Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
avrahams1

Reporting system easily abusable and kidna broken

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[PINZ]
Players
86 posts
9,708 battles

Hey,

 

I'm sure I'm not the first one to point this out, but are there any plans to address the broken reporting system?
 

On the one hand - a player can quite literally play for a straight month spawning in battle, going to the far edge of the map and screwing their team on purpose, e.g. a Shima doing that us a huge wasted resource.

That player can be reported a million times as AFK (bot) and it seems like nothing happens to them.

 

On the other end - 1 or 2 people target someone and report them for chat violations, that guy has a 24 hour chat ban, making him MUCH LESS effective in combat for the next day, as there's no way to communicate or coordinate.

 

This system is plain broken.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,919 posts
6,028 battles
2 minutes ago, avrahams1 said:

On the one hand - a player can quite literally play for a straight month spawning in battle, going to the far edge of the map and screwing their team on purpose, e.g. a Shima doing that us a huge wasted resource.

That player can be reported a million times as AFK (bot), literally nothing happens to them.

 

Reporting someone for AFK only works when he doesnt move/play. So since he moved around, the system will ignore that. Atleast thats what i understood from WG.

 

2 minutes ago, avrahams1 said:

On the other end - 1 or 2 people target someone and report them for chat violations, that guy has a 24 hour chat ban, making him MUCH LESS effective in combat for the next day, as there's no way to communicate or coordinate.

 

This also works only when you said something in chat. If you dont say anything, being reported for misbehviour in chat wont do anything, except lower your karma.

 

Maybe try to get some karma? I get compliments/reports all the time too, and sometimes i really vent if i see ppl doing stupid crap and i let them know it. So far i never received a chat ban, maybe good Karma prevents that too ? :cap_cool:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
3,913 posts
7,767 battles
Quote

Reporting system easily abusable and kidna broken

You don't say... any other groundbreaking new discoveries? Is water wet, by any chance? :cap_fainting:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,490 posts
14,552 battles

Yeah, it is lots of fun and engaging. You forgot to mention getting reported by a disgruntled enemy for sinking their ship tho. Fixed it for you. :Smile_great:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PINZ]
Players
86 posts
9,708 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Reporting someone for AFK only works when he doesnt move/play. So since he moved around, the system will ignore that. Atleast thats what i understood from WG.

 

 

This also works only when you said something in chat. If you dont say anything, being reported for misbehviour in chat wont do anything, except lower your karma.

 

Maybe try to get some karma? I get compliments/reports all the time too, and sometimes i really vent if i see ppl doing stupid crap and i let them know it. So far i never received a chat ban, maybe good Karma prevents that too ? :cap_cool:

I know I'm opening myself to the armchair Dönitzs and Yamamotos of the world when I say this, but I'm not so great, I'm an average player.

I get compliments every so often, but not often enough, so if Karma is the antidote to that chat ban crap, I'm crap out of luck till they fix this system.

 

Also - how should I report a clear bot?

The most fitting one seems to be the AFK one.

Before you ask how you know it's a bot - for an example see Flamu's last stream, there was a Gearing that was CLEARLY a bot.

 

14 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

You don't say... any other groundbreaking new discoveries? Is water wet, by any chance? :cap_fainting:

So, a player goes to the forums to complain about a game mechanic, where these concerns should be raised, and smartasses like you still have issues with it?

f*ck off dude.

 

12 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yeah, it is lots of fun and engaging. You forgot to mention getting reported by a disgruntled enemy for sinking their ship tho. Fixed it for you. :Smile_great:

That I don't get.

You can only report the enemy for 2 insignificant things, don't remember which.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,490 posts
14,552 battles
8 minutes ago, avrahams1 said:

That I don't get.

You can only report the enemy for 2 insignificant things, don't remember which.

Yeah, me neither... I only know it because every now and then some enemy actually takes it upon himself to announce in chat that I've been reported for unspecified offenses and curiously enough after I check player in the team list it often tends to be one Bismarck or another who just managed to blunder into my torps.:Smile_amazed:

 

Oh well, no worries tho. My karma has apparently reached its natural equilibrium value for now so whatever I manage to lose, I usually regain within the same weekend so it does not actually change much. I take it is a good sign then. Hehehe! :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
3,919 posts
6,028 battles
39 minutes ago, avrahams1 said:

That I don't get.

You can only report the enemy for 2 insignificant things, don't remember which.

 

Play RN Cruiser and you will see your Karma drop by a ton usually (if you are doing well in them). There are other suspects too, i suppose annoying Worcesters/Harugumos camping at Islands/Smokes might gather some nice amount of reports aswell :Smile_teethhappy:

Or play CVs, they tend to be hated by friends and enemies!

