Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

What is the "flavor" of the new RN DDs?

102 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,975 posts
8,568 battles

Hi all,

I only have "Campbelltown" and "Gallant" (no luck with RN Containers :Smile-angry:)...

Leo "Apollo11"

[NED]
Players
1,640 posts
6,129 battles

Gunboats with functional torps though torpedo launch angles are very restricted similar to your galant.

The higher tier you get the more comfortabel they handle tier 9 and 10 supposedly get 360 degree turning on their guns.

Also extremely stealthy for some reason that i am ok with :cap_win:

[POI--]
Players
3,852 posts
5,006 battles

Being slow, but maneuverable. Lots of close range dakka. Good fire change but rainbow at range. Gets meme AP at the end of the line. also gets very short range hydro, so in DD duels if you get torped, you really messed up and their smokes are lots, but very short.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,071 posts
9,786 battles
43 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I only have "Campbelltown" and "Gallant" (no luck with RN Containers :Smile-angry:)...

Leo "Apollo11"

[edited]up IJN Torp boats by having over 200 sek sonar.......

-Short duration fast reload smoke. 

--Mostly on the slower side geing you overrun if your team cant get they enemy to stay at bay,

-Subpar Torpedorange in the mid level range.

-exelent firechance.

[OCTO]
Players
625 posts
15,094 battles
47 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Flavour like a tofu - no taste, bland but apparently good for you.... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,069 battles

Only played a few Acasta games but it seems decent. I like the maneuverability, guns are good, stealthy, good cap contester, 'always' smoke ready and single spread torps are fun. Will probably continue this line to the end, but I doubt it will dethrone the YY.

• Cool 2

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Korean_sea_salt.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles
1 minute ago, Skyllon said:

Crystal Meth?

Salt

Because the person responsible for these "ships" is either drunk, on heavy medication (for mental issues) or a Cruiser Main.

• Boring 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts
20 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Salt

Because the person responsible for these "ships" is either drunk, on heavy medication (for mental issues) or a Cruiser Main.

Sigh... And me silly was hoping for a party... Oh, well. Going to grab a beer...

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles

Sigh... And me silly was hoping for a party... Oh, well. Going to grab a beer...

Well, I don't know yet about high Tier but for now:

- Brits seem to be very proud of their speed limits, thats why only premium DDs have Speed Booster Consumable.

- While the guns are "good-ish", that 114mm - 120mm can't pen. wet tissue paper without help. (A few weeks ago, on one of these rare occations when I go Random,  I won a gun fight against a full HP Daring in my Z-23 (!) on half HP - 150mm 4tw)

- British DDs also have no Smoke Screen Consumable, they got a 2-3 puff/40sec Joke Screen instead

And here I was hoping to get something like my beloved german DDs... :etc_swear:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
913 posts
7,161 battles

They're manoeuvrable, stealthy, and the torps and smoke aren't anywhere as bad as people say - the RN destroyer donut manoeuvre is already a thing......

• Cool 1

Players
913 posts
7,161 battles

Their torp spread dispersion is very sharp indeed. There is no way to dodge a spread if it is coming at you, hydro or no, and their manoeuvrability makes life almost impossible for gunboat dds or torp ships of other lines. There will be complains when this lot come out.

[D-252]
Players
18 posts
5,250 battles

Unfortunately I seem to be ending up in teams with people who just got them who then proceed and suicide within minutes (particularly Tier 5 and 6) throwing the game. :-(

Got 2 personal missions for Tier 5 & 6 so I guess I'll join the ranks soon...

[-TXG-]
Players
2,357 posts
4 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Salt

5 games in coop (which is the worst place to try out how to play DD's) and you give your expert review...lol...comical.

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,975 posts
8,568 battles
Hi all,

Thanks for info guys - much appreciated! :Smile_Default:

BTW, perhaps some nice (Tier VII/VIII) RN DD might come along despite current lack of luck... :Smile_teethhappy:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
Both Campbelltown" and "Gallant I consider rather "bland" as well... nothing remarkable about them at all (except existence of much stronger DDs in their respective tiers)... :Smile_hiding:

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts
16 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

5 games in coop (which is the worst place to try out how to play DD's) and you give your expert review...lol...comical.

Not sure where you see 'expert review'. What I see is personal opinion and anyone can share it. At least it is on topic, contrary to your comment.

• Cool 4

[-TXG-]
Players
2,357 posts

Not sure where you see 'expert review'. What I see is personal opinion and anyone can share it. At least it is on topic, contrary to your comment.

On topic? accusing WG staff of drunkeness and mental illness because he didn't like a ship in 5 coop games? What a nice bloke he must be. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,071 posts
9,786 battles
3 hours ago, BrigadierRosen said:

Sound quite similar to german dds.

Slow bricks with good guns.

at least with the gaede i have anyways.

Arcs are more floaty you basical trade number of hits at range for a much higher fire chance compared to the germans.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts
5 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

On topic? accusing WG staff of drunkeness and mental illness because he didn't like a ship in 5 coop games? What a nice bloke he must be. :Smile_sceptic:

Lol, in quite a few videos CC are saying WG is drunk and you feel ofended when someone posts it on the forum.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh boy, that's a good one... Sigh...

It's called personal opinion and since it was about RN DDs in thread about RN DDs, it surely was on topic...

You can alway ignore it if you don't like it or just tag it as "Bad" or "Angry".

As far as the rest goes it is up for mods to judge post's content.

In the meantime you'd do much better if you shared your opinion obout those DDs instead of this BS.

• Cool 4

Players
289 posts
977 battles
29 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Arcs are more floaty you basical trade number of hits at range for a much higher fire chance compared to the germans.

ahh i see, i didn't really get into the german DD's till i hit the Gaede anyways although i have maaaaaass unlocked atm.

i liked the v-170 though.

Players
3,546 posts
7,308 battles

Icarus feels like overgimmicked Gallant. 10 somewhat short ranged torps and longer gun range are okay-ish, but smoke is hilariously useless (10s smoke deployment, lasts 40s), no speed boost, though it has RN cruiser acceleration. Tack to that "defensive sonar" and you get boat with identity crisis. Or as mentioned, balance team run out of ideas

• Cool 1