not least, the other patches have the names they were registered with during the contest, this one was "Kraken feeling", is this illegal or wrong in any way, so much that you named it after a random bird that has nothing to do with the symbol?

If you guys think that is the best WG could do... I'll accept it, but I feel that having the wrong name of the wrong bird with the wrong colors and wrong build with penises for a beak is not what I drew.

Thank you, Wargaming and I hope, in time, you will fix or remove this utter garbage. 

WG screwup.jpg

Players
683 posts
19,926 battles
imho, for what it's worth, yr initial drawing is realy very good :cap_like:(highly creative way to picture a "Kraken"). So, very nice job &  cheers to you!

(...and yeah, seems things got lost a bit in translation as it obviously seems, but me, well I am not a real technical/graphical person, so dunno what technical reasons are, no opinion on that, dunno)

[WGP2W]
Players
22 posts
8,218 battles
On 9/25/2018 at 1:53 AM, pablocab said:

I could have graffed it better okno :Smile-_tongue:

I'm sure you could, anybody could, a blind man could... but not WG...