Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PassTheSalt

British Camouflage, not very British!

33 comments in this topic

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
287 posts
9,262 battles

By this I mean it's far too British and you might have to be British to understand this.

American camo I get, they love flag waving and the whole singing the anthem at football(handegg) games.

But this shouty Jack, it's simply not British at all! We prefer understated; how about a pinstripe camo with a small union flag on the prow?
Classy, refined, elegant even, not this showy bravado; we don't need to shout, we just need to get our heads down, do our duty and prevail against the odds when it matters most, then head home for a cup of tea.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 9

Players
924 posts
7,192 battles
5 hours ago, PassTheSalt said:

By this I mean it's far too British and you might have to be British to understand this.

I absolutely agree. There's no way I'm putting that on my Warspite. The most British camo is the default paint job on Fiji - grey with a little flag on the back, just in case.

• Cool 4

[BS4]
Players
765 posts
5,153 battles

crGYghK.jpg

ZNYlxjo.jpg

Perhaps a sort of flag draped over ones ship would be more subtle?

• Funny 2

Players
924 posts
7,192 battles

Battleships should be grey. This is why there is a paint called Battleship Grey, in case anyone thought they should be other colours. None of your Okt. Revska gaudy Soviet Constructivism around here, thank you.

[BONI]
Players
1,064 posts
9,330 battles
6 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

the default paint job on Fiji - grey with a little flag on the back, just in case.

When you're so afraid of your own bombers, you start painting your flag on your turrets.

• Funny 4

Players
924 posts
7,192 battles

It's only a little flag, again v understated, very "excuse me old chap, do you mind?" The Italian ships have to have massive Peppermint stripes half way down their hull to do the same job. 

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
6 hours ago, PassTheSalt said:

Since Brits never say what they mean, we might never know what you mean by what you're saying...

• Funny 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,992 posts
25,650 battles

Iy should have looked like this, one I made on the HMS Daring.

daring-at-sea.jpg

daring-ship=new.png

• Cool 2

Players
97 posts
5,915 battles
1 hour ago, MoveZig said:

When you're so afraid of your own bombers, you start painting your flag on your turrets.

Actually, it's to prevent "friendly fire" incidents from our American allies. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
1,583 posts
6,242 battles
7 hours ago, PassTheSalt said:

American camo I get, they love flag waving and the whole singing the anthem at football(handegg) games.

But this shouty Jack, it's simply not British at all! We prefer understated; how about a pinstripe camo with a small union flag on the prow?
Classy, refined, elegant even, not this showy bravado; we don't need to shout, we just need to get our heads down, do our duty and prevail against the odds when it matters most, then head home for a cup of tea.

Don't be like Angela M.

giphy.gif

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

Players
2,348 posts
6,672 battles
8 hours ago, PassTheSalt said:

So in essence, you think the Brit camo is too salty?

Players
886 posts
7,318 battles
9 hours ago, PassTheSalt said:

No-one told this chap? :Smile_Default:

terry7.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,177 posts
2,399 battles
3 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

But it looks so dashing on French ships! :Smile_hiding:

Try putting it on a German ship in London port.

It's just wrong on so many levels.

[FAIL]
Beta Tester
217 posts
6,451 battles

Ships with that camo need to be blaring out rule Brittania!

Every time you get a kill the poor sod and you need to hear 'colonised!' in a unreal tournament style voice. 

;) 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
382 posts

Myself I copied the colour values for the Lion permoflage over the ones for the Union Jack in camouflages.xml; it is quite a nice pattern in dark and light blue-greys.

shot-18.09.22_16.28.14-0693.jpg

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
Players
1,992 posts
25,650 battles
11 hours ago, jss78 said:

No-one told this chap? :Smile_Default:

terry7.jpg

Great camo, all I can see is some rusty ol teeth.

Players
406 posts
4,215 battles
19 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Battleships should be grey. This is why there is a paint called Battleship Grey, in case anyone thought they should be other colours. None of your Okt. Revska gaudy Soviet Constructivism around here, thank you.

I prefer military grey.

Sign in to follow this