You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

I know this is Heresy of the highest order but - Is the New Op Dynamo just a bit too easy?

94 comments in this topic

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles

Sooooooooo, if we can just keep this on the "down low" and away from those WeeGee types that'd be good but, as per the title - Do you think Op Dynamo is just a bit too easy now it's opened to all Allied T6/7 ships with things like Def AA or Laser like rail guns etc?

Personally I love winning a consistent 5 Star game after 5 star game but, of the admittedly low number of games I've played, I've never felt that the team was even close to losing a Star, never mind actually losing and thats just taking the "edge" away for me a little. I know that sounds a bit odd, especially since all the other Ops have been (IMHO) ruined by WG's recent tweaking, but I've got feeling that this Op could "maybe" do with a little tweaking.

Anyway, thats my opinion, whats yours - is it just right, too hard/easy or should I be forced to watch Logan Paul videos 24hrs a day for the next month as punishment for even asking this question?

Answers below please :Smile_teethhappy:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,046 posts
5,810 battles

At the moment, it doesn't seem excessively hard, but then most people have been running their crazy AA build Sims etc., plus I suspect it's been mostly more experienced players so far.

I'm going to reserve judgement until after the weekend - let's see how it is when over-run with more 'typical' players (points for spotting players who explode in the minefields)...

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,057 posts
17,244 battles

Yes. After they screwed Narai and Frontier, because 7 men Team Speak unicum clan divisions were not "chalenged"  enough, it was expected. 

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,678 posts
9,234 battles

Turns out that there's a set path to take, and 60% of the battle is based on an automatic mechanic.

So simple and straight forward that even the average player can not completely fail.
Dynamo is ground zero.
Glad to know that we at least found the bottom.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

I'm going to reserve judgement until after the weekend - let's see how it is when over-run with more 'typical' players (points for spotting players who explode in the minefields)...

I have seen a Farragut player die at the start after being bombed by the planes before being torped by the very first Schnell boats :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
913 posts
7,150 battles

If you want to see Challenged, I'll break out my Fushun and you can come and Div up with that.  No AA, Deep Water torpedoes, can't hit a barn door with it. Should be worth at least one star less from the get-go.

• Funny 2

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles

Well, it is harder than the last time (2017?).

8 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Yes. After they screwed Narai and Frontier, because 7 men Team Speak unicum clan divisions were not "chalenged"  enough, it was expected.

Sooner or later...

Players
2,339 posts
6,625 battles
34 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

If you want to see Challenged, I'll break out my Fushun and you can come and Div up with that.  No AA, Deep Water torpedoes, can't hit a barn door with it. Should be worth at least one star less from the get-go.

Good luck getting Fushun into op Dynamo :Smile-_tongue:

It should be blocked from participating in it.

I did 5 star it in a single attempt though, but I did end up with 3 Simms's and got carried away! :Smile_medal:

I managed to shoot down 2 planes with my stock t6 Rusky DD, with Dasha! :fish_cute_2:

Players
1,557 posts
13,558 battles

Well, imho first version of this Operation was much more challenging than this New version. But: I use 19-points full retard AA on Sims so only one time I didn't get five stars - >50 shoot down planes is quiet normal. Try this with full Błyska/Leningrad team or with typical Farragut B hull warriors...

25 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Well. Playing 95% solo of first Narai I was able to buy Missouri for free using only super flags during two weeks of not very heavy grinding. So it was very easy, too easy.

Players
913 posts
7,150 battles
5 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Good luck getting Fushun into op Dynamo :Smile-_tongue:

It should be blocked from participating in it.

Gnevny, Aigle? No AA to speak of and a tendency to go too fast...

[SWTP]
Players
377 posts
6,404 battles

Played 3 times: 2 times with Sims- easy 5 stars, one time with Błyskawica plus had  Fushins and Farraguts and Agile or something and we failed badly LOL. I died quite early anyway from a mix of friendly and AI torps.

Players
1,583 posts
6,235 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Gnevny, Aigle? No AA to speak of and a tendency to go too fast...

My first game (4 Stars) was with 5 Aigles.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
739 posts
18,304 battles

Yes its easy. Was playing with planes most of the time at 7-8 line and never went to finish point and easy 5 stars. Maybe got carried by @BeauNidl3.

shot-18_09.21_19_36.39-0923.thumb.jpg.fa0c2b55d7777b88700e8eec4293ceae.jpg

Players
750 posts
2,982 battles
1 hour ago, Exocet6951 said:

Glad to know that we at least found the bottom.

you would think that but people still manage to sail into the mine fields. Already heard and seen this happen a few times :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,872 battles

Not failed yet but have had a few idiots lose us stars. Had 2 DD's not stop to pick up troops, that's 1000 down from the start, so we only saved 6970. Also had lots of players going walk about, if you go more than a few miles from the convoy you spawn extra air attacks. Had an Aigle race for dover spawning 2 DB and 1 TB extra attacks every minute or so. Once they had sunk him the remainder turned back to attack the convoy. Add your usual types going full speed into the minefield or failing to dodge torps and a few stars lost is not unusual. But compared to it's first run it's a lot easier. Lots of T7 DD's, American AA builds and Russian gunboats with BFT means you'll get 5 stars very often.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,678 posts
9,234 battles
31 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

American AA builds and Russian gunboats with BFT

Historically accurate to perfection :Smile_teethhappy:

[HAERT]
Players
2,100 posts
22 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Yes its easy. Was playing with planes most of the time at 7-8 line and never went to finish point and easy 5 stars. Maybe got carried by @BeauNidl3.

shot-18_09.21_19_36.39-0923.thumb.jpg.fa0c2b55d7777b88700e8eec4293ceae.jpg

I noticed you went off South, but it wasn't so tricky. The guy that died went early on by bimbling through the mines.

It wasn't hard to get 5 stars, but I suspect that we had several players with a clue, I didn't check to be honest, Sims is very effective in the mission, adequate AA, decent gun reload and it having awful torpedoes doesn't matter a damn. I used my 19 point Fletcher skipper too which didn't exactly hurt my odds.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,872 battles
46 minutes ago, ajb13 said:

American AA builds and Russian gunboats with BFT

25 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Historically accurate to perfection :Smile_teethhappy:

They are there as neutral observers only, honestly they are :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,822 posts
6,109 battles

Two things this year that have yet to happen in Dynamo:

1st- Saving Parks

2nd- getting a blind shot hit at the cv hiding just beyond the border with 0km detection :cap_popcorn:

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
7,221 battles

Went out in Monaghan and forgot to swap out the Torpedo reload booster for the AA boost.  And we still walked it.

Players
441 posts
6,297 battles

I died and got 5 stars anyway, so can't can't disagree. US destroyers with AA consumables and their fast turret traverse are exceptional at it. Of course if there are no US destroyers it would then be rather hard. 

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,445 battles

I played the operation twice (with Sims, but not an AA-specified capture, I even forgot to take def-AA) so far and both times got 5 stars. With this very small sample size in mind, I do have the feeling that this operation is not very difficult. However, I also find this operation very enjoyable since shooting torpedo boats never cease to be fun. Isn't this what an operation should be? Enjoyable, frustration-free yet some good rewards?

• Cool 1