You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verdius

T8 MM and arms race

T8 MM and arms race  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Has your T8 MM experience improved since the introduction of the T9-10 arms race mode?

• Yes
    • Nope/It has gotten worse
    • Tier 8 matchmaking was never a issue for me

7 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,907 posts
3,809 battles

So, the new game mode is out and one of the things that WG hoped to achieve with the limited tier availability was to pull tier 9 and tier 10 ships out of the random battle matchmaker to make playing tier 8 ships a more pleasant experience instead of constantly getting bottom tiered and clubbed by tier 10s that we have become used to.

Now I don't know about the rest but since the patch day my experience playing tier 8 ships has been as miserable as it was before.

Considering that it is the new mode and I'd expect the first few days to be its most popular days as everyone tries it out, but the random MM queue still seems to be as full of T10s as ever. Not a single top tier or even tier 9 game for me so far. Just endless Harugumos, Worchesters, Conquerors, and Yamatos/Musashi.

So I was wondering if it was just my terrible luck to miss out on a huge improvement, or if the rest of you have been having a equally bad experience as before.

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,992 battles
1 hour ago, Verdius said:

So, the new game mode is out and one of the things that WG hoped to achieve with the limited tier availability was to pull tier 9 and tier 10 ships out of the random battle matchmaker to make playing tier 8 ships a more pleasant experience instead of constantly getting bottom tiered and clubbed by tier 10s that we have become used to.

Now I don't know about the rest but since the patch day my experience playing tier 8 ships has been as miserable as it was before.

Considering that it is the new mode and I'd expect the first few days to be its most popular days as everyone tries it out, but the random MM queue still seems to be as full of T10s as ever. Not a single top tier or even tier 9 game for me so far. Just endless Harugumos, Worchesters, Conquerors, and Yamatos/Musashi.

So I was wondering if it was just my terrible luck to miss out on a huge improvement, or if the rest of you have been having a equally bad experience as before.

You need an option for no change whatsoever 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,760 posts
10,656 battles
1 hour ago, Verdius said:

Considering that it is the new mode and I'd expect the first few days to be its most popular days as everyone tries it out (...)

Currently Ranked is on and AR is incompatible with many missions (especially the Legendary Module grind). You also can't get signals for achievements (hell, you can't get achievements at all), further discouraging people from seriously trying out the mode. And everyone playing it just once won't really make for many matches (not to mention that people don't go "I want to play t10 -> maybe I'll play AR". Much more often it would be along the lines of "I want to play AR -> t10 it is, then", so the mode doesn't proportionally drain from t10 population that much more than from other tiers).

Players
1,020 posts
5,450 battles

I tried one arms race and I won't bother. So as a lot of other people.

So yeah it won't gonna affect tier VIII mm a lot.

Radical changes of +1 MM on for that tier are needed as it was discussed countless of times.

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,907 posts
3,809 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

You need an option for no change whatsoever 

Has your T8 MM experience improved

>nope

The option is right there