 

32 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Oh well, no worries tho. My karma has apparently reached its natural equilibrium value for now so whatever I manage to lose, I usually regain within the same weekend so it does not actually change much. I take it is a good sign then. Hehehe! :Smile_Default:

 

I was quite some time at 60 too, then it bumped up to 80 now its almost steadily rising at 105 currently. Right now i tend to get 2 compliments per 1 report. Seems like ppl are accnowledging when someone is trying to help :Smile_amazed:

 

44 minutes ago, avrahams1 said:

Also - how should I report a clear bot?

Not sure if you can and if it would do anything. Pay attention to CVs starting their planes and they only circle their own CV. If an enemy ship gets into range, suddenly all planes attack that ship - certainly bot behaviour. Or sometimes you see Ships basicly being AFK for the whole match, but once they get spotted they start to move - Imo also Bot behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
544 posts
6,819 battles
1 hour ago, avrahams1 said:

On the other end - 1 or 2 people target someone and report them for chat violations, that guy has a 24 hour chat ban, making him MUCH LESS effective in combat for the next day, as there's no way to communicate or coordinate.

 

This system is plain broken.

It makes them much less noisy, somewhat less irritating and cleans up chat a bit. I only wish the chat ban and disabling chat applied to pings as well.

 

I have 10,000 games across 2 servers and currently have a harma of 2. My commentary in chat is almost exclusively non constructive and yet I have never been chat banned.

 

Currently the system works exactly as it is supposed to. Take the hint and just shut up in chat occasionally. 

 

 

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PINZ]
Players
86 posts
9,708 battles
5 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

It makes them much less noisy, somewhat less irritating and cleans up chat a bit. I only wish the chat ban and disabling chat applied to pings as well.

 

I have 10,000 games across 2 servers and currently have a harma of 2. My commentary in chat is almost exclusively non constructive and yet I have never been chat banned.

 

Currently the system works exactly as it is supposed to. Take the hint and just shut up in chat occasionally. 

 

 

So telling a DD that hasn't touched a cap while we are literally losing to "do their damned job and cap" is bad, roger!

Thank you Saint That_Other_Nid, for saving the world, one snarky comment at a time!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
4,129 posts
5,150 battles
34 minutes ago, avrahams1 said:

So telling a DD that hasn't touched a cap while we are literally losing to "do their damned job and cap" is bad, roger!

Thank you Saint That_Other_Nid, for saving the world, one snarky comment at a time!

could phrase it better. And it needs more than one report to get a chat ban.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
544 posts
6,819 battles
1 hour ago, avrahams1 said:

So telling a DD that hasn't touched a cap while we are literally losing to "do their damned job and cap" is bad, roger!

Thank you Saint That_Other_Nid, for saving the world, one snarky comment at a time!

See that is a perfectly reasonable comment. Unless of course you are 15 km away behind an island at the time. Ordering all the other ships around the map for the entire game and then abusing people who don't follow your direction. Then sinking and blaming the whole team because they didn't follow your obvious plan. That tends to get the chat ban.  I tend to silence anyone who posts 5 times in the first minute and report anyone who pings more than about 15 times. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,996 posts
3 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Is water wet, by any chance? :cap_fainting:

Not if you dehydrate it.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, avrahams1 said:

Hey,

 

I'm sure I'm not the first one to point this out,

Nope, you're not the first and surely not the last!

 

3 hours ago, avrahams1 said:

but are there any plans to address the broken reporting system?

WG said that is working on it.

Just be patient.

 

In the meantime just abuse the ship out of it. Trust me, you're going to feel better.:Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PINZ]
Players
86 posts
9,708 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

could phrase it better. And it needs more than one report to get a chat ban.

I gather you haven't played weekends much :)

 

36 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

See that is a perfectly reasonable comment. Unless of course you are 15 km away behind an island at the time. Ordering all the other ships around the map for the entire game and then abusing people who don't follow your direction. Then sinking and blaming the whole team because they didn't follow your obvious plan. That tends to get the chat ban.  I tend to silence anyone who posts 5 times in the first minute and report anyone who pings more than about 15 times. 

While I obviously have no way of proving it, I can assure you I don't do that, at least not on purpose.

I play my ship's role to the best of my ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
4,129 posts
5,150 battles
Just now, avrahams1 said:

I gather you haven't played weekends much :)

I played it enough to know at what point to stop typing and just try to carry. Most people won't become smarter just because one rages.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×