Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CircleOfSorrow

Lootboxes!

17 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts
319 battles

I got a really good deal with the lootboxes from WoT last Xmas, with lots of gold, vehicles, and consumables dropping.  With the lootboxes currently available in the WoWS shop, what can I get besides the consumables that I don't think I am ready to invest in yet?  I see Bismarck, Yamayoto, Freedom, and Royal navy boxes.  Can I get prem ships if I am lucky?  I wanted a couple of prem ships that were on sale a couple of days ago, but have now missed them :/

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
3,640 battles

You can get tokens which you can trade in for either a Gallant or a Warspite.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
3,640 battles
3 minutes ago, CircleOfSorrow said:

Thanks....going to research them both now...

As a side note, for the Cossack you'll have to wait for her to either go on sale the old fashioned way, or join us in the grinding.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Erm read descriptions of the boxes before spending your money!!

Please... :cap_fainting:

No current lootbox has Prem Ships in it.

The Royal Navy ones "might" drop you early access to one of the tech tree RN DDs.  You will receive Tokens in regular amounts in the boxes, it's not an efficient way if you want Warspite or Gallant in terms of cost but I'm not sure if there's any other way of getting them currently.

Wait, the USN boxes might drop a USN Prem ship of some sort :Smile_hiding:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
3,640 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Wait, the USN boxes might drop a USN Prem ship of some sort :Smile_hiding:

A mission for them, actually, that may or may not have run out by this stage..

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

A mission for them, actually, that may or may not have run out by this stage..

Oh.. :Smile_amazed:

I never got any of the USN boxes as I already had all the ships I want from that tech tree/Prems. Didn't fancy that T6 Torp Boat thing.

But yeah, loot boxes are bad if you're going to chase Prem ships in them!

I agreed to get 20 RN DD boxes and I got what I wanted from them, wouldn't have spent more...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
3,640 battles
1 minute ago, Negativvv said:

Oh.. :Smile_amazed:

I never got any of the USN boxes as I already had all the ships I want from that tech tree/Prems. Didn't fancy that T6 Torp Boat thing.

But yeah, loot boxes are bad if you're going to chase Prem ships in them!

I agreed to get 20 RN DD boxes and I got what I wanted from them, wouldn't have spent more...

And just so you know, you would have gotten credits as compensation, not doubloons.

I'll be perfectly honest, I spent enough on those to get all of them, as I felt I was running short of credits at the time. Made good use of them too, bought upgrades for literally everything. :Smile_teethhappy:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
5 minutes ago, lafeel said:

And just so you know, you would have gotten credits as compensation, not doubloons.

I'll be perfectly honest, I spent enough on those to get all of them, as I felt I was running short of credits at the time. Made good use of them too, bought upgrades for literally everything. :Smile_teethhappy:

I think this is the only promotion I've ever seen where duplicate ship purchases will give out the doubloon price... Warspite looks like better value however.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
3,640 battles
Just now, Negativvv said:

I think this is the only promotion I've ever seen where duplicate ship purchases will give out the doubloon price... Warspite looks like better value however.

Indeed. Although no question that the Gallant is the superior RN captain trainer for the DD's.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Indeed. Although no question that the Gallant is the superior RN captain trainer for the DD's.

It's so good that it almost makes the RN loot boxes look ok in value as I can already buy back a Warspite in doubloons which is essentially half the price of 20 boxes.

Lel well Gallant is ok, I got R1 awhile ago with it so I'm a fan. 

Only other Prem RN DD is currently Campbeltown lol, Cossack at some point too I guess.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
3,640 battles
3 minutes ago, CircleOfSorrow said:

Do ships go on sale regularly?

Wouldn't expect a discount such as the one currently on again till x-mas if that's what you mean.

[CATS]
Players
20,333 posts
12,522 battles
4 hours ago, CircleOfSorrow said:

I got a really good deal with the lootboxes from WoT last Xmas, with lots of gold, vehicles, and consumables dropping.  With the lootboxes currently available in the WoWS shop, what can I get besides the consumables that I don't think I am ready to invest in yet?  I see Bismarck, Yamayoto, Freedom, and Royal navy boxes.  Can I get prem ships if I am lucky?  I wanted a couple of prem ships that were on sale a couple of days ago, but have now missed them :/

Content is listed in the premium shop...

[H_FAN]
Players
2,260 posts
31,815 battles
4 hours ago, CircleOfSorrow said:

A few times a year, often during summer also but then sadly 1 ship a day the latest two years, mainly T6-8. If you miss that particular day the chance is missed for that ship.

The christmas boxes may but only may be a chanec if you are ready to gamble but then you must accept lots of camos and flags in the boxes you miss, maybe 10 %-15 % drop rate and you should want that ship that you get, but you will not get duplicates, until you run out of the ships in the lists that you can get. Expensive but may be the only chance to reciev ships like Belfast , Kutuzov , kamikaze etc even Nikolai and Gremy can be drawn but these ships are rare, Gremy was the last ship for me but Nikolai pretty early the year before. But I have bought maybe 60 boxes or more/year.

Sometimes packages might be offered to high prizes. 

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,708 battles
6 hours ago, CircleOfSorrow said:

Basicly if you want premium ships buy them directly from shop or use doubloons to buy them from tech tree. 

Christmas is 2 months away that will bring the lootboxes back wich contains ships with VERY LOW drop chance, rewason why ppl invest in these christmas boxes is chance yo get ships that are no longer for sale like Kutuzov, Belfast and Nikolai. 

Remember lootboxes are gambling and you might not get ship even if you throw 200€ at them. 

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,724 posts
20,935 battles
6 hours ago, CircleOfSorrow said:

All ships in the game, premium and regular, were on sale this week. 

Sign in to follow this