Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bics93

Rendering problems: game unplayable

66 comments in this topic

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,467 battles

Hi! Since the 0.7.9 and the supposed “rendering tweak” I’m experiencing an incredibile long delay between the spotting of an enemy ship and its rendering on the map: from 7-8 to 10-11 seconds before the model of the ship appears on my screen (I know that a couple of seconds could occasionally happen in the previous versions).

I’ve tried operation Dynamo with a friend (after having un-modded, uninstalled and re-installed the game during the night) and he was albe to kill some torpedo-boats even before I was able to see them. 

Always runned game at max settings with 50-60fps and no more of 35-40ping with and without mods, also game is on a SSD.

I’ve already sent a ticket to WG support, but it seems that this is not a common problem because I’ve not found any related post on reddit or on this forum.

Did someone of you have a similar problem?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,556 posts
5,884 battles

Funny thing is, i just watched a replay from @ForlornSailor and he was shooting ships which were not even visible for me :cap_wander:

Rendering delay seems to be different for every person i guess, depending on some settings?

Imo horrible that something like this is happening, but even before 0.7.9 i got shot frequently BEFORE i could see the opponent, i.e. his rendering was faster than mine. Like both are moving from behind Islands, preaiming already, and i saw the muzzle flashes before i saw the ship...

But 7+ secs is quite a lot, for me its not THAT much, alltho i would say might be up to 4 secs.

[NED]
Players
1,643 posts
6,131 battles

I would like some pc specs because you seem to have either very slow cpu low and/or slow ram or a terrible videocard.

[JRM]
Players
943 posts
13,466 battles

Dont have rendering issues but game freezes from time to time either at load in screen or upon battle start same happened a year and a half or so ago...

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,467 battles
16 minuti fa, piet11111 ha scritto:

I would like some pc specs because you seem to have either very slow cpu low and/or slow ram or a terrible videocard.

I wrote: "Always runned game at max settings with 50-60 fps"

i7 930 2.80GHz

RAM 8 Gb

AMD R9 280x 3Gb GDDR5 

DxDiag.txt

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,467 battles
21 minuti fa, DFens_666 ha scritto:

Funny thing is, i just watched a replay from @ForlornSailor and he was shooting ships which were not even visible for me :cap_wander:

Rendering delay seems to be different for every person i guess, depending on some settings?

Imo horrible that something like this is happening, but even before 0.7.9 i got shot frequently BEFORE i could see the opponent, i.e. his rendering was faster than mine. Like both are moving from behind Islands, preaiming already, and i saw the muzzle flashes before i saw the ship...

But 7+ secs is quite a lot, for me its not THAT much, alltho i would say might be up to 4 secs.

Problem is that from the 1-2 seconds delay of 0.7.8 I went to more than 10 seconds in 0.7.9.

• Angry 1

[DSW]
Players
3,790 posts
7,737 battles

definite improvement on my end, as in they render pretty much when they're supposed to... pretty crappy though that it seems to be broken for some

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,467 battles
4 minuti fa, Tyrendian89 ha scritto:

definite improvement on my end, as in they render pretty much when they're supposed to... pretty crappy though that it seems to be broken for some

Also my clanmates reported improvements, I'm the only in the clan that has this kind of problem... Classic WG things :fish_palm:

Players
3,339 posts
5,806 battles
30 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Slow Video card wouldnt make sense. btw: Dfens has the way better PC then what im playing on - yet im rendering faster. There is some other problem, that needs to be tracked.

Players
3,339 posts
5,806 battles
Just now, Bics93 said:

Also my clanmates reported improvements, I'm the only in the clan that has this kind of problem... Classic WG things :fish_palm:

It did improve for me. But for others it didnt. Its now visible, when you play someone elses replay on your PC and vice versa.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
533 posts

Yeah. Been noticing that problem myself. Not just slow rendering, but they disapear in plain view too.

Both ping and frames are stable.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,727 posts
7,383 battles

Same problem. 

Ship opens fire on me ... shells fly out of the water, is rendered on minimap but NOT on screen.

The delay sometimes is from 5-10 seconds for me until the ship gets rendered on screen. Some cruisers can fire up to 2 salvos at me before game decides to render them.

Very problematic imho.

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,467 battles

Here is a video I recorded, note that is modded, but I tried also with vanilla fresh installed game: same results.

• Cool 1

Players
3,339 posts
5,806 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

The delay sometimes is from 5-10 seconds for me until the ship gets rendered on screen. Some cruisers can fire up to 2 salvos at me before game decides to render them.

and @Bics93 WHAT THE ACTUAL F@QQ? This is WAY worse then it has ever been for me. :cap_wander_2: And I was complaining about 4-5 sec delay. Its now down to 2-3, far from optimal, but still an improvement. At the same time, when I watch my replay on the PC of @DFens_666, I can see that im shooting at ships, that arent even visible. He is at something like 6-7 sec I´d say.

This is crazy. You can repeat this. The time of render doenst change. Take a replay and watch it over and over - ships will render at same time.

@Bics93 - I would try to deinstall all mods first. Im not using any. We need to track down, what the problem is here. It cant be PC specs. If you´d need 15 sec to load a ship - youd need 3 hours to load the map on the begining.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,467 battles
1 minuto fa, ForlornSailor ha scritto:

I would try to deinstall all mods first. Im not using any. We need to track down, what the problem is here. It cant be PC specs. If you´d need 15 sec to load a ship - youd need 3 hours to load the map on the begining.

I already unistalled all mods, unistalled the game and installed it again without any mods, no change.

[NED]
Players
1,643 posts
6,131 battles
36 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

I wrote: "Always runned game at max settings with 50-60 fps"

i7 930 2.80GHz

RAM 8 Gb

AMD R9 280x 3Gb GDDR5 

DxDiag.txt

Right those are not very good specs but it should be good enough.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,727 posts
7,383 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

and @Bics93 WHAT THE ACTUAL F@QQ? This is WAY worse then it has ever been for me. :cap_wander_2: And I was complaining about 4-5 sec delay. Its now down to 2-3, far from optimal, but still an improvement. At the same time, when I watch my replay on the PC of @DFens_666, I can see that im shooting at ships, that arent even visible. He is at something like 6-7 sec I´d say.

This is crazy. You can repeat this. The time of render doenst change. Take a replay and watch it over and over - ships will render at same time.

@Bics93 - I would try to deinstall all mods first. Im not using any. We need to track down, what the problem is here. It cant be PC specs. If you´d need 15 sec to load a ship - youd need 3 hours to load the map on the begining.

i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, GTX 980ti, SSD, WIn10, 100Mbps fiber. Should work like magic.

• Cool 1

Players
3,339 posts
5,806 battles
3 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Dude. Im playing on an AMD Phenom II x2 550 with 4 GB of DDRII Ram with and GTX 750 Ti Card.

Its not the specs. If it would be, you wouldnt be able to play the game. How does your team render at the start of the game? its 12 ships. By that logic, you´d need like 2 minutes to see them all... Hell, youd need 15 sec to see yourself !!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,727 posts
7,383 battles

Rendering delay is a problem in communication between server and client.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,643 posts
6,131 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

Or potentially a lack of memory where the textures need to be loaded in all the time because it cant be cached.

Players
3,339 posts
5,806 battles
Just now, nambr9 said:

Not sure. Im toying around with replays at his very moment. There shouldnt be any interaction with the server, when I watch a replay. I wonder what happens if I kill the internet connection, while I watch a replay? Prolly the game kicks me out.

Anyway - I see the same render problems on different PCs. Watch the same replay on two PCs: different rendering time on both - but always the same for each of it. Both games without Mods. Its so crazy...

[SCRUB]
Players
2,727 posts
7,383 battles
Just now, piet11111 said:

Or potentially a lack of memory where the textures need to be loaded in all the time because it cant be cached.

That would be a bug in the client. All we can do is speculate.

There are proven memory leaks in the client, mainly resulting in laggy UI... only WG would know in details.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
533 posts
5 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

I run on a

i-7 3,4Ghz

16 gb memory

SSD

Win 10 64 bit

GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X

and a fiber 50/50 line.

Game is also in a port forward.

I still have isues.

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
155 posts
3,467 battles
2 minuti fa, ForlornSailor ha scritto:

Not sure. Im toying around with replays at his very moment. There shouldnt be any interaction with the server, when I watch a replay. I wonder what happens if I kill the internet connection, while I watch a replay? Prolly the game kicks me out.

Anyway - I see the same render problems on different PCs. Watch the same replay on two PCs: different rendering time on both - but always the same for each of it. Both games without Mods. Its so crazy...

If you want I can send you a Dynamo replay where I wasn’t able to see enemy torpedo boats.

Players
3,339 posts
5,806 battles
11 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

If you want I can send you a Dynamo replay where I wasn’t able to see enemy torpedo boats.

Sure. I can record it here and upload it, you can do on your PC. then we can see the differences.

Sign in to follow